Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bastards who don't turn up.

+5
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:38

I am currently flogging something I no longer need on a well known internet site designed expressly for this purpose.

I posted the advert last week and I received an enquiry today from a "Kelly" who said she wanted to buy it.

So we exchanged details and agreed that she could collect it tonight at 6pm (her preferred time).

I made it clear that this was fine with me, as we were due to pop up to the Middlebrook to collect our holiday tickets, so the earlier the better.

6pm comes around and no sign of Kelly.

Half six, still nowt.

7pm and I decide to send her a polite text enquiring if she's still coming and remind her that we were going out.

7:30 no reply received so it's "Fuck you, Kelly" and off we went.

Just got back now and still no word from Kelly the Bitch.

Is it really too much to ask that people send you a quick text if they've changed their mind?

If the shoe had been on the other foot, I would have been falling over myself to apologise.

This is the first time I've tried flogging something on the internet - is this normal behaviour?

Last edited by Breadman on Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:42; edited 1 time in total

2Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was it Gumtree?

This seems to happen a lot on there for some reason.

3Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:41

Yes.

4Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:42

Ive flogged loads of stuff online and never had a problem.....yet (touch wood and all that)

But i do find some people very difficult to communicate with (lets call them bellends) Smile and have to send a million messages before they confirm an exact time

5Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Yes.
If it is too big to post and not worth much then I would just dump it and save yourself the hassle otherwise use eBay and PayPal and post it out to the winning buyer.

Gumtree is full of scammers and oddballs as you have just experienced. Smile

Last edited by karlypants on Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:43; edited 1 time in total

6Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:43

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stick to eBay and only sell to people who have good feedback

7Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:43

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can also put buyer to collect on eBay

8Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:You can also put buyer to collect on eBay
But it's a bit of a PITA when it tries to force the buyer to pay with paypal and that is a big no-no on collection only items. Smile

9Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Breadman wrote:Yes.
If it is too big to post and not worth much then I would just dump it and save yourself the hassle otherwise use eBay and PayPal and post it out to the winning buyer. Smile
She probably thought better of owning a reflector telescope.  Razz

10Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:51

It's not my telescope (which is brill, by the way).

It's something we bought 4 years ago for ninety quid and have never used.

So I'm flogging it for half that.

(Sorry to be all cryptic but I wouldn't put it past certain people on here to start taking the piss if I actually divulged what it was because the advert's got my finger prints all over it and you'd know it was me straight away.)

11Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:It's not my telescope (which is brill, by the way).

It's something we bought 4 years ago for ninety quid and have never used.

So I'm flogging it for half that.

(Sorry to be all cryptic but I wouldn't put it past certain people on here to start taking the piss if I actually divulged what it was because the advert's got my finger prints all over it and you'd know it was me straight away.)
If it can be packaged appropriately so it won't get damaged, Collect+ is pretty cheap for posting items that are a couple of kilos up.

You would probably have a better market for it on ebay depending on what it is and a wider audience so you could possibly sell it for more. Smile

12Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:56

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it a bread maker?

13Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Is it a bread maker?
:rofl:

14Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:57

Your name Kelly.....?

15Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 20:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This would make a good comp. What can it be?

16Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 21:01

Took me bastard ages to parcel it up.

And you'll never guess what it is:

Bastards who don't turn up. F8214092a7ae859c774c1689e4891a8a

17Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 21:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

European Cup?

18Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 21:03

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Your name Kelly.....?
Smile

19Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 21:04

Breadman wrote:Took me bastard ages to parcel it up.

And you'll never guess what it is:

Bastards who don't turn up. F8214092a7ae859c774c1689e4891a8a

A Norman wisdom smoking a pipe bust?

20Bastards who don't turn up. Empty Re: Bastards who don't turn up. Mon Sep 28 2015, 21:04

boltonbonce wrote:European Cup?

Cold.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum