Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should we really sell Clough?

+10
doffcocker
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
FullofSprite
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Sun Jan 10 2016, 22:25

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sordell scored and set one up yesterday for Colchester.

Juke is still injured but he's done commentary on matches and has been on a Burnley panel show. A real genuine well spoken nice chap is that one.

42Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Sun Jan 10 2016, 22:28

Colchester. Knew it began with a c.

It was against charlton too wasnt it?

43Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Sun Jan 10 2016, 22:32

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:Colchester.  Knew it began with a c.

It was against charlton too wasnt it?

No it was against a Chorlton and the Wheelies XI.

Zoomer was absolutely awful for them.

44Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Sun Jan 10 2016, 22:37

Copper Dragon wrote:Sordell scored and set one up yesterday for Colchester.

Juke is still injured but he's done commentary on matches and has been on a Burnley panel show. A real genuine well spoken nice chap is that one.
Is the panel show called Keep it in the Family?

45Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Sun Jan 10 2016, 22:39

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Barb Dwyer wrote:Is the panel show called Keep it in the Family?

No it's named Turf more.

A brilliant play on words, do you get it?

46Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Sun Jan 10 2016, 22:42

I think I get it.

Is it available to watch on Netflix?

47Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Mon Jan 11 2016, 00:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:lusty I agree with your basic premise that we have to take the money but there is a flaw in it. If Clough doesn't want to move we would still have to pay up his existing contract in order to complete the deal. 
I agree but Clough's attitude wasn't the question.

48Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Mon Jan 11 2016, 00:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Did you work that out yourself, Lusty (very impressed if you did) or did you just type the name into an anagram generator and shout "Fuckin' 'ell! I've struck gold!" when it came up with that?

My work but feel free to use it wherever you wish - @whatashitman will probably appreciate it. Smile

49Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Mon Jan 11 2016, 01:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CAMPO wrote:Selling Clough is fucking madness

No body on here knows how he may turn out
We've had him for over ten years, invested all that time and effort in getting him this far

A few weeks ago he was supposed to being watched by a number of Prem clubs, why would you accept the first offer from a team two places above us in the Championship, every club now knows the asking price! 
To put Clough in this position is a betrayal of the trust he and his family had in BWFC
We must have 30 players who should go before Clough
But nobody wants to buy the other 30 players. They want to buy Clough. And we need the money or else the club dies. And if we go into admin he's the first player that will be sold anyway. 
Feel the same way Campo but there is no choice unless Clough refuses to go.

50Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Mon Jan 11 2016, 01:06

I honestly can't believe that I haven't seen it myself before today.

I'm kicking myself as we speak / type.

Cheers for your altruistic decision to release it to the masses for general usage.

As Chubby Checker once said: Come on everybody!

What a shit man.......

51Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Mon Jan 11 2016, 11:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:As Chubby Checker once said: Come on everybody!
Did he say it to Eddie Cochran? Cos that might have given him the idea for the rock n roll classic he wrote. Smile

52Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Mon Jan 11 2016, 11:53

Let's Twist Again, smartarse. Very Happy

53Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Mon Jan 11 2016, 13:12

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I think Clough will develop into a really good Championship player. Nothing more sadly for the simple reason that it only takes some brick shithouse of a centre half to bully him out of the game completely.

They thought the same about Lionel Messi. Now  clough will never be that good but there's no reason he can't become a good prem player providing he adds some more muscle mass

3 million for a lad who has played about 16 first team games..... Sold......not to mention I think he may have been a flash in the pan.
Let's just accept now that will just reboot again in league one with mostly all new players....hopefully.

54Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Mon Jan 11 2016, 13:12

Steve Cotterill has said the bid we have accepted for Clough is 2 million not 3.

55Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Mon Jan 11 2016, 13:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sounds about right for us doesn't it? Maybe its £2million upfront with add-ons? I still think he won't go to Bristol

56Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Mon Jan 11 2016, 13:18

it'll be £20 and a bag of minstrels by the end of the week

57Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Mon Jan 11 2016, 13:21

£2 million rising to 3 with add ons etc I've heard.

58Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Mon Jan 11 2016, 13:23

bwfc1874 wrote:£20 rising to 3 bags of minstrels with add ons etc I've heard.
Smile

59Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Mon Jan 11 2016, 13:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:£2 million rising to 3 with add ons etc I've heard.

you heard it from me two posts above  Very Happy

60Should we really sell Clough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we really sell Clough? Mon Jan 11 2016, 13:47

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum