Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poor Service

+4
chipbutty
gloswhite
Lyric Todkill
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Poor Service Empty Poor Service Mon Jun 04 2012, 13:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been waiting for Largehat to post his promised thread about poor service, but he clearly has better things to do than spend all day on a football forum so I'll start it.

I was in Sainsburys yesterday getting a bit of shopping. I bought a bag of frozen peas advertised at a special offer price of £1. When I got to the till they went through as £1.47, not for the first time the price on the shelf didn't match the till price.

Now it's only 47p and most people will just let it go because they don't want to cause a fuss over such a small amount. But Sainsburys stand to gain a lot of money from this "error". How many bags of frozen peas will one store sell while this promotion is on? Thousdands probably so it's a nice little earner for them.

So I did make a fuss. I asked to speak to the manager and out stepped a 12 year old in a suit claiming to be a supervisor. So I asked for a proper manager who had gone through pubity. Finally the big boss arrived and all he could say was it was an "ongoing problem" with his staff and "was there anything else". Useless. So I am writing to Jamie Oliver to see if he is happy for his company to treat customers this way.

I have many more which I will bring to you later. What are your experiences of poor customer service?

2Poor Service Empty Re: Poor Service Mon Jun 04 2012, 13:23

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've been waiting for Largehat to post his promised thread about poor service, but he clearly has better things to do than spend all day on a football forum so I'll start it.

I was in Sainsburys yesterday getting a bit of shopping. I bought a bag of frozen peas advertised at a special offer price of £1. When I got to the till they went through as £1.47, not for the first time the price on the shelf didn't match the till price.

Now it's only 47p and most people will just let it go because they don't want to cause a fuss over such a small amount. But Sainsburys stand to gain a lot of money from this "error". How many bags of frozen peas will one store sell while this promotion is on? Thousdands probably so it's a nice little earner for them.

So I did make a fuss. I asked to speak to the manager and out stepped a 12 year old in a suit claiming to be a supervisor. So I asked for a proper manager who had gone through pubity. Finally the big boss arrived and all he could say was it was an "ongoing problem" with his staff and "was there anything else". Useless. So I am writing to Jamie Oliver to see if he is happy for his company to treat customers this way.

I have many more which I will bring to you later. What are your experiences of poor customer service?

Quite the opposite from Tescos

Had a bad steak a couple of weeks ago

Took it back, refunded x 2 and then a nice letter with a further £10

3Poor Service Empty Re: Poor Service Mon Jun 04 2012, 14:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Had some brilliant service from the Halifax just the other day. After their recent mortgage rate increas of .48%, I received an increase on my mortgage payment of £433 instead of about 50 ish (I think). Queried on line immediately, went to the branch next day, waited for initial investigation letter, which said that the two loans I took out for my cars, (one of them finished about 5 years ago !) were never added to the mortgage itself, and as a result the sum was still outstanding. The high payment was required by the end of my mortgage, which is in 18 months time. I lodged an official complaint, and informed them I would be going to the Ombudsman, especially in view of a couple of factors I would be including. Received a call last Thursday, saying they accept it was their fault, and will be crediting my mortgage with £8,300, (slightly more than I had calculated), and will send me the two overpayments (£866 by cheque), next week. I like the Halifax Very Happy

4Poor Service Empty Re: Poor Service Mon Jun 04 2012, 15:20

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

This 'special offer' at supermarkets. It happens in Morrisons to often for it to be a mistake. They have this label advertising x y and z, but be very careful. Check that it not only the low fat (or whatever) that is on offer but that the weight is the same as the offer price. The offer labels are often over the wrong item and as you say people don't make a fuss or even check when it goes through the till.

5Poor Service Empty Re: Poor Service Mon Jun 04 2012, 18:21

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The recession has hit the Whittam household. Hope you got your 47p back.

6Poor Service Empty Re: Poor Service Mon Jun 04 2012, 20:18

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Not the point.

7Poor Service Empty Re: Poor Service Mon Jun 04 2012, 21:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:The recession has hit the Whittam household. Hope you got your 47p back.

Shut it you bellend, I didn't get where I am today by letting people rip me off for 47p.

8Poor Service Empty Re: Poor Service Mon Jun 04 2012, 22:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

There’s been countless times when I've done a shop at a supermarket that I've found later that some offer or other hasn't been reduced at the cash desk, so much so that I usually now have a rough idea how much my shop should come too and if it seems a long way off from what I thought it should be and what I am actually charged, then I will check my receipt whilst still in the store and take it directly to customer services for an instant refund.

The usual excuse is that 'they' mustn't have programmed the offers into the tills yet - yeah right.

I don't think they do it deliberately, just human error - but if they only overcharge an average say just 10p per customer - that adds up to an awful lot of money across the country!

I don't mind the odd pound or two (its worth that to me for the convenience of shopping there) but I can and do find I'm over charged several pounds from time to time particularly on the 2 for 1 offers where they end up charging me (and others) full price for both.

9Poor Service Empty Re: Poor Service Mon Jun 04 2012, 22:26

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Glad to learn it's not just me that gets pissed off by supermarkets failing to give the advertised discounts. They are happy to correct it when their attention is drawn to it but how many times are they getting away with it?

10Poor Service Empty Re: Poor Service Mon Jun 04 2012, 23:32

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The important thing to remember is that if you tried to short-change them by a penny, then you wouldn't get the item. That sort of approach should go both ways.

11Poor Service Empty Re: Poor Service Mon Jun 04 2012, 23:42

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lyric Todkill wrote:

They are probably used to it at Tesco, the standard of their meat is very, very poor compared to the other major supermarkets in my experience.

I sometimes buy fresh meatballs, I usually shop at Asda and they are fine. I picked some up at my local Tesco Express instead once, never again. They oozed a dark yellow fat and were essentially economy burgers moulded into a spherical shape - disgusting.

12Poor Service Empty Re: Poor Service Mon Jun 04 2012, 23:45

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nat, like your picture. Wha are you this week ?

13Poor Service Empty Re: Poor Service Tue Jun 05 2012, 07:26

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

largehat wrote:
Lyric Todkill wrote:

They are probably used to it at Tesco, the standard of their meat is very, very poor compared to the other major supermarkets in my experience.

I sometimes buy fresh meatballs, I usually shop at Asda and they are fine. I picked some up at my local Tesco Express instead once, never again. They oozed a dark yellow fat and were essentially economy burgers moulded into a spherical shape - disgusting.

Agreed

Got some great beef and steaks from Fairclough's at Egerton the other day

14Poor Service Empty Re: Poor Service Tue Jun 05 2012, 08:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Nat, like your picture. Wha are you this week ?

Debra Morgan, a character from Dexter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum