Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Assistant Manager (Steve Watford) Updated: 14/09/15

+9
doffcocker
Norpig
Barryjw
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
Soul Kitchen
CAMPO
karlypants
rammywhite
13 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Mjallby is on his way out of the club this weekend for personal and family reasons- so Neil is looking for a new deputy.
Who do you fancy?
Rumour is that it might be Alan Thompson

Thought Lennon and Thompson fell out after Lennon sacked him at Celtic.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's currently the first team coach at Blackpool.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Barb Dwyer wrote:Thought Lennon and Thompson fell out after Lennon sacked him at Celtic.
Yeah- but they've kissed and made up since then

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Majallby is the defensive coach, what about an Ex defender who's out of work at moment, BSA!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

CAMPO wrote:Majallby is the defensive coach, what about an Ex defender who's out of work at moment, BSA!

No, he'll be the new owner according to frazzle fanny!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's a shame I like Johan. Hope everything is ok with him. 

Must be something serious. 

Lennie Lawrence is a name that comes straight to my mind.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Lennie Lawrence is a name that comes straight to my mind.
Laughing

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Could it be Lennon's best mate Gerry Taggert, last heard of coaching at Leicester don't know where he is now. Big reputation in coaching circles. Think Thompson may have left Blackpool now.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big Gerry would be good, always liked him as a player but i bet it will be Tomo. Best tell the bars on Bradshawgate to stock up now  Very Happy

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It'd be nice to see an old face sporting the badge again, but given current state of affairs, we'll surely just be going for the cheapest option possible which probably means appointing from within.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:It'd be nice to see an old face sporting the badge again, but given current state of affairs, we'll surely just be going for the cheapest option possible which probably means appointing from within.
Surely Mjalbys not working for nowt.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alan Irvine has his tracksuit already packed.

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Norpig wrote:Big Gerry would be good, always liked him as a player but i bet it will be Tomo. Best tell the bars on Bradshawgate to stock up now  Very Happy
Don't mind Thompson, but we will need a defensive coach, so doubt Lennon will upset Parker by making Tomo assistant and neglecting defence. Not a good idea not to have balance in your management team

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I can't believe he will consider bringing Tomo in. At this point in his career, Lennon will be taking his decision way more seriously than hiring mates who have let him down badly in the past.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers set to appoint Steve Walford as Neil Lennnon's new number two

Lennon confirmed at his press conference ahead of tomorrow's clash with Sheffield Wednesday that the 57-year-old he played under at Leicester will replace the outgoing Johan Mjallby who is returning to his native Sweden for personal reasons.

Former West Ham, Arsenal and Tottenham defender Walford is currently part of Martin O'Neill's coaching staff with the Republic of Ireland and Lennon says he will continue that role.

But he will be full-time assistant at the Macron once negotiations are completed.

Lennon told The Bolton News: "We are very close to appointing Steve Walford – negotiations are almost finalised.

"Steve has a wealth of experience and that will be invaluable to me.

"I worked with him under Martin O’Neill and know his qualities as a coach."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's Steve from Walford

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum