Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Well then..........

+9
boltonbonce
rogercpc
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
Alf Hooker
scottjames30
JohannesburgWanderer
Bwfc1958
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Well then.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well then.......... Wed Nov 04 2015, 14:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Everyone is putting way too much emphasis on the Chairman and lack of funds.

The simple fact is if we had a decent manager who could spot talent and then motivate them we wouldn't be in this mess.

Freedman was a fucking disaster and Lennon is following in his footsteps. He's not had much money to play with, but the players he's brought to the club have all been poor and shown no heart or passion whatsoever.

If we do get shut of Lennon and actually bring in a manager with knowledge of the Championship watch us get better very quickly.

22Well then.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well then.......... Wed Nov 04 2015, 14:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
We really are screwed and I can't see a way out.

...and on that cheerful note...

...there is of course a way out, but it requires a cool head and some serious expectation management, especially from those fans who started this season with high hopes despite our self-evident paucity of quality.
We may get relegated unless NL builds the team properly from the back instead of spurring the lemmings on over the cliff in a bid for glory. And if we're relegated, we may be unable to meet our financial commitments and have to go into receivership. There may even be further relegations down the league but sooner or later (preferably sooner) there will be a change in ownership, leadership and some sort of rebirth and that will mean a fresh start, hopefully with lessons learnt, realistic expectations and a solid financial footing.

23Well then.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well then.......... Wed Nov 04 2015, 14:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:And if we're relegated, we may be unable to meet our financial commitments and have to go into receivership.

There is no chance of that happening. Absolutely zero.

24Well then.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well then.......... Wed Nov 04 2015, 15:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:He's not had much money to play with, but the players he's brought to the club have all been poor and shown no heart or passion whatsoever.
"Heart" and "passion" are football cliche's that are thrown around to the extent that they've almost lost their true meaning nowadays but in this case I honestly think the players are trying their best effort-wise. Whether that's what you mean by those words I'm not sure, but I believe they all feel they have something to prove and I imagine they are gutted the way things are going.

I think Lennon's problem is that the players are just not as good as he was or the players he managed at Celtic and he is unable to adapt his tactics accordingly.
I also think his pride won't let him adopt a more defensive-minded  formation that would start to earn us a few points.
He seems obsessed with attacking with a lumbering target man - which gives the opposition plenty of time to organise their defence for the predictable footie that follows as a result. And by setting things up for an open game we are stacking the odds against ourselves with this squad.

Right now I'd play 5 across the middle to turn it into a midfield war of attrition and stick a rabbit like Clayton or Feeney up front on their own to chase lost causes. 

Forget Madine, Heskey, Ameobi etc - especially away from home - what's the point?

25Well then.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well then.......... Wed Nov 04 2015, 15:12

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How do you become a millionaire owning a football club? Start off a billionaire.

26Well then.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well then.......... Wed Nov 04 2015, 15:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:How do you become a millionaire owning a football club? Start off a billionaire.
..or asset strip and exit before it folds.

27Well then.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well then.......... Wed Nov 04 2015, 15:25

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:And if we're relegated, we may be unable to meet our financial commitments and have to go into receivership.

That's the very same stern, authoritarian tone you adopted when you guaranteed that the money would definitely be found to sign Le Fondre.

And we all know what happened there.

28Well then.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well then.......... Wed Nov 04 2015, 15:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

That's the very same stern, authoritarian tone you adopted when you guaranteed that the money would definitely be found to sign Le Fondre.

And we all know what happened there.
Yup. Wolves definitely found the money.

29Well then.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well then.......... Wed Nov 04 2015, 15:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
"Heart" and "passion" are football cliche's that are thrown around to the extent that they've almost lost their true meaning nowadays but in this case I honestly think the players are trying their best effort-wise. Whether that's what you mean by those words I'm not sure, but I believe they all feel they have something to prove and I imagine they are gutted the way things are going.

You really have lost touch with football.

Heart and passion are very much alive and well at plenty of clubs, unfortunately not at Bolton. A team of crap players can go a long way on heart and passion.

As soon as we let a goal in heads drop and the second usually follows. There's no comeback, no attempt to force the pace, no real effort.

Seriously, stop making these ridiculous comments when you haven't actually been to a game this decade.

30Well then.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well then.......... Wed Nov 04 2015, 15:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I really have lost touch with reality.
Bless.

31Well then.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well then.......... Wed Nov 04 2015, 16:38

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can't do fuckall with heart and passion at this level, you have to be good enough, and we are far from good enough.

32Well then.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well then.......... Wed Nov 04 2015, 17:11

Don't think the terminology of heart and passion is quite right, but if we saw more players putting a shift in, concentrating properly and staying organised that would get us up the league.

There's no way we should be so poor with the players we have, there's enough quality in there but they need an injection of confidence and some decent management. He's not doing enough on the training pitch to get the defence sorted out and he's certainly not doing enough to motivate the players. Look at MK Dons, Preston, Bristol City's starting line ups, they're shite. Adding a striker would help a lot but Lennon's massively under-performing himself and I reckon he'd admit that.

33Well then.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well then.......... Wed Nov 04 2015, 17:49

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Actually getting into the Prem and being seen around the world every week is advertising that money can't buy almost.  Somebody like Ford Cars for example could have the stadium renamed and Ford plastered all over the players shirts etc etc etc..... the 30 mill plus another 20 mill ? for new players.  It's not even Ford's budget for one months worth of advertising on the tele. That's not quite the same as a faceless consortium buying the club to try and make some money. Somebody should be interested surely.

34Well then.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well then.......... Wed Nov 04 2015, 18:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alf Hooker wrote:Well I hope 'saint fucking Eddie' is pleased with the position we are now in because its down soley to his decision to keep that leech Gartside in as his chairman for the time of his tenure. He should have been fired when they took the absolutely shite decision to appointment Sammy Lee as Manager. the typical petty 'cheap Bolton Option' as always, and don't give me that continuity argument shite, because that's what started the rot after Ian Greaves left and look what happened then. When Sam Allardyce left we were in the position of being a very attractive club for a proven manager to take over, upper half of the prem and qualifying for Europe, but did he advertise it? - did he fuck - and that's when the downward spiral started, he appointed S L who had never managed and quite obviously couldn't, and we are where we are now because after he predictably failed. Gartside who "knew football" had to appoint what he regarded as a firefighter - the fact he was a twat of a man, a manager who had ruined perfectly well run clubs previously and played shite football meant nothing to him because Gartside has never admitted to a fuck up in his life - League cup final tickets fiasco anyone? Anyone who has made so many diabolical professional decisions (two tier premiership with no relegation?? he knew what was coming along time ago and turned him and us into a laughing stock) would have been fucked out of their position long ago but not with good old Eddie in charge. saviour of BWFC - don't make me laugh - anyone owns the club but refuses to see the cancer at the club, who is just a self serving £600K+ megalomaniac, and remove him deserves to lose every penny they put in. Ask yourself if you were in charge and a 'massive lifelong fan' and you could see you were going to destroy the club would you keep digging the hole?? I wouldn't.  Right now FC Wanderers of Bolton - not fuckin horwich! - can't come quickly enough.

:agree:

35Well then.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well then.......... Wed Nov 04 2015, 18:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Then you're an idiot. Gartside doesn't run BWFC.

36Well then.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well then.......... Wed Nov 04 2015, 18:50

Yes he does.

Admittedly, he's there to do ED's bidding but if he didn't have an active role in policy setting and business decision making, we could save ourselves roughly £500k a year by making his role redundant.

And I think that Alf makes it quite clear in his piece that they're both culpable for the mess we're in.

Read it again, idiot.

37Well then.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Well then.......... Wed Nov 04 2015, 21:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Then you're an idiot. Gartside doesn't run BWFC.
 why do you care anyway sod off back to Chorley you turncoat

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum