Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Defining night for Wanderers as fans get their chance to vote on Supporters' Trust

+9
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Cajunboy
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

January 6, 2016 may end up being a definitive date in the recent history of Bolton Wanderers Football Club.

Tonight we will find out whether a Supporters’ Trust gets the thumbs up from a packed out Premier Suite at the Macron Stadium.

The next step? Well that could be where it gets exciting.

Though the idea of a trust at Wanderers has been bandied about for some time the current financial crisis has galvanised all fragmented fans’ groups and led to some remarkably swift progress in its current incarnation.

Less than a month ago a Supporters’ Trust was the stuff of online conversation. As things stand now, more than 450 fans will be admitted into tonight’s meeting at 7pm with thousands of others set to follow The Bolton News’ live blog, waiting to learn how a trust can help the club’s plight.

A degree of scepticism remains among some, particularly those who query what form the trust will take, and the motives of those involved in its creation.

Those questions and more will be answered by the steering group that has organised the meeting, along with representatives of Supporters’ Direct, the organisation that has helped set up more than 180 similar types of operations up and down the country since 2000.

It can be reasonably assumed, however, by the presence of the Portsmouth Supporters’ Trust that the BWFCST has loftier ambitions than simply being a pressure group.

Iain McInnes and Mike Dye, two of the people who were instrumental in helping fans assume a majority shareholding in the League Two club in April 2013, will be giving advice on how they achieved their goal.

The steering group for the BWFCST have also examined other models, including some of the less successful examples, and advice has also been sought from Stockport County whose trust experienced problems after taking on a 98 per cent stake in their club in 2005, with administration following four years later.

Should a mandate to proceed be given tonight the steering group will be asking fans to volunteer their time and specific skills to the trust, which will then be assembled with the help of Supporters’ Direct.

The meeting – which will be specifically geared towards the trust and not about general club affairs – was moved yesterday to the Premier Suite to accommodate the extra demand for tickets. A maximum 450 seats were available in the previous venue of the Platinum Suite, but the number of confirmed tickets had exceeded that number by 1pm yesterday.

Source

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

@bwfcst: We have now organised a limited live stream of tonights meeting, will need to get Periscope App & follow us on Twitter Pls RT #BWFC #bwfcst

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:@bwfcst: We have now organised a limited live stream of tonights meeting, will need to get Periscope App & follow us on Twitter Pls RT #BWFC #bwfcst

I ask again (see posts 52, 54, 57 and 59 of the Bolton Crisis thread) is it possible please for yourself and / or Karly to somehow stream this via Bolton Nuts player as a video?

If it is I'm sure many Bolton fans across all the forums not only just us 'Nutters' would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes , we sure would.

The Periscope Pro App necessary for Apple products is £14.99.

There is a free version, but it's rubbish.

Fifteen quid?

Sod that.

Mrs B's (honestly) at The Macron tonight for a business meeting thingy with VW in the LOV Suite so I'll just give her a glass to hold up to the wall and tell her to listen in.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Periscope is free

Yes, but he said it's rubbish.

Is he lying to us?

Not a very good way to engender trust in the ST if he is.......

Sluffy wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:@bwfcst: We have now organised a limited live stream of tonights meeting, will need to get Periscope App & follow us on Twitter Pls RT #BWFC #bwfcst

I ask again (see posts 52, 54, 57 and 59 of the Bolton Crisis thread) is it possible please for yourself and / or Karly to somehow stream this via Bolton Nuts player as a video?

If it is I'm sure many Bolton fans across all the forums not only just us 'Nutters' would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Would need access to wifi with pretty decent bandwidth to do that I'd imagine, if there are that many people there the 4G signal won't be that great. Would also involve KP/BTID holding up their phone throughout, which could be misconceived as a Nazi salute.

Is anybody on here actually going?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Is anybody on here actually going?
 don't say anything or else Nat will accuse us of being shit armchair fans again

Last edited by Norpig on Wed Jan 06 2016, 16:47; edited 1 time in total

Soul Kitchen must be going, he's BWFC's number 1 fan.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Is anybody on here actually going?
I'm not, I will be doing your trick Dave (minus the fuck up) with the removal of a towel radiator. Very Happy

Get plenty of towels ready.

And a mop......

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Get plenty of towels ready.

And a mop......
Laughing

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm putting the Christmas tree and decorations in the loft. Shocked

boltonbonce wrote:I'm putting the Christmas tree and decorations in the loft. Shocked

Shit!

Good job you just posted that because I'd completely forgotten about taking them down today!

Nice on, Bounce!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I'm putting the Christmas tree and decorations in the loft. Shocked
Mind how you go Mr. Calamity! :biggrin:

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'll be trying the FREE Periscope and hoping it works .

Not paying £14.99 to watch  Amir Khan jumping out of a big cake.

Is it the periscope app developed by twitter?

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum