Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Rules To Identify Web Trolls

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Rules To Identify Web Trolls  Empty New Rules To Identify Web Trolls Tue Jun 12 2012, 10:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Websites will soon to be forced to identify people who have posted defamatory messages online.

New government proposals say victims have a right to know who is behind malicious messages without the need for costly legal battles.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

If I want to call Hipster or Largehat a bellend shouldn't that be my right?

Has anyone on here ever been a victim of internet bullying? Will the proposed new laws make you feel safer?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I will probably feel a lot safer.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Websites will soon to be forced to identify people who have posted defamatory messages online.

New government proposals say victims have a right to know who is behind malicious messages without the need for costly legal battles.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

If I want to call Hipster or Largehat a bellend shouldn't that be my right?

Has anyone on here ever been a victim of internet bullying? Will the proposed new laws make you feel safer?

You will never be safe, you old Trout.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where does all this bureaucracy and legal bullshit end ? Before we know it there will be a new cottage industry of firms springing up on TV with their adverts, ' Have you been the victim of an Internet Troll ? Call ' Money for old rope.' now and we will handle your claim immediately.

If you can't take abuse then stay off the internet, especially Twatter and Facepuke.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:Where does all this bureaucracy and legal bullshit end ? Before we know it there will be a new cottage industry of firms springing up on TV with their adverts, ' Have you been the victim of an Internet Troll ? Call ' Money for old rope.' now and we will handle your claim immediately.

If you can't take abuse then stay off the internet, especially Twatter and Facepuke.

Oy Fish face, spot on.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't think the new rules are aimed at bored people who while away their lives taking the piss out of each other on football forums, or wind each other up with fictitious stories coming out of the club and such like.

They're aimed at the sickos who bombard the vulnerable with abuse, make death threats or impersonate people dying of cancer to garner sympathy.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I don't think the new rules are aimed at bored people who while away their lives taking the piss out of each other on football forums, or wind each other up with fictitious stories coming out of the club and such like.

They're aimed at the sickos who bombard the vulnerable with abuse, make death threats or impersonate people dying of cancer to garner sympathy.

By all means tackle the type of people you have mentioned but once it becomes law it will open the floodgates for all sorts of litigation for some perceived slight. The lawyers will have a field day taking on spurious cases just to line their pockets.

Surely the police have the powers to deal with the kind of people that Largehat mentions ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum