Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If the football club you owned was.......

+3
Bwfc1958
karlypants
Norpig
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

....facing a hearing in the courts in a week's time to wind it up because you hadn't paid your tax bill and you had your people desperately trying to negotiate a deal to sell it and avoid the possibility of Administration, would you be sitting on a beach in Barbados?

Because that's where Saint Edwin of Davies currently is.

Would you not be a bit concerned that it may look like you're hiding?

Last edited by Breadman on Mon Jan 11 2016, 14:25; edited 1 time in total

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he's had his head in the sand for years so a few more weeks won't make a difference

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It just shows how much he really gives a fuck.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

If he has gone into hiding he's not doing a very good job. Everyone knows where he is.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's employed Birch to sort the mess out.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've said before that I'm far from certain Eddie really controls the club anyway. I find it hard to fathom how a man worth a peak of 95million pounds could lend almost double that amount to one enterprise while continuing to invest in other companies and areas to begin with. 

I'm also shocked (and frankly worried) by the quashing of Disley's conviction. Having read the evidence that was presented against him and his confederates I've never seen a clearer cut fraud in my life. The fact this man is now technically 'clean' and could therefore pass the 'fit and proper person' test alarms me. He's an asset stripper plain and simple and if he or a consortium involving him gets the club I doubt they'll be there long or they'll be anything of value left when they go. 

If we go into admin I fully expect Disley to pounce, money will magically appear to buy us for a knock down price and avoid most of the current debt and it won't be long before we see this 'del-boy' and his mates pocketing a profit and leaving an empty shell behind.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a free man to do as he wishes I'm afraid, I know his business means a hell of a lot more to us but it is what it is... a business. 

I've nothing to say about Davies and Gartside, I wish them well. I hope the new owner(s) are not criminal wannabe types and someone who actually has money to invest and a clear vision for league one.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reminds me of a song this...

I don't wanna be director all my life 
I've seen too much of Bolton town, in the night 
Fly away on Coconut Airways 
Climbing high, Barbados sky 

I look up at the sky and I see the clouds 
I look down at the ground and I see the club go down the drain 
Fly away on Coconut Airways