Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fans take important step towards creation of a Supporters' Trust at Bolton

+16
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
karlypants
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
Kane57
bwfcst
Bwfc1958
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
Norpig
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
NickFazer
gloswhite
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
He's a skinny, nerdy gimp.

Like he gets excited about video games.

You've just described 99% of the users on this site.

True.

Sluffy wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Question Sluffy, if whoever is behind the Whittam account was driving this instead of Manning would you still be against it?

As far as I can tell the Natasha account is posted in fun.  Yes it does and as caused problems in the past when people have taken it seriously.

I think it is doubtful if many of Natasha's views are held by the person personally but posted up simply for a reaction.

Chris Manning however posts his views openly on twitter and LoV and has been openly abusive on multiple occasions to others.

Ironically it was not Chris Manning I had in mind when I was referring to my fears of untrustworthiness and hidden agendas of some of the 'anonymous 8'.

Manning is clearly intelligent, is humorous (or at least I have found him to be so many times previously) and having heard him speak (if only in podcasts) I find that he presents himself very well with even with a touch of Charisma.  

I personally think he carries too much baggage from his past behaviour to be a rallying and unifying point for the many, many of the people who he has insulted in the past but for what it is worth he would be the only one of the '8' I would actually vote for as the other '7' I either know little if anything about or would not trust them as far as I could throw them.

Does that answer your question?

Cheers Sluff.

I don't know the history, so obviously our points of reference on this are miles apart. But personally I wouldn't judge anybody purely off how they behave on the internet, in my experience there can be a big difference.

FYI if Whittam was behind it I'd still be up for it, got to hear what these people have to say before condemning - that's not aimed at you in particular Sluff!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
He's a skinny, nerdy gimp.

Like he gets excited about video games.

You've just described 99% of the users on this site.

True.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The following was posted up by Big E on WW -

Right then folks.......I have been asked to post the following for you all to have a look at.

Few things to help reassure people about the trust
LoV are not in charge or running things. A few of their members have been involved with helping with websites and online etc… but there are only a handful of people who are doing the day to day stuff. Everyone who got involved did so by being brought together by Supporters Direct from people who had contacted them about setting up a trust.
We’ve not wanted to keep who is involved secretive, rather we didn’t want to go shouting about who is involved because we’d be accused of wanting to boost our egos or doing it for the wrong reasons etc… Can see how some would see it as being secretive, but honestly that has not been the intention.
Who will be in charge going forward will be up to who puts their hand up to offer to help. If the trust is agreed to be set up on Wednesday then we will need people to volunteer to help set it up and constitute it. Supporters Direct will help but we will need people to come forward.
Want to reassure people that this isn’t a distraction for the club or the supporters. We are working with the club and they are being kept informed of all developments
What is the aim of the trust? That will be up to the membership to decide. It will be whatever people want it to be… but we need people to get involved to help shape it.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:Another question Sluffy.

AZREAL has been a prolific poster on a number of fansites in the past.

Since the takeover talks have started he has disappeared, do you know if he is part of the Supporters Trust magnificent 8?

I am not Azreal's greatest fan and strongly doubt if he has ever actually kicked a ball in a real match as he seems to pontificate about everything football wise, without having even the slightest basic feel for the game.  

Anyway my opinion of him aside, the last I heard about him was that he was planning to emigrate to Canada, so on that basis I would not think he is part of the ST.

Thanks for replying.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Since the takeover talks have started he has disappeared, do you know if he is part of the Supporters Trust magnificent 8?

I am not Azreal's greatest fan and strongly doubt if he has ever actually kicked a ball in a real match as he seems to pontificate about everything football wise, without having even the slightest basic feel for the game.  

Anyway my opinion of him aside, the last I heard about him was that he was planning to emigrate to Canada, so on that basis I would not think he is part of the ST.

Thanks for replying.

Happy to help you mate.

I assume you are a visitor to Burnden Aces and/or the Mavies forum then, as that is where Azreal usually told everyone what to think.

Hope you kind of get a liking for it here on Nuts as well as new regular posters are always most welcome.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Going off track a bit, I find it quite weird that there is a Chris Mann and Chris Manning!

It must be the same person, like all the people called Dave on here.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Thanks for replying.

Happy to help you mate.

I assume you are a visitor to Burnden Aces and/or the Mavies forum then, as that is where Azreal usually told everyone what to think.

Hope you kind of get a liking for it here on Nuts as well as new regular posters are always most welcome.

Yes correct, many thanks.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Without some serious cash, I don't understand what the ST expect to influence .

Surely they are just going to be a toothless talking shop, or am I just being negative?

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:Not all of us are as well informed as some on here.

Can someone tell me who Chris Manning is and what is his track record with BOLTON?

Chris Manning is the franchise owner for the Lion of Vienna site.

He is outspoken to say the least.

He posted on several BWFC forums over the years under different aliases, most notably that of 'Batman'.

He has been banned from many forums too due to his behaviour.

He is a prolific tweeter - over 95,000 tweets the last time I bothered to look.

He has been blocked by many other tweeters in that time.

He has no track record with the club as far as I'm aware.

Hope this helps.

I don't own the LOV website.

I am banned from the-wanderer, but post on Burnden Aces, here and Wanderers Ways, infrequently though I admit.

What other forums have I been banned from? I use f365 and am unaware of any bans.

I like twitter. I have blocked people and been blocked by Richard Keys.

Season ticket holder of over 20 years, and I bought a Mark Fish hat for £12.

I'm also open, approachable and wanting to help the club. I'd like to think you are too.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I personally am all for the Supporters trust. The only way to help shape the trust is to actually be a part of it and let your voice be heard. Lets not slag all the fans who are trying to make a difference. Who knows this could be the best thing that could happen to our club.

I won't be able to attend but will be looking forward to reading the reports and see what the plans are.

Is anyone from here actually going to attend?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:Without some serious cash, I don't understand what the ST expect to influence .

Surely they are just going to be a toothless talking shop, or am I just being negative?

My guess is that the ST is being set up as a potential body that the club could be sold to.

Obviously the ST has no money so the thinking I believe is that they will get the funding from contributions of rich locals who want the club to survive.

I can't see how anyone can fund a loss of around £1 million per month under the current business model the club has, so it can only become a viable body to transfer the club to, to bring it out of administration.

If that happened I very much doubt that most, if anyone at all, voted in as the ST board would have the required skills to run a business as large as BWFC and so would have to appoint a chairman and financial manager to run it on their behalf.

It would be interesting to note if the elected members of the ST vote themselves a salary!

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:Without some serious cash, I don't understand what the ST expect to influence .

My guess is that the ST is being set up as a potential body that the club could be sold to.

Obviously the ST has no money so the thinking I believe is that they will get the funding from contributions of rich locals who want the club to survive.

I can't see how anyone can fund a loss of around £1 million per month under the current business model the club has, so it can only become a viable body to transfer the club to, to bring it out of administration.

If that happened I very much doubt that most, if anyone at all, voted in as the ST board would have the required skills to run a business as large as BWFC and so would have to appoint a chairman and financial manager to run it on their behalf.

It would be interesting to note if the elected members of the ST vote themselves a salary!

Wrong.

It's not about a takeover it's about providing a voice for fans, and in whatever form the club takes in the future it's also about ensuring that we are listened to and not treated like mugs, as we have in the past.

At other clubs this means a seat on the board, or it could maybe one day mean owning the club - but that isn't the purpose at this time.

As for a salary, again you're wrong.

There's a really detailed FAQ at www.bwfcst.co.uk - probably a good idea for you to have a read of it Sluffy it'll help iron out some of the areas that you're talking about.

Otherwise I can help with any questions you may have.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this still going to be streamed over the internet?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:Not all of us are as well informed as some on here.

Can someone tell me who Chris Manning is and what is his track record with BOLTON?

Chris Manning is the franchise owner for the Lion of Vienna site.

He is outspoken to say the least.

He posted on several BWFC forums over the years under different aliases, most notably that of 'Batman'.

He has been banned from many forums too due to his behaviour.

He is a prolific tweeter - over 95,000 tweets the last time I bothered to look.

He has been blocked by many other tweeters in that time.

He has no track record with the club as far as I'm aware.

Hope this helps.

I don't own the LOV website.

I am banned from the-wanderer, but post on Burnden Aces, here and Wanderers Ways, infrequently though I admit.

What other forums have I been banned from? I use f365 and am unaware of any bans.

I like twitter. I have blocked people and been blocked by Richard Keys.

Season ticket holder of over 20 years, and I bought a Mark Fish hat for £12.

I'm also open, approachable and wanting to help the club. I'd like to think you are too.

I like to think I am also.

I believe you are banned from the Mavis forum, at least that is what I've read the owner of the site say in the past.

I don't think I actually said you 'owned' the Lov website but that you were the 'franchisee' for that particular element of the web 'family'.

Fair play to you for putting all that effort into it though and you deserve what income you get from the clicks it generates.

I don't own a Mark Fish (or any other players) hat.

Best of luck tomorrow if you intend to stand for a position on the ST.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'm not the franchisee of anything, sadly.

I'm not banned from that forum, in fact the owner of it and myself are in regular communication.

I don't earn anything from LOV - I just love Bolton Wanderers and writing about them.

I won't be standing for any positions in the trust.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Is this still going to be streamed over the internet?

No unfortunately that fell through today

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Wrong.

It's not about a takeover it's about providing a voice for fans, and in whatever form the club takes in the future it's also about ensuring that we are listened to and not treated like mugs, as we have in the past.

At other clubs this means a seat on the board, or it could maybe one day mean owning the club - but that isn't the purpose at this time.

As for a salary, again you're wrong.

There's a really detailed FAQ at www.bwfcst.co.uk - probably a good idea for you to have a read of it Sluffy it'll help iron out some of the areas that you're talking about. but

Otherwise I can help with any questions you may have.

I don't believe I said the trust was being set up for a takeover per se.

I do think however that a ST would be a very useful vessel for the club to be moved to as a last resort if no one actually does complete a takeover.

It is my view that this is the way things are heading.

If this were to happen it would not seem unreasonable to me for the ST board to be recompensed for their time and efforts.

The new ST board obviously could not award themselves a salary at any time in the near future not least because they yet have no revenue stream to pay them from!

The bwst FAQ's are no doubt appropriate to establish an initial ST but I very much doubt it excludes them from democratically amending their terms of reference as at any point in the future.

What is the Mavis forum?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum