Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sheffield Wednesday beat Middlesbrough to Bolton Wanderers midfielder Mark Davies

+7
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
Boggersbelief
Norpig
karlypants
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sheffield Wednesday are closing in on a deal for Wanderers midfielder Mark Davies.

The 27-year-old, currently the longest-serving first team player on the books, looks almost certain to leave the Macron Stadium after a breakthrough in talks overnight.

Wednesday are keen to get Davies in as quickly as possible – and may get the deal done in time for him to feature against Fulham in the FA Cup tomorrow.

Middlesbrough had seen one bid turned down for the former Wolves playmaker, understood to be £500,000, but the Owls have upped the offer to £750,000.

Davies has played 183 games for Wanderers since moving from Molineux in January 2009.

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i suppose considering he's so injury prone that's not too bad a deal? To be honest his form this season has been very average but on his day he is one of the our best players.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat will love that this injury prone ponce is finally off the books and we get to watch a real superstar in trotter.

I thought him and mavies had a bit of a fling

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Mavies at 28 is just another player who never reached his potential.....so although he is useful to us for this season we are probably better off starting over when we are in league one. Shame we didn't get rid when he was worth a couple of million....but that's BWFC for yer.

I can still remember Wolves fans laughing at us on 606 when we paid 'em a million quid for him.

They told us he was always injured and predicted that he would be the same with us.

He's been with us almost exactly seven years and has played 163 games.

And that roughly means that he's only been available for selection 50% of the time he's been with us.

But we've still paid him (a reported) £16 K a week, every week for seven years.

Get him off the wage bill and wish him all the best.

Injury prone and as Terrence says never reached his potential but I always liked Davies great to watch when at his best too.

I detest Wednesday's fans though so I hope he's injured for the entirety of his stay at their 'massive club'.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Nat will love that this injury prone ponce is finally off the books and we get to watch a real superstar in trotter.

Mark Davies has been utter shit since the day he signed, even before taking into account what an utter injury prone ponce he is.

Mr Anonymous would have been a better name. For some reason he seems to have escaped abuse from the BWFC keyboard warriors, whereas the likes of Trotter and Spearing have had it in spades despite being no worse than Mavies.

The fact someone is prepared to pay good money for this clown shows just what a fucked state football is in.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Nat will love that this injury prone ponce is finally off the books and we get to watch a real superstar in trotter.
I will miss him, i love him so much
whilst back in reality

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Really should have achieved so much more with us. Good luck to him always liked him as a player.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He's been a spark of gold emerging from a pile of turd at far too irregular intervals for many years.

Having said that this last year has probably been his most stable period in the team in all senses so selling him now for less than a million doesn't exactly taste sweet. But then that's how it goes when you're in our position.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

John McGinlay suggested his salary was £1 million a year - roughly £20k a week so that can only help get the club in better shape.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He always forked out for the VIP tickets at the cinema.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I never liked him, very sickly and had a habit of vanishing during games, not sure where he went.

We can just pretend he is injured again when he leaves. We can have a thread every 6 month asking when he will be fully fit.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think we'll need to pretend that he's injured

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Easy on the eye, glides past people but way to injury prone, strip away the fact that he only plays 50% of the time and only performs in a small percentage of the game he plays in, then given our current predicament, he needs to go.

Will he makes his debut against us on Tuesday?

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Like him or not- compared to the rest of the dross at the Macron he was one of our best players We're worse off in footballing terms without him and not much better off financially with him gone.
 Letting him go will pay most of January's wages though (provided SW pay cash up front and not some ludicrous payment by instalments lark). For me it's an important signal in the demise of the club as  a footballing entity. Its only an accelerating downward spiral from here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum