Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Talk Talk hacked - all your bank details stolen.

+3
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
Sluffy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I know I'm old and thus think like an old person does but is there only me that tends to keep all his financial details OFF the internet.

I've just never had any confidence in computer security - if one man writes a programme to secure information on line I'm sure it is not beyond the wit of another man (or woman before anybody accuses me of being sexist) somewhere in the world, to hack in to it!

I'm a little bit lucky in that I live close to my local bank and thus much prefer to my business directly with them.

Of course there's a little bit more inconvenience and sometimes I do have to provide suppliers with my bank details but I do try to keep that to a minimum.

However my peace of mind is greatly enhanced every time there is another major hack of 'secured' personal data somewhere or other, in than I am very unlikely to be affected.

I'm not gloating, I fell sorry for the millions at Talk Talk who now have the worry and bother over their bank details being made available to countless undesirables, I'm simply relieved that I'm not amongst them.

I guess most on here use daily things like internet banking, paypal and shop on line but do you still feel safe in doing so?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it is a worry but i use internet banking all the time now and hardly ever go into a branch these days. I also do almost all my shopping on line but haven't had an issue yet (yet being the operative word)

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I know I'm old and thus think like an old person does but is there only me that tends to keep all his financial details OFF the internet.

I've just never had any confidence in computer security - if one man writes a programme to secure information on line I'm sure it is not beyond the wit of another man (or woman before anybody accuses me of being sexist) somewhere in the world, to hack in to it!

I'm a little bit lucky in that I live close to my local bank and thus much prefer to my business directly with them.

Of course there's a little bit more inconvenience and sometimes I do have to provide suppliers with my bank details but I do try to keep that to a minimum.

However my peace of mind is greatly enhanced every time there is another major hack of 'secured' personal data somewhere or other, in than I am very unlikely to be affected.

I'm not gloating, I fell sorry for the millions at Talk Talk who now have the worry and bother over their bank details being made available to countless undesirables, I'm simply relieved that I'm not amongst them.

I guess most on here use daily things like internet banking, paypal and shop on line but do you still feel safe in doing so?

4 million customers could be affected. That is an awful lot of data which will no doubt be sold to unscrupulous individuals. I can see the benefits of internet banking but you hear so many horror stories about the bank computers having glitches and wages not being paid in on time. It's a no from me.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Caught the back end of this on the radio and now sounds like the hackers have sent them a ransom demand.

It is always profit before giving a shit about the customer.  They have the shittest broadband & customer service ever, can't believe they have so many customers!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's the big deal, they can't do much with just bank details except pay money INTO your account.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:What's the big deal, they can't do much with just bank details except pay money INTO your account.

They will have much more information than that such as full name and address.

Many people now have the risk of identity fraud etc.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have apparently spent 348 quid on blow up dolls and sex lines today.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I have apparently spent 348 quid on blow up dolls and sex lines today.
Is it one with a real feel and face Hipster? Very Happy

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope so not delivered yet.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mine keep going down.

karlypants