Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official: Oscar Threlkeld joins Plymouth Argyle on loan

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oscar Threlkeld has joined Sky Bet League Two side Plymouth Argyle on loan until January.

The 21-year-old follows in the footsteps of team-mate Andy Kellett, who enjoyed a three-month stint with the Pilgrims during the 2014/15 season. 

Equally capable of playing in defence or midfield, Threlkeld has eight senior appearances in a Bolton shirt to his name since making his Trotters debut against Sheffield Wednesday in April 2014.

Full updates of Oscar's progress at Plymouth will follow in our loan watch series throughout the season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bit disappointed that Threkeld, Kellett and White are all so far off standard that Lennon's brought in 3 full backs so far this summer. You'd think all three are running out of time.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Bit disappointed that Threkeld, Kellett and White are all so far off standard that Lennon's brought in 3 full backs so far this summer. You'd think all three are running out of time.

Totally agree and would probably go as far as saying that none of our youngsters have proven they can command a place at this level - including Clough who has been off the pace this season.

Clough's shown flashes - his run against MK Dons was superb. But so far he hasn't hit the heights of last season. He probably needs to adjust to being a marked man.

I'm most concerned about Vela who I thought Lennon would be building his midfield around with Pratley injured, hopefully there's no attitude problem/ truth in the transfer rumours. I'd like to see him starting every week.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

they still have time on their side, United wanted Kellett so he must have something about him and Threlkeld has done ok when called on, not so sure about White though. 
If these lads can get a regular game lower down the leagues then all well and good for now. With the way our finances are, they will be getting a regular game for us before long

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Clough's shown flashes - his run against MK Dons was superb. But so far he hasn't hit the heights of last season. He probably needs to adjust to being a marked man.

I'm most concerned about Vela who I thought Lennon would be building his midfield around with Pratley injured, hopefully there's no attitude problem/ truth in the transfer rumours. I'd like to see him starting every week.

Can't make my mind up about Josh. I saw his debut a few years ago and thought he was brilliant but the next time he turned out he got murdered.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum