Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

swearing at football matches...

+5
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
largehat
Reebok_Rebel
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41swearing at football matches... - Page 3 Empty Re: swearing at football matches... Wed Jun 06 2012, 16:15

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Picture this scenario. You always go to the footy with your friends ever since you were a teen. Getting passionate and swearing at the appropriate moments - "tackle that cunt, you bastard!" or whatever. You do this for years, same seats in the same section with the same behaviour. Then you have a kid and decide that it is time for little Johnny to come to the footy with dear old Dad. How do you then justify asking the regulars to not swear out of respect for little Johnny's youth? Didn't you know where you were taking him?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

42swearing at football matches... - Page 3 Empty Re: swearing at football matches... Wed Jun 06 2012, 16:17

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
no your wrong, swearing shows nothing about the level of intellect of the person doing the swearing...

its simply a way of venting frustration or showing elation.

for instance....

me shouting.... 'oh for fucks sake you blind cunt that was NEVER a penalty'

or 'get the fuck in....what a fucking goal!'

shows nothing about how much of an intellectual i am...

sorry, but it doesn't...

Ok, but would you do that if there were a couple of young kids sat in front of you?

no and yes...

if I was in a family stand then no, but if parents are stupid enough to bring their kids in the ESL corner and then whine about the use of bad language, then no.

family stands are there for a reason....

fortunately, there are hardly any kids around me in the bok anyway...

43swearing at football matches... - Page 3 Empty Re: swearing at football matches... Wed Jun 06 2012, 16:17

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You aren't understanding the point Rebel.

You've just given examples of events that may happen in a game where swear words are used. Yes I use them for poor refereeing, goals and bad tackles etc.

We are talking about the over use of swear words in a public place like a football match is.

They do sound moronic and of little intellect. The English language is so vast and varied that you don't need to swear in every sentence.

Last edited by Copper Dragon on Wed Jun 06 2012, 16:18; edited 1 time in total

44swearing at football matches... - Page 3 Empty Re: swearing at football matches... Wed Jun 06 2012, 16:18

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Keegan wrote:Picture this scenario. You always go to the footy with your friends ever since you were a teen. Getting passionate and swearing at the appropriate moments - "tackle that cunt, you bastard!" or whatever. You do this for years, same seats in the same section with the same behaviour. Then you have a kid and decide that it is time for little Johnny to come to the footy with dear old Dad. How do you then justify asking the regulars to not swear out of respect for little Johnny's youth? Didn't you know where you were taking him?

fucking cracking post my friend....

45swearing at football matches... - Page 3 Empty Re: swearing at football matches... Wed Jun 06 2012, 16:19

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Copper Dragon wrote:

They do sound moronic and of little intellect. The English language is so vast and varied that you don't need to swear in every sentence.

you do at the match... Wink Wink

46swearing at football matches... - Page 3 Empty Re: swearing at football matches... Wed Jun 06 2012, 23:54

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I want to take my little Grandson to a game at the Reebok... but i must admit the bad language coming from the area where i sit. puts me off from taking him.

Not naive, just don't want to be blamed for introducing him to bad language.

Brought up in a different Era, never swore at my kids or in front of children or Women.

47swearing at football matches... - Page 3 Empty Re: swearing at football matches... Thu Jun 07 2012, 00:13

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Banks, I am not a parent or indeed a grandparent and I do sympathise with what you're saying, but I'm afraid I take the attitude that there is no way to insulate children from 'bad' language in this day and age. I don't know how old your grandson is, but as soon as he gets to school age he will hear all the swearwords on a daily basis.

Unless you are a member of the upper class and you can somehow insulate your kids from the outside world, I don't really see a solution.

48swearing at football matches... - Page 3 Empty Re: swearing at football matches... Thu Jun 07 2012, 00:34

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You can't , it's impossible to insulate your kids from the outside world, but at this moment in time, it's nice to enjoy the innocence of a child speaking his own mind without swearing.... He's 4 yrs old.

49swearing at football matches... - Page 3 Empty Re: swearing at football matches... Thu Jun 07 2012, 01:08

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Banks of the Croal wrote:I want to take my little Grandson to a game at the Reebok... but i must admit the bad language coming from the area where i sit. puts me off from taking him.

Not naive, just don't want to be blamed for introducing him to bad language.

Brought up in a different Era, never swore at my kids or in front of children or Women.

Exactly Banks, it's a respect thing that's lacking nowadays.

I used to take my nephew on't Turf when he was a little un (5 to 10 years old) and I always said to him... whatever you hear on the footy that's where it stays, don't repeat it outside.

Three seasons ago I remember seeing and hearing from my lofted vantage point him calling Ashley Cole a wanker.

He's a good lad.

50swearing at football matches... - Page 3 Empty Re: swearing at football matches... Thu Jun 07 2012, 02:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

My grandmother has a famously acidic tongue. She rarely swears (she prides herself on having never said the F word in her life), yet manages to piss off every person she's in the presence of within minutes, whether its with a derogatory comment or just being plainly bad mannered.

She loves telling people how much she hates swearing yet fails to understand that she'd upset less people if she was a person that swore with every other word, and didn't make the antagonistic comments that she does.

So what I'm saying is, a lot of people think swearing is a big sign of disrespect, but when you weigh it up, it means fuck all really.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum