Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forest Green Rovers names first female boss of a men's professional football side

+2
Whitesince63
Sluffy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Forest Green Rovers have named Hannah Dingley as their new caretaker boss, making her the first woman to manage a professional men's team in English football.

The League Two side sacked Duncan Ferguson on Tuesday after just six months in charge.

Forest Green announced Dingley, the club's academy head, would be put in caretaker charge of the first team.

"Hannah was the natural choice for us to be first team interim head coach - she's done a fantastic job leading our academy and is well aligned with the values of the club," club chairman Dale Vince said

Full article here -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66105649

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well all good luck to her but I think she’ll struggle with this gig. Looking after the academy is hardly like running an EFL club and with zero experience I think she’s going to have a massive task on her hands. Of course there’s absolutely no reason why a woman shouldn’t manage a club but being the first at anything always adds an extra layer of pressure and she’ll certainly be under the microscope in her first season. As I say, good luck to her, we’ll done for taking it on and I hope she does well.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whitesince63 wrote:Well all good luck to her but I think she’ll struggle with this gig. Looking after the academy is hardly like running an EFL club and with zero experience I think she’s going to have a massive task on her hands. Of course there’s absolutely no reason why a woman shouldn’t manage a club but being the first at anything always adds an extra layer of pressure and she’ll certainly be under the microscope in her first season. As I say, good luck to her, we’ll done for taking it on and I hope she does well.
Nowt against her but I hope she takes them where they and Vince belong. Somewhere that the wind blows and the sun doesn't shine preferably.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It will be a tough job and she will be under the microscope for sure. It's only interim and i think Bob's best mate might be doing this for the publicity and so he can say he was the first to hire a woman to a mens professional team.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems it was all just a gimmick - she never even got to manage a single league or cup game!

David Horseman: Forest Green Rovers name Southampton B team boss as new head coach

Forest Green Rovers have named Southampton's B team boss David Horseman as their new head coach.

He takes over from Hannah Dingley, the first woman to manage a professional men's team in England, who has been in interim charge since 5 July.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66228363

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was just for the publicity, he had no intention of giving it to her full time.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never thought she would get the full time job. She was a caretaker. Lot of fuss about nothing.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Didn't last long, did she? Neither did her successor, or his successor or his successor.
But what else has been going on whilst FGR hopefully sinks back to where it belongs.
Well for one thing Kate (aka Rapunzel) isn't a director of Vince's companies any longer.
Jumped or pushed? Who knows?

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Who cares?

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Never thought she would get the full time job. She was a caretaker. Lot of fuss about nothing.
Did you mean hapless Hannah or Mrs Vince Mark II.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

"Its not a gimmick" said hapless Hannah. "If it was, it would be the wrong thing to do to put me in this position in the first place".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMFEu0LGFtQ

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cajunboy wrote:Who cares?
When Dale Vince threatened to liquidate BWFC he became a 'person of interest' to me at least.

So what's been going on recently with Vince and Green Britain Group (GBG), the business formerly known as Egotricity.

Well to begin with Dale Vince owns all the shares. Mrs Vince has none. 

GBG has  been coining it in big-style since the surge in energy prices caused many families to have to choose between heating and eating.

It turned over £550m last year, an increase of 59% on the previous year

There are only two directors of GBG since 'Kate' (her adopted name it seems) 'stepped down' last September. Vince isn't known for being publicity-shy so isn't it odd that this doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere in the media?

Vince ramped up his contributions to the Labour Party last year. He could well afford it. Don't be surprised if he ramps them up a bit more this year, there's interests that need protecting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum