Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If it was still legal to twat kids

+6
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
karlypants
wanderlust
Chairmanda
doffcocker
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1If it was still legal to twat kids Empty If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:46 am

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

...would the world be a better place?

OK, it's a good thing that parents, teachers, members of the general public can't get away with bullying children through use of violence any more. I don't deny that that is progress, and I don't believe that a good parent/teacher should need to be violent to teach right from wrong. But the problem is, there aren't enough good parents and teachers out there. They don't have the social skills to be able to control kids any other way.

I bring this up because I've had to take the bus a lot lately and it really is unbelievable how cocky the average brat on there is. A typical bus ride in Bolton now consists of 10-20 OAPs, mothers, toddlers etc. sat in silence and five maybe ten 11-13 year olds talking about sex positions the average BN poster won't have heard of. I'm not saying there were never any little bastards on my school bus, but things have definitely gotten worse. The bottom line is, they know they have the upper hand and there's nothing any grown man can do about it without being prosecuted. It can't be right, surely.

Do you ever find yourself wanting to give some cocky kid a slap, and more importantly do you ever think it would actually be for the greater good?

2If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:56 am

Are you sure you're only 23 Doff?

Because, yet again, you've posted a thread which sounds like it could be one of mine and I'm a right miserable old bastard.

(Fully agree with the sentiments expressed, by the way.)

3If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:05 am

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

a book recommendation....try The Slap. I thought it was brilliant, and it covers just what you raise above. I consider myself non violent, but it really challenged my beliefs.

4If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:18 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If all kids could grow up with a sense of taking responsibility for and facing the consequences of their actions without corporal punishment - great. Unfortunately there is a substantial proportion who seem to think there are no consequences, which in turn undermines respect for others and challenges the fabric of society. They tend to be the ones who feel hard-done-by and later discover that the world doesn't actually owe them a living.

5If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:41 am

I know this is nothing new (Rockers and Mods battling it out on Brighton Beach heralded the end of the world in the 60's and Punk Rock was supposed to be the musical accompaniment to the apocalypse ten years later) but I do think it's getting worse.

When I was at school in the 80's, the mere prospect of your teacher pointing out your misdemeanours to your parents during Parents' Evening was enough to ensure that the majority of us kept our noses clean.

But then again, we were a bunch of Grammar School softies, so that doesn't really prove much.

However, what does make me cringe and fear for the future of civilised society is the apparent abandon with which parents nowadays publicly swear at their small children.

I know I swear quite a lot on here but it's a football forum populated by adults and for me at least, watching / discussing the fortunes of BWFC has always involved the use of colourful language (through necessity for emphasis most of the time.)

But I regularly now see and hear scrotey parents screaming four-letter filled invective at their tiny charges and I think "That can't be good, can it?"

If you grow up in a house where your Mum and Dad say "Pass me the fucking salt, you little bastard" you're going to think that's what constitutes civilised behaviour, aren't you?

I know a couple who thought it was hilarious to teach their 18 month old son to say "I need a shit" and when I questioned them on it, they laughed and said "It's ok, we'll teach him that swearing is wrong when he's old enough to understand."

What sort of confused, fucked up message is that to be sending?

6If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:56 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Should get Social Services involved now Breadders. Shocked

7If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:28 pm

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

In general these days, youngsters are little bastards. They are only behaving how they've been raised so parents must take a substantial amount of blame but when these kids reach a certain age there's no turning back. They are who they are until they get old enough and grow up enough to realise they are a tosser. Some will change, some will embrace being a disrespectful arsehole and take it through adulthood.

A couple of years ago I was sat in the CAB down in Walkden and these four schoolkids were at the door taking the piss through the window and one kid in particular, about 15 years old, was saying all sorts of disrespectful stuff safe in the knowledge he was in a school uniform and there was fuck all i could do about it. I stewed on it for about ten minutes to the point where my blood was boiling. I stormed over, ripped open the door and he was stood there with a big smirk on his face so I gripped the little shit by his tie and had him against the wall and asked him not so nicely if there was something he wanted to say to my face. He promptly shit himself, as did his mates who were suddenly very quiet. I threw the little shit on the floor and told him to leave before I did him some damage, and off they went.

The missus wasn't happy and said I should have just left it and she's probably right. I could get arrested for that sort of thing after all. I had no intention of beating the shit out of him but I just had to let this kid know he wasn't untouchable. Oh, and it made me feel a whole lot better as well.

8If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:04 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

and I'm a right miserable old bastard.

Hate to say it, but i agree with you.

9If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:56 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

Do you ever find yourself wanting to give some cocky kid a slap, and more importantly do you ever think it would actually be for the greater good?

I've said many times, cull everyone under 25 and the world would instantly become a better place.

10If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:18 pm

scottjames30 wrote:

Hate to say it, but i agree with you.

Sorry, I didn't quite catch that because your massive, wobbly jowls make it difficult to understand you.

Can you say it again please?

Slowly.

(And take that pie out of your mouth.)

11If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:20 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Come say that to myface you big soft weak lump of lard.

12If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:52 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure that you two are in love with each other! Very Happy

13If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:53 pm

Nope....still not getting it.

Can you write it down please?

Use that crayon you were saving for supper.

14If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:55 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Id have a boxing match with him for charity.

Id sort the ring out etc etc.

15If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:57 pm

scottjames30 wrote:
Id sort the ring out etc etc.

I thought punching your opponent up the chuff was verboten under the Queensbury rules?

16If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:59 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For charity Bread, lets do this for a good cause.

17If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:01 pm

Not if you're going to punch me up the arse.

Weirdo!

18If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:02 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I will get in the ring with both of you and give the pair of you a bloody good slap each.

Jesus Christ! Give it a rest! Very Happy

19If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:02 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I won't hit you below the belt.

20If it was still legal to twat kids Empty Re: If it was still legal to twat kids Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:07 pm

Can I hit you with a cricket bat?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum