Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FSH or Fake Service History

+2
Mr Magoo
Bolton Nuts
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FSH or Fake Service History Empty FSH or Fake Service History Sat Mar 05 2016, 18:16

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Just bought a car with full service history.  
I am looking through the book and found that the FSH looks fake.  

It's in a genuine book but there are a couple of things I have noticed... 

1. The handwriting is too similar over the whole 5 years,albeit with some attempt to disguise the fact, and looks like it's all with the same pen.  

2. The stamps are all from the same garage but they all look not only the same colour but the same age.  ie. older ones are not more faded than the new stamps, and they really should be.  

3. The first page of the book is the warranty page which says this page must be complete to validate your warranty from new. But there are no customer details there for the original owner.  Who would buy a brand new car and not fill that in?

4. Out of the 5 stamps,2 of the dates have been altered. We all can make a mistake writing todays date I know. But 2 out of 5 seems more likely if you are making dates up. 

So, at this stage. What, if anything, would you do about it?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2FSH or Fake Service History Empty Re: FSH or Fake Service History Sat Mar 05 2016, 18:35

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Fill it up and go for a spin.

3FSH or Fake Service History Empty Re: FSH or Fake Service History Sat Mar 05 2016, 18:38

...and check that the vin plate inside the car and the one under the bonnet both match the V5. Very Happy

4FSH or Fake Service History Empty Re: FSH or Fake Service History Sat Mar 05 2016, 18:52

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Check for welding in the centre of the car

5FSH or Fake Service History Empty Re: FSH or Fake Service History Sat Mar 05 2016, 18:54

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd book it in for a service.

6FSH or Fake Service History Empty Re: FSH or Fake Service History Sat Mar 05 2016, 19:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why are you buying s car with your eyes shut? You should have done a check on the car before buying!

7FSH or Fake Service History Empty Re: FSH or Fake Service History Sat Mar 05 2016, 19:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would post this in the motoring section on the money saving expert forum with your concerns.

8FSH or Fake Service History Empty Re: FSH or Fake Service History Sat Mar 05 2016, 21:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Trading Standards at the Town Hall.

9FSH or Fake Service History Empty Re: FSH or Fake Service History Sat Mar 05 2016, 21:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'd arrange to get it stolen, just in case.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum