Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Takeover deal edges closer as Wanderers’ talks with Sports Shield consortium reach crucial stage

+3
terenceanne
wanderlust
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's business as usual as Wanderers return to full training after the international break this morning – but behind the scenes, takeover talks are reaching a pivotal stage.

Neil Lennon’s side get back to playing duties against Reading next weekend, still needing to claw back a three-point gap on the sides above them in the relegation zone.

And although the situation on the pitch is certainly one of pressing concern, attention has been drawn away over the last fortnight by events in the boardroom at the Macron Stadium.

The Bolton News understands Eddie Davies and his advisors are set to resume discussions with the Sports Shield consortium about a proposed change of ownership and that more information could come to light by the end of this week.

Little is known about the source of the cash needed to secure ownership from the Isle of Man businessman, which has created a sense of suspicion inside and outside the club as to the validity of the bid.

Former Wanderers striker Dean Holdsworth has been identified as one of the men involved in the talks, although it is now thought he may be acting as a go-between on behalf of a consortium of investors.

Davies and his legal representatives are thought to have taken a hands-on involvement in discussions and sources inside the club claim he has already rejected a handful of bids over the last 12 months because they failed to provide enough of a guarantee safeguarding the Whites’ future.

Parties on both sides of negotiations are unable to speak publicly for legal reasons. Details that were due to be confirmed at the weekend have remained under wraps but while solid information has been thin on the ground, sources close to the deal insist it is moving in a “positive direction”.

It now seems increasingly likely that if the current takeover talks reach fruition there will be a complete change in the hierarchy at the Macron, which could mean the end of Phil Gartside’s 16-year reign as chairman.

Initial reports claimed two former Wanderers stalwarts Sam Allardyce and Phil Brown, both in management with Sunderland and Southend United respectively, feature heavily in the consortium’s plan and that the job of manager Lennon could come under scrutiny.

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry- commented on this elsewhere, but it's worth reiterating that several previous bids were in fact serious and it's the club that decided to reject them - ostensibly with the club's future in mind. Previously I'd thought that we weren't an attractive proposition and the investors had pulled out. Of course it could be hype though.

Plus Gartside and Lennon may be shoved out.

If this comes off it will be a massive change. We might still be skint but we should be solvent.

Go Deano!

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I hope after the clear out that Lennon is given a chance with some cash to spend.  Big Sam will have a job until Sunderland go down. Phil Brown was ok but that would not be a step forward in my view.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This takeover isn't happening

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What makes you say that Boggers?

Boggersbelief wrote:This takeover isn't happening

I will cling to any hope at the moment, even a Dean Holdsworth lead consortium. That's how depressed I am about Bolton.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:What makes you say that Boggers?

Nixon

Boggersbelief wrote:
karlypants wrote:What makes you say that Boggers?

Nixon

The same Nixon who spat his dummy out and poo poo'd the whole thing when it initially broke just because he was outside the loop and was exposed as not being as ITK regarding Bolton as he's always pretended to be?

That one.....?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The same Nixon that always seem to be correct with news regarding Bolton wanderers

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As 74 says, I think we are all clinging on to this one as it has to be better than being in this current shit we are in.

I hope you are wrong Boggers.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:The same Nixon that always seem to be correct with news regarding Bolton wanderers
By and large yes.
However Nixon hasn't tweeted anything so how do you know? Are you AN? You work with him? Did he mutter it in his sleep?

These are important questions as I want to believe he is wrong on this occasion.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:I hope after the clear out that Lennon is given a chance with some cash to spend. 

I hope after any clear out Lennon is working full time for the BBC.

Shit manager. We need someone with knowledge of the football league.

wanderlust wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:The same Nixon that always seem to be correct with news regarding Bolton wanderers
By and large yes.
However Nixon hasn't tweeted anything so how do you know? Are you AN? You work with him? Did he mutter it in his sleep?

These are important questions as I want to believe he is wrong on this occasion.

He has actually.

He's been a bit dismissive about it all on Twitter.

Which smacks of Tweet-envy to me.

(Have I just invented something there?)

According to Nixon they aren't even talking to anyone.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was it all a dream?

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

It was all a dream. I used to read Word Up! magazine...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Amir Khan and Dean Holdsworth are Sports Shield?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum