Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Bates turns down Bolton

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ken Bates turns down Bolton Empty Ken Bates turns down Bolton Thu Jan 28 2016, 21:03

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Ken Bates turns down Bolton Empty Re: Ken Bates turns down Bolton Thu Jan 28 2016, 21:10

Fuck me....somebody get the jump leads so we can restart Gartside.

3Ken Bates turns down Bolton Empty Re: Ken Bates turns down Bolton Thu Jan 28 2016, 21:14

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Advised, "Don't touch it with a barge pole" but in a poshish way. This bloke, Roper, seems to be grasping at straws, but grabbing nettles. Why on earth would he approach Ken if there were four prospective buyers lined up. If Ken Bates was interested he'd probably approach Roper. Curioser and curioser as the Owl said to the Pussycat.

4Ken Bates turns down Bolton Empty Re: Ken Bates turns down Bolton Thu Jan 28 2016, 22:39

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Bollotom2014 wrote:Advised, "Don't touch it with a barge pole" but in a poshish way. This bloke, Roper, seems to be grasping at straws, but grabbing nettles. Why on earth would he approach Ken if there were four prospective buyers lined up. If Ken Bates was interested he'd probably approach Roper. Curioser and curioser as the Owl said to the Pussycat.
Maybe other people a little older than me will remember, but there was a story around the 70's about  Bates and another former director of Stockport and Wigan (long since deceased) trying to buy into BWFC in the 70's and old George / Derek Warburton told  them where to go.

So this could be afters.

Also Bates has always talked of his 'love' for Wigan Athletic and that if they were in any financial trouble he would always be there to help them.

With that in mind it ain't surprising that he slags the club of

5Ken Bates turns down Bolton Empty Re: Ken Bates turns down Bolton Fri Jan 29 2016, 10:15

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In all truth I wouldn't want Ken Bates anywhere near us anyway. Hid dodgy deals at both Chelsea and Leeds stank. Chelsea WOULD have gone bust had Abramovitch not come in because the ridiculous Chelsea Village and all the other junk Bates bought into were draining money out of CFC faster than my daughters can empty my wallet. 

We all know what he did at Leeds and what it cost them. Look where they are now, owned by a convict who's been ordered to sell his shares or see them kicked out of the league entirely. 

While I do of course realise times are dark and difficult here I suspect the day may come when we look back at this interview and think we had a lucky escape by not falling into his money grubbing, dodgy dealing hands.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum