Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forest Green Rovers the first Vegan football club

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I was reading about this club while having my morning pot of tea and apple. They were formed in 1889 and ...

Forest Green have been trailblazers in bringing environmentalism into English football under majority shareholder and owner Dale Vince.
In 2011, the club banned their players eating red meat for health reasons and four years later they went even further and began serving plant-based food to both players and match-going fans.
They also had an organic pitch installed at The New Lawn, their home ground.

Well done them.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bob will be along shortly to fill you in on their owner and Chairman, he's a massive fan of his.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:I was reading about this club while having my morning pot of tea and apple. They were formed in 1889 and ...

Forest Green have been trailblazers in bringing environmentalism into English football under majority shareholder and owner Dale Vince.
In 2011, the club banned their players eating red meat for health reasons and four years later they went even further and began serving plant-based food to both players and match-going fans.
They also had an organic pitch installed at The New Lawn, their home ground.

Well done them.
Don't get Bob started. :facepalm:

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Might have reopened a can of worms here Sunlight!

Anyway I saw this a day or so ago but didn't post it as I thought it might lead back to the issue with Vince again and thought we might as well cross that bridge at the weekend when we play FGR but since Pandora's box as already been opened I'd post it now.

Hector Bellerin: Arsenal defender invests in Forest Green Rovers

Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin has become the second largest shareholder in League Two Forest Green Rovers.
The Gloucestershire-based club have been recognised by Fifa and the United Nations as the world's most environmentally friendly team.
It went fully vegan in 2015 and became the world's first carbon-neutral sports club in 2017.
Bellerin, who wants to support the club's green agenda, said: "Forest Green are showing others the way."
The Spain international added: "So many people feel there's no solution to the world's problems, but Forest Green are already doing plenty.
"I'm so excited to be part of the FGR family. I'll be helping where I can, supporting people who want to change the world for the better."
The 25-year-old is known for being a socially conscious footballer and recently raised money to plant 60,000 trees in the Amazon rainforest.
His new role with FGR will see him work with chairman Dale Vince and the club on raising the environmental agenda in football - among clubs, leagues and fans.
Bellerin's shareholding is not above a threshold where it would be deemed a conflict of interest.
He added: "When I first played Forest Green Rovers [in a pre-season friendly in 2014], all I knew about them was that it was a long way from London!
"As I heard more about the club and its work, I knew I wanted to meet them and be part of it."
Vince, who has installed an organic pitch and has consulted with Premier League teams about also going green, said: "I like Hector's approach, his personal journey and the things he's trying to do - they make sense.
"I'm looking forward to working with him on FGR and this wider agenda we have a shared interest in."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:Ten Bob will be along shortly to fill you in on their owner and Chairman, he's a massive fan of his.

I read the " Ten Bob will be along shortly to fill you in " and there was a brain pause Very Happy
People sometimes take umbrage at Veggies Very Happy

Got to give the club a lot of credit for this, fantastic work.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:

I read the " Ten Bob will be along shortly to fill you in " and there was a brain pause Very Happy
People sometimes take umbrage at Veggies Very Happy
 Ten Bob's not a fighter as far as i know unless Vince was in his way  Very Happy

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Before I became a Vegetarian, way back, my ex Girlfriend told me that she was a Vegan. " You know what a Vegan is dont you? " she said. " Yes " I replied " I never miss an episode of Star Trek ".

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

sunlight wrote:Before I became a Vegetarian, way back, my ex Girlfriend told me that she was a Vegan. " You know what a Vegan is dont you? " she said. " Yes " I replied " I never miss an episode of Star Trek ".
Good one! I've always had a soft spot for FGR, just thought the name made sense. In my FIFA playing days, I used to make a League 2 superclub using FGR as a base, then add the best available free agents and work my way up the league. I'd make quite a bit of money on player sales and it made it easier to play the game. I suppose I'd been practicing moneyball all this time!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum