Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do you rate this season's turnout?

+5
Hipster_Nebula
Numpty 28723
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For all the talk of empty seats, I think the club has done an alright job at keeping fans on board in the four seasons we've now been a Championship club.

The football couldn't have been less exciting overall yet the gate rarely deviates massively from a respectable 16,000. The tickets aren't the dearest in the league, but they're hardly being given away either. I don't believe the attendances were this stable in the Todd/Allardyce days when we actually looked like we might get promoted.

If there was a God, and we invested some money into the team and got back to our rightful place the PL, could we potentially be filling the stadium on a weekly basis?

Don't forget that when they announce the crowd figure, it takes into account season ticket sales, so the number of actual attendees could be a lot less than the 16,000 quoted because they get included whether or not they've turned up.

I would honestly be amazed if we had anything like 16,000 people turning up on match days now.

(I can see the ground quite well from my armchair.)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We should fill it, you can tell by the number of people on a forum like this that don't go to games just how much potential there is.

However, I fear the rise of Chorley FC will scupper those plans. It's said that upto 50% of Bolton's current core fanbase is from Chorley and surrounding areas. A couple more promotions or an FA Cup run for the Magpies and BWFC are fooked.

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's said that upto 50% of Bolton's current core fanbase is from Chorley and surrounding areas. 

One of those "surrounding areas" being Bolton presumably?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

One of those "surrounding areas" being Bolton presumably?

Horwich and Blackrod.

Yeah, like I said, Bolton.

Just admit you made that factoid up.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Don't forget that when they announce the crowd figure, it takes into account season ticket sales, so the number of actual attendees could be a lot less than the 16,000 quoted because they get included whether or not they've turned up.

I would honestly be amazed if we had anything like 16,000 people turning up on match days now.

(I can see the ground quite well from my armchair.)

I've always wondered exactly how it's counted.

Now that it's basically a computerised system they've got on the turnstiles where some bloke scans a barcode on the ticket, I wouldn't have thought they'd need to add it up manually.

Supposedly there have been three or four matches this season where at least 16,000 have turned up but obviously with the others it's been more like 13/14k. Either way, over the three and a bit seasons, the average is supposedly about 16,000. How accurate that is, it's hard to say.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Yeah, like I said, Bolton.

Hard to believe, but I did pluck it out of the air but I don't think I'm far off. I often come through Chorley to collect my father on the way to the match and sometimes there are at least 8 people stood at the bus stop near the Yarrow, and maybe upto 12 in Adlington.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think with Man City trying to get Bolton fans on their war waggon, its just a matter of time that they'll have just Gartside and Eddie left sat there next season.
I think we'll win the league and beat UTD at home this season.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:Yeah, like I said, Bolton.

Hard to believe, but I did pluck it out of the air but I don't think I'm far off. I often come through Chorley to collect my father on the way to the match and sometimes there are at least 8 people stood at the bus stop near the Yarrow, and maybe upto 12 in Adlington.

Fair comment - I'm not going to argue with hard, anecdotal evidence like that.

Thanks for your candour.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I bet Big Phil wishes we could play Leeds every week for all that extra dosh they put into his the clubs coffers.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of the quietest stadiums on the planet. Not sure you can rate that particularly highly.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:One of the quietest stadiums on the planet. Not sure you can rate that particularly highly.

How many stadiums have you been in Hipster?

I'm guessing the atmosphere at Rotherham, York, Charlton, Blackburn, Barnsley and Swindon ain't exactly rocking.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:One of the quietest stadiums on the planet. Not sure you can rate that particularly highly.

You are an awful wum

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

why not try and pop down once in a while and join in then? Your slagging of the team is understandable but you're constant moaning about our fans is getting on my tits

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

why not try and pop down once in a while and join in then? Your slagging of the team is understandable but you're constant moaning about our fans is getting on my tits
:agree:

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

Sorry I don't have the disposable income to spend the best part of 300 quid to watch the utter dross served up week in week out nowadays. 

And I'm not wumming the atmosphere is appalling I've been to the stadium loads of times. I've been to a good number of away grounds. Not a "collector" but enough to know our ground isn't up to much. 

Sorry, I'm a fan of Bolton but that doesn't mean you have to lie about the state of the club. 

Obviously the truth hurts because when someone says a bit they get called a wum of threatened.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i've not called you a WUM or threatened you Hipster, you're entitled to an opinion like the rest of us i just don't like your constant moaning about the fans. What do you want us that do go to the Macron to do? 
Do you want me to start a chant up every 10 minutes lets say? The crowd will back the team when they show us that they actually care about playing for our great club.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Sorry I don't have the disposable income to spend the best part of 300 quid to watch the utter dross served up week in week out nowadays. 

And I'm not wumming the atmosphere is appalling I've been to the stadium loads of times. I've been to a good number of away grounds. Not a "collector" but enough to know our ground isn't up to much. 

Sorry, I'm a fan of Bolton but that doesn't mean you have to lie about the state of the club. 

Obviously the truth hurts because when someone says a bit they get called a wum of threatened.

I think it's the way you present yourself that pisses people off, you clearly think you are better than your average Bolton fan. That's fine when it's said by someone like me because I am, but you're a bitter Aberdeen fan trying to wind us up.

Not biting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum