Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We are coaching the players badly...

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Positionally our defending its atrocious.  
Now either our players are pathetically inept at grasping basic tactical training or the coaches are doing something wrong and we are setting them up badly.  

So are our players just incredibly error prone or is our coaching and team set up leading to an increase in errors and confusion? 

I have to say the coaching is playing its part.  Why? Because some of our mistakes simply not be happening if the set up was right from the start. 

It can't be the case that we just happen to have 6 or 7 seperate defenders who all happen to make the same exact positional errors as each other week after week. 

Also I have seen kids quickly correct these same mistakes within a couple of sessions... Which means its easy enough to learn. If kids can learn it our players can learn it,they probably already know it in fact but are being coached to do it a differently... The only alternative I have, therefore, is that the certain set of tactics we are using at the back is a deliberate high risk tactical choice which we are refusing to change.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The system asks players to press higher which leaves us exposed to pace if we lose possession as there are always gaps to exploit.

We could play deeper but our forwards aren't good or quick enough to score without lots of support so  one compromise is as bad as the other when we need wins.

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Biggie wrote:Positionally our defending its atrocious.  
Now either our players are pathetically inept at grasping basic tactical training or the coaches are doing something wrong and we are setting them up badly.  

So are our players just incredibly error prone or is our coaching and team set up leading to an increase in errors and confusion? 

I have to say the coaching is playing its part.  Why? Because some of our mistakes simply not be happening if the set up was right from the start. 

It can't be the case that we just happen to have 6 or 7 seperate defenders who all happen to make the same exact positional errors as each other week after week. 

Also I have seen kids quickly correct these same mistakes within a couple of sessions... Which means its easy enough to learn. If kids can learn it our players can learn it,they probably already know it in fact but are being coached to do it a differently... The only alternative I have, therefore, is that the certain set of tactics we are using at the back is a deliberate high risk tactical choice which we are refusing to change.
I just don't think the players are playing for Lennon as the first goal showed yesterday against Forest and Simon Charlton was alluding to on the radio.

I agree with the rest of the points, but one of the defenders should have taken Ward down before goalie was exposed. The fact they didn't points to players not fighting for the team

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

just seen the highlights, our defending is shocking. The second goal Moxey gives him a free run at the header and the third we lose it in midfield and 10 seconds later its in the back of the net.

They've given up now it's obvious. All thats on their minds now is how can they trick to take them on next season as most of them won't be here and good riddance i say.

I can accept a poor team if they at least look like they are trying and putting in some effort but this lot can't even do that

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum