Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dean Moxey eyes a return against Cardiff City

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dean Moxey could come back into the equation for Wanderers for the first time in two months as Neil Lennon looks for a timely filip against Cardiff City.

The attacking full-back came through 90 minutes against Barnsley for the development squad on Tuesday night and is contention to make his first appearance since October 3.

Moxey had been one of Wanderers’ most consistent performers in the opening couple of months of the campaign until a fractured toe sustained in the defeat at MK Dons in August forced him to play with painkilling injections.

“The gaffer said I was playing well at the time,” he said. “I had eight games with a painkilling injection in my foot just to play, but that took its toll and unfortunately made the injury worse.

“I just needed to take a step back and get the toe and foot right. Fingers crossed I can get back to the level I was playing before.

“I’m not sure if I’ll be involved against Cardiff. That’s down to the manager. It might be too soon for me but I’ll see what he says. I hope I’d be ready to come back but it’s too early to say.”

Lennon is hoping there may be some good news on the injury front in the next fortnight as Zach Clough and Wellington Silva work towards a first-team return.

Emile Heskey could also make the bench after sitting out the 1-1 draw with Brentford, tempering the disappointment of losing Max Clayton longer-term.

“We’re looking to mid-December for Wellington and Zach,” he said. “Both players are out on the grass now doing a lot of physical work. They are not far away.

“Having those two back will be a huge boost.

“Dean Moxey came back the other night and played well, Emile Heskey did 75 minutes, so he’s in the frame. Despite all the bad news we’ve actually got some good stuff coming through too.

“Little things get exaggerated a little more when a club goes through this. It seems like doom and gloom but it’s not as bad as that.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum