Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

the disappointment of transfer deadline day

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Why i get excited about this anymore i dont know.  Transfer deadline day might as well be christmas day.  You wake up, all full of excitement and wonder at what just might be throughout the day, but inevitably it ends the same with a big bag of giant buttons and a carton of chocolate milk crying myself to sleep.

Ok, not quite, but not that far off. (Especially with the chocolate buttons)
It was a day where i knew my missus would be having a go because sky sports news would be on the tv all day and my phone would be glued to my hand.  At first it sounded promising.  A certain newspaper reporting said he is expecting movement in and out of the club.  As a fan, that was all i needed to hear to keep me invested in transfer deadline day.

Seconds turned into minutes.  Minutes turned into hours.  Hours went by and absolutely nothing happened.  Then, with 5 minutes to go something big is about to happen.  Some movement.  Everyone gets excited.   Its gone 6 but aslong as a "dealsheet" has been submitted then it can go on up until 8pm.

For something big to happen i would wait two hours, though, i didnt have to.  The big movement (not my bowels by the way) was kellett to wigan.  Another sub standard player to our new b team in league 1.

Seriously?!??!?!

I hate transfer deadline day........just like christmas!

HUMBUG

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel your pain Johnny, the only fun i got out of it yesterday was Breaders winding up Mark Isles on the BN live blog  Very Happy

It will be the same as previous years, we'll wait for the loan window to open and then we need to get a striker, if we don't we won't get out of the bottom half this season.

I agree. We also NEED pratley and clayton fit. Clayton can play outwide and pratters in a more forward position and i can see us getting goals. Pratters has proved he can score goals at this level, hopefully he will again

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

y2johnny wrote:Why i get excited about this anymore i dont know.  Transfer deadline day might as well be christmas day.  You wake up, all full of excitement and wonder at what just might be throughout the day, but inevitably it ends the same with a big bag of giant buttons and a carton of chocolate milk crying myself to sleep.

Ok, not quite, but not that far off. (Especially with the chocolate buttons)
It was a day where i knew my missus would be having a go because sky sports news would be on the tv all day and my phone would be glued to my hand.  At first it sounded promising.  A certain newspaper reporting said he is expecting movement in and out of the club.  As a fan, that was all i needed to hear to keep me invested in transfer deadline day.

Seconds turned into minutes.  Minutes turned into hours.  Hours went by and absolutely nothing happened.  Then, with 5 minutes to go something big is about to happen.  Some movement.  Everyone gets excited.   Its gone 6 but aslong as a "dealsheet" has been submitted then it can go on up until 8pm.

For something big to happen i would wait two hours, though, i didnt have to.  The big movement (not my bowels by the way) was kellett to wigan.  Another sub standard player to our new b team in league 1.

Seriously?!??!?!

I hate transfer deadline day........just like christmas!

HUMBUG

I would expect most of us to be used to it by now.
When is the last time we signed anyone of note on a deadline day? not counting frees, loans etc..... I can't remember anyone off the top of my head.

Overall, I think Lennon will be pleased with the first team he's put together - providing he can pick up a striker in the loan window or on a free. 

Prince looks a player, we replaced Bogdan easily, we have two actual full backs for the first time in fuck knows how long and we've got some flair in Wellington. Remains to be seen how Osede will fit in, but for a window that must have felt like pulling teeth at times that's not a bad return.

Let's be honest, all the window is about for us nowadays is shifting players out.

We were never going to sign anybody on a permanent basis, were we?

We all knew that well before yesterday.

I honestly couldn't get my head round the fact that the BN Deadleg Day piece had so many people on it asking Iles if we were going to bring in a striker before 6pm.

All suggesting names (Fucking Sordell....? Yeah, fuck it....let's get him and Ngog back, eh?)

Yesterday was all about trying to offload players so that we'd have some money to pay the wages of anybody we can tempt to join us during the loan window which starts next week.

Will we get a striker?

Dunno.

And we have to accept that if we do bring one in, he's either going to be someone like Madine that is seen as "tarnished goods" by everybody else or a massive gamble on unproven talent.

Wonder what Braaten's up to these days........

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't even watch it, found out about the De Gea crap in the paper today, laughed my balls off.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Transfer deadline day will be shit for years to come unless we somehow get someone to invest, which doesn't look at all likely. I remember deadline day in the past, when I would just leave teletext on all day waiting for our name to come up with a signing. Don't bother any more. Just another day for us.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember when we almost signed Wayne Biggins. I needed to change my knickers 5 times that day.

Natasha Whittam wrote:I remember when we almost signed Wayne Biggins. I went through 5 boxes of tissues that day.

affraid

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That doesn't make any sense.

Natasha Whittam wrote:That doesn't make any sense.

Yes.......yes it does

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum