Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amazon

+2
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Amazon Empty Amazon Fri Dec 04 2015, 14:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Since when did they become so shit?

I ordered a new double mattress last Sunday, one of them memory foam ones (no where near the price of Tempur) as the springs have started poking through on my current one as it's knackered.

It was delivered only to find out after pulling the outer packaging off (it's a vacuum packed rolled one) they sent a single size.

Just got on to Amazon for replacement as it is their fault that they sent the wrong size only to be told that they will only compensate on P&P up to £4.75, well after seeing the size of it you might as well treble that amount to send it back.

If Amazon treated their staff a bit better and not making them pick 100 items a minute then these cock-ups wouldn't happened.

It looks like I will not be shopping with them again anytime soon.

2Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Fri Dec 04 2015, 14:45

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Since when did they become so shit?

I ordered a new double mattress last Sunday, one of them memory foam ones (no where near the price of Tempur) as the springs have started poking through on my current one as it's knackered.

It was delivered only to find out after pulling the outer packaging off (it's a vacuum packed rolled one) they sent a single size.

Just got on to Amazon for replacement as it is their fault that they sent the wrong size only to be told that they will only compensate on P&P up to £4.75, well after seeing the size of it you might as well treble that amount to send it back.

If Amazon treated their staff a bit better and not making them pick 100 items a minute then these cock-ups wouldn't happened.

Get on LinkedIn, find a big nob in customer relations and message them. Call the bastards relentlessly until you get them to pick it up for free.

Don't tolerate shit like that. I'd be happy to give up my day to get what I want.

3Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Fri Dec 04 2015, 14:49

If you can, cancel it, get your money back and buy one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-3FTSINGLE-4FT6-DOUBLE-5FT-KING-MEMORY-FOAM-MATTRESS-10-/371021872945?var=&hash=item5662a07f31:m:m2HOnaqwrJmUy9zVrx7SmDA

We paid £75 for one earlier this year (they've gone up a tenner since) and it's honestly far comfier than the one we paid 500 quid for which it replaced.

And it's still as good as the day it arrived after nine months of use.

Seriously - best mattress I've ever slept on.

4Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Fri Dec 04 2015, 14:51

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

5Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Fri Dec 04 2015, 15:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:If you can, cancel it, get your money back and buy one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-3FTSINGLE-4FT6-DOUBLE-5FT-KING-MEMORY-FOAM-MATTRESS-10-/371021872945?var=&hash=item5662a07f31:m:m2HOnaqwrJmUy9zVrx7SmDA

We paid £75 for one earlier this year (they've gone up a tenner since) and it's honestly far comfier than the one we paid 500 quid for which it replaced.

And it's still as good as the day it arrived after nine months of use.

Seriously - best mattress I've ever slept on.
Thanks for your recommendation Dave, I will need to buy another one soon anyway so have saved that in my watch list for later and will look to buy one of these.

The reason I didn't want to go for a cheap one initially was that I felt that it's going to be crap for the money as buying a mattress seems to be a bit of a minefield.

There seems to be a lot that are sub £100 that are getting good reviews now.

6Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Fri Dec 04 2015, 15:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
karlypants wrote:Since when did they become so shit?

Get on LinkedIn, find a big nob in customer relations and message them. Call the bastards relentlessly until you get them to pick it up for free.

Don't tolerate shit like that. I'd be happy to give up my day to get what I want.
Cheers mate, it really winds me up with their sheer cheek to do this to their customers and really fucks me off.

I tweeted them about half an hour ago with my disgust at it and they have sent me a link to fill a form out so they will collect it. Smile

7Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Fri Dec 04 2015, 15:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you want more call 963638738337338383838. Calls will be charged at £5.50 per minute.
Ever fancied one?

8Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Fri Dec 04 2015, 15:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:If you want more call 963638738337338383838. Calls will be charged at £5.50 per minute.
Ever fancied one?
Knowing my luck, I would end up popping it. Very Happy

9Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Fri Dec 04 2015, 15:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Make sure you get a good 'un KP. Most folk spend the best part of a third of their lives in bed - more if you're on a promise Smile

10Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Fri Dec 04 2015, 15:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:If you want more call 963638738337338383838. Calls will be charged at £5.50 per minute.
Ever fancied one?
And knowing my luck,I'd drown. Neutral

11Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Fri Dec 04 2015, 15:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Ever fancied one?
And knowing my luck,I'd drown. Neutral
You don't do any cycling in the bedroom do you? Very Happy

12Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Fri Dec 04 2015, 15:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not while I'm awake.

13Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Fri Dec 04 2015, 16:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been on Amazon chat for the last 30 mins and talking to the lovely Aditya who hasn't even asked me the weather here in Bolton yet to my surprise and now I need a wee!

I wish she would hurry up with her translating!

14Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Fri Dec 04 2015, 16:22

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:I've been on Amazon chat for the last 30 mins and talking to the lovely Aditya who hasn't even asked me the weather here in Bolton yet to my surprise and now I need a wee!

I wish she would hurry up with her translating!

Don't let her hang up until you have exactly what you want. Make her put you through to someone more senior if she doesn't have the authority to sort it. She may sound lovely but remember she works for Amazon and is pure evil.

15Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Fri Dec 04 2015, 16:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evil? I wish more companies were like Amazon.

16Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Fri Dec 04 2015, 21:57

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My experiences have always been good.  I bought FIFA 16 for my kids (2 copies) for what was a bargain at about £23.50.  The next day (which was Black Friday) they had reduced them to £20.  Thought I'd maybe see if they would give a refund on the difference and they agreed!  If you don't ask you don't get.

17Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Fri Dec 04 2015, 21:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I must say I've always found amazon great to deal with.
Have a few concerns about how they treat their workforce though.

18Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Mon Dec 07 2015, 16:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have purchased many things in the past with Amazon and always been extremely helpful when returning an item for whatever reason and their online chat facility has been good as well but it gets worse...

Chose for collection of the wrong mattress delivered last Fri for today which the lady from India said that it would be collected anytime between 9am and 5pm by DPD (who by far are a fantastic courier BTW!), only for Amazon to email me at 1pm today (half way through the day of collection) letting me know they are collecting it from a different house number in the street so it looks as though she has taken the house number down wrong.

Been back on chat with a different person who was by far much better and took around 8mins to sort out and now they are coming tomorrow.

Wednesday the replacement is arriving.

So the ongoing saga continues. Evil or Very Mad

19Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Mon Dec 07 2015, 17:55

So youve got to wait until wednesday to christen it. Smile

20Amazon Empty Re: Amazon Mon Dec 07 2015, 17:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:So youve got to wait until wednesday to christen it. Smile
Didn't know KP was a bed wetter. Very Happy

Sponsored content