Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whats the best gig you have ever been too?

+2
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

I have two which are joint top (which is cheating already i guess)

Babyshambles at the MEN arena.  This one was because Pete Doherty actually turned up and wasn't off his face so it was a good gig.  Also, suprising as it was, he had dizzee rascal supporting him which we didn't know until we got there and all the gigs he was doing were sold out at the time.

The Verve at the ballrooms in Blackpool.  My Favourite band ever and this gig was absolutely amazing.  they came on and did an encore, after that everyone was walking out and i turned to my missus and said "i can't believe they didn't play History"  just as i said it and we was almost out they came back on and played it.  half the people had already left.

I was lucky to have worked at the arena (selling programmes Smile ) so have seen quite a few very good and very shite artists.

The worst one's where Ronan Keating and N Sync.

We also got on the TV once while on our fag break.  They decided to film Booker T doing a segment right next to us for WCW (Sorry Fin) once.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

If I had to pick just one it would be Jefferson Airplane and the Doors at the Roundhouse in London in 1968.

xmiles wrote:If I had to pick just one it would be Jefferson Airplane and the Doors at the Roundhouse in London in 1968.
I bet you could pick a top 100 couldn't you xmiles?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Muse reading 2002.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Muse reading 2002.
I forgot i went to a muse gig, probably around the same time as well but at the manchester apollo.  Did they have the big inflatable balls hanging over the crowd that they dropped towards the end.  (Insert ball dropping gags here)

This would be a very close 2nd for me, not that i can remember the last half hour or so!!!!!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I saw them on the same tour at the civic hall in Wolverhampton supported by hundred reasons. They were superb there too. Same big balloons. 

Sadly they really are making terrible music nowadays. 

Origin of symmetry really is a masterpiece though.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

y2johnny wrote:
xmiles wrote:If I had to pick just one it would be Jefferson Airplane and the Doors at the Roundhouse in London in 1968.
I bet you could pick a top 100 couldn't you xmiles?

There were a lot of great gigs back then. I was in London at uni and colleges put gigs on in mid-week as well as on Friday and Saturday plus lots of places like the Marquee and the Roundhouse. Truly it was bliss.

I hardly go now but the last concert I went to was Jeff Beck. He is still a fantastic player.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I saw them on the same tour at the civic hall in Wolverhampton supported by hundred reasons. They were superb there too. Same big balloons. 

Sadly they really are making terrible music nowadays. 

Origin of symmetry really is a masterpiece though.
Yeah hundred reasons where there at the Apollo gig!

Have to agree though, very few songs of theirs these days have the same feel to them.

Showbiz for me was a top album.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That was a good era for British rock with hundred reasons, muse, Reuben, hell is for heroes, yourcodenameis:milo etc etc. only lasted about a year though.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I've never actually been to a live gig. It's something I would like to do and do feel like I'm missing out somewhat, but it's just so damn expensive. Foo fighters would be my dream gig.

Bwfc1958 wrote:I've never actually been to a live gig. It's something I would like to do and do feel like I'm missing out somewhat, but it's just so damn expensive. Foo fighters would be my dream gig.
Some bands are great live (foo fighters) and others are absolutely shocking (Stone roses)

Don't get me wrong i love the stone roses but they are shite live.

Kings of Leon pre sex on fire would be one of my favourite one's to go to..........and probably Beth Orton

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I saw foo fighters a couple of times good band but I don't think they're amazing live honestly. 

Saw them at reading 2002 and at the NEC.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i go to so many now and have been a regular gig goer since i was 18, it would be hard to choose a few never mind one.

some of my favourites have been

New Order Reading Festival 1993
Happy Mondays and Inspiral Carpets first GMEX gigs (both around 1990 i reckon?)
Carter USM at Bolton Institute (no idea on date now)
Orbital at Manchester Academy 2012
Pixies at Manchester Apollo last year
Stone Roses at Heaton Park (first night)

Thats a few off the top of my head but i have been to literally hundreds over the years.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Public Enemy at Manchester Apollo in the early 90's when I was a kid. Changed my life.

Natasha Whittam wrote:Public Enemy at Manchester Apollo in the early 90's when I was a kid. Changed my life.

Funnily enough nat my sister in law went to that same gig. We was talking about it the other day.

Your not my sister in law are you? You seem to be everybody else Wink

Norpig wrote:i go to so many now and have been a regular gig goer since i was 18, it would be hard to choose a few never mind one.

Thats a few off the top of my head but i have been to literally hundreds over the years.

What was ian brown like norpig. From the stuff ive watched online and from what others have said he is shite live. But then again most people are off their tits at his gigs so it doesnt matter Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

Funnily enough nat my sister in law went to that same gig.  We was talking about it the other day.

Your not my sister in law are you?  You seem to be everybody else Wink

If I was related to you I'd have buried you under the patio months ago.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Funnily enough nat my sister in law went to that same gig.  We was talking about it the other day.

Your not my sister in law are you?  You seem to be everybody else Wink

If I was related to you I'd have commited incest and moved to burnley months ago.

pale

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Norpig wrote:i go to so many now and have been a regular gig goer since i was 18, it would be hard to choose a few never mind one.

What was ian brown like norpig.  From the stuff ive watched online and from what others have said he is shite live.  But then again most people are off their tits at his gigs so it doesnt matter Very Happy
 he was a long way away Johnny but he never was the best singer, it was just amazing to finally see one of my favourite bands live. I missed Spike Island and any other gigs around Manchester they did, but i did get to see almost all of the other Madchester bands around then, happy days  Very Happy

You watched the film spike island yet? Its supposed to be good. Keep flicking past it thinking i will get round to it

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum