Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton report Sheffield Wednesday over Mark Davies transfer

+3
terenceanne
Norpig
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton have contacted the Football League about the conduct of fellow Championship side Sheffield Wednesday in transfer talks over Mark Davies.

Financially struggling Bolton cut Davies' price to resolve an issue over wages and thought a deal had been done.

With the player set for a medical on Thursday, he was pulled out of Tuesday's league meeting between the two clubs, which Wednesday won 3-2.

However, the transfer was put on hold over an undisclosed development.

Bolton then complained to the Football League, although the two clubs are believed to be back in negotiations and the midfielder's transfer could yet go through.

Another Wanderers player, Zach Clough, decided not to accept a transfer to Bristol City, despite a fee being agreed between the two clubs.

Bolton are trying desperately to raise funds before Monday's High Court appearance, when they face a winding-up petition brought by Revenue & Customs.

There had been hope before Christmas that a takeover of the club, £172.8m in debt, would have been completed by now.

However, discussions with various parties have failed to reach a successful conclusion.

Bolton are bottom of the Championship and if they went into administration, which is still a possibility, the 12-point penalty would leave them 18 points from safety.

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he's leaving on a free transfer now isn't he? So we've goner from 750K to nothing in a week just to get him off the wage bill  Rolling Eyes

We've also had to pay up part of his contract so how much have we actually saved? You cant make this shit up can you? It's comical.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What an absolute fucking joke! ::mad::

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

BWFC business as usual .... player worth 3 or 4 mill a season ago....going for nowt...in fact paying them to take him off our hands. 
I'm curious as to who is making these decisions at the moment with Darkside supposedly out of the picture.

Doesn't sound as if we have much of a choice in this, it's either let Mavies walk for free or we're stuck with his wages on the bill.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:BWFC business as usual .... player worth 3 or 4 mill a season ago....going for nowt...in fact paying them to take him off our hands. 
I'm curious as to who is making these decisions at the moment with Darkside supposedly out of the picture.

Trevor Birch, the guy who replaced him probably.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

no it will that fella from Bury, Robinson i think? He was brought in to sort out transfers (all outgoing of course)

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
terenceanne wrote:BWFC business as usual .... player worth 3 or 4 mill a season ago....going for nowt...in fact paying them to take him off our hands. 

Trevor Birch, the guy who replaced him probably.

Birch was brought in exclusively to deal with prospective buyers and negotiate the deal to sell the club.

Hence why he's been sat in a room at The Macron for the last six weeks playing Candy Crush on his phone and not a lot else.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well his phone certainly hasn't been ringing I know that.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I heard that Birch has a fax in his pocket. No, wait...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Isn't Mark Davies's contract up at the end of the season? If so, I can see why Wednesday would baulk at paying 750k when he is a free agent in a few months time.

He had 18 month left on his contract.

It's off.

He'll be on Teeside tomorrow.

(Possibly).

Last edited by Breadman on Fri Jan 15 2016, 09:29; edited 1 time in total

And now it's official.

And it looks like someone at their end finally had a look at his Wiki page and went "Ooh, hang on......"

And then somebody at our end went running to the Football League crying about it.

Which then killed it stone dead.

Genius.

I thought the people we'd brought in to replace Gartside were supposed to be "experts" at this shit?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Wednesday came to their senses at the death.  Can't blame them for that.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Wednesday said he failed a medical when he hadn't had one...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They were thinking ahead.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum