Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The ST - DON'T believe all the hype.

+9
Bollotom2014
Chairmanda
Bolton Nuts
CAMPO
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
Norpig
wanderlust
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Sluffy wrote:
CAMPO wrote:
karlypants wrote:They have a hidden agenda and they are all full of bullshit?
What's hidden and who's hiding it?

The 5000 members who joined the BWFCST can't afford to buy the club so that's a non starter

If another group of local business' have the money and want to buy the club and ED is willing to sell the club to them because he trusts them more than Holdsworth's Crew what are 'you' going to do about it?

If a consortium of local businesses and rich individuals want to buy the club then fair enough - I don't think anyone would have an issue with that but what's the reasoning of them giving their money to a third party (the ST) for them to buy it?

It doesn't make any sense.

If I was a business wanting to put my money into the club it would be ME that would want to have a say in how it is spent - not someone from the ST who I have probably never met before and know anything about.

If those behind the ST are so good at running businesses themselves why aren't they announcing that they are prepared to put up a quarter of a million pounds or so (a reported £8 million need to the end of the season divided by 30 'interested' business = £250,000 roughly) themselves instead of looking to spend someone else's money?

If they don't have that sort business acumen themselves, why then do they think they know better how to run a multi-million pound business than those they are seeking such money from?

Unless of course an anonymous backer suddenly tips up and gives them the £8 million they need!

What's the difference between an 'anonymous backer', which you're not happy with, and a 'consortium of local business' and rich individuals' who you are happy with?

If the club is saved from Admin. and money from any 'honest' source keeps it going for the forseeable future and the fans have a say in the boardroom what's not to like?

wanderlust wrote:

In that case they are idiots.

But I don't believe they have actually requested preferred bidder status as they are not incorporated therefore cannot make any decisions, let alone set strategy and objectives. They haven't even elected Officers or appointed a Board as far as I know so how they can decide whether or not they intend to buy the club is beyond comprehension.

Unless it's a totally unsubstantiated rumour started by the BN.

Have you been asleep for 24 hours?

When you first raised the issue of it being the BN making it all up to sell papers yesterday, it was pointed out that this info has come straight from the horse's mouth when Hurst did a radio interview yesterday morning in which he explained the (lack of a coherent) plan which very much involves them being ED's preferred bidder.

Why do you think we're all now more convinced than ever this ST is bent?

Sluffy wrote:If a consortium of local businesses and rich individuals want to buy the club then fair enough - I don't think anyone would have an issue with that but what's the reasoning of them giving their money to a third party (the ST) for them to buy it?

If I was a business wanting to put my money into the club it would be ME that would want to have a say in how it is spent - not someone from the ST who I have probably never met before and know anything about.

That's working on the assumption any bidders would be happy to defer their say in the club to the ST, doubt that very much myself. Far more likely they'd sit alongside ST on a board of sorts.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:If a consortium of local businesses and rich individuals want to buy the club then fair enough - I don't think anyone would have an issue with that but what's the reasoning of them giving their money to a third party (the ST) for them to buy it?

That's working on the assumption any bidders would be happy to defer their say in the club to the ST, doubt that very much myself. Far more likely they'd sit alongside ST on a board of sorts.

In that case then why even bother including the ST in the first place?

If a group of people/businesses want to buy the club then why go through another body? They may as well do it directly.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

CAMPO wrote:What's the difference between an 'anonymous backer', which you're not happy with, and a 'consortium of local business' and rich individuals' who you are happy with?

If the club is saved from Admin. and money from any 'honest' source keeps it going for the forseeable future and the fans have a say in the boardroom what's not to like?

Sorry mate I was being a bit glib with my last throw away remark that you have picked up on but I will answer it never the less,

I run a business, I call the shots.

If I invest in another business I do so looking to make a profit.

What I don't do is give someone £8 million pounds to do with what they want.

If the ST - who lets remember isn't even officially formed yet - suddenly pitch up with enough money to buy the club wouldn't you think it somehow very odd and suspicious?

I would.

Also if I was putting £8 million into the club don't you think I'd want something back also?

I certainly would expect my £8 million back plus some sort of 'reward' for investing it in the first place and I'd expect the people I'd given it to, to give me a cast iron guarantee (a contract and/or a charge against the assets) to make sure I do.

Do you (or anyone else for that matter) truly think a Wanderers fan from the ST will ever tell me what I can and can not do with my investment?

The minute they start to tell me anything I don't want to hear I'd either tell them to fuck off or withdraw my money (or both!).

What can the ST do other than to keep me sweet?

If you honestly think hardnosed businessmen and women will simply pour millions of their money into a football club annually so that some well meaning but completely deluded fans can live their dream of being in charge of the club then you must be as naive as they appear to be.

No insult intended.

If someone wants to invest in the club then they will do it directly.

And that's why I have no problem with a consortium of local business and individuals taking on the club but I do if the ST suddenly out of nowhere is able to raise that sort of money.

I don't believe in Father Christmas nor the Easter bunny and I don't believe the ST could ever raise that sort of money to buy the club without major, major strings being attached - which would make the ST no better than something someone is hiding behind.

I hope that answers your question.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Have to agree with Sluffy, something stinks in the state of Denmark.

Is there any benefit to ED, if he sells the club, for whatever cost/reason, and then takes control, as the largerst 'investor', via the ST, (on the assumption he can do that) ?

Right. Tin foil hat time.

The ST is "approaching" local businesses to get the money to buy the club. The ST has been put together by supporters direct existing board members who are bending over backwards to accommodate them.

What is the biggest local business that will have a vested interest in the outcome of how, when, why what and who the club is sold to?

Put it this way, their bread is only good for chip butties and their bagels are fucking tasteless. (I tried them today)

The other big bolton business worth over 100 million plus is threlfall group. Now where have i heard that name before. Isnt the new "steering group" chairman who definitely isnt bezzies woth PG, ED or BW the owner chairman of that? So could that mean that two of the biggest businesses in bolton already have a vested interest not only in the sale of the club but the success of the supporters trust?

Those two companies alone would be enough to fund the (un)TRUST(worthy) and with hurst at the helm calling the shots and warbies extra thick backing him up WTF is going to change really?

What integrity do you think mike "all fans are idiots" smith and crispy "lies role off the tongue" cock have? Are they aware they are being played for absolute fools but are happy to be in the limelight and do all the donkey work? I hope they arent aware and they get their fingers burnt when they realise their little pipe dream of owning 0.00000001% of the club means they actually get no say in anything.

Gods honest truth id rather go into admin, take the points deduction and get relegated and then hope and pray someone foreign or otherwise buys us outright then let a bunch of lying scheming wankstains take the piss royally thinking they are so clever geting one over the shit fans.

Figures dont lie. Multiple polls have been done and the MAJORITY have spoken. The fans DO NOT want the (un)TRUST(worthy) to buy the club. Have someone with integrity and the fans best interests at heart on the board by all means but what is the point of modelling ourselves on a league 2 club when we are still in the championship, because by doing that we will soon be stuck in league two like pompey with no way back.

The fans need to make their voices heard. We need to rally togethet and not take this lying down. Im not on about a shit 20 to 30 people turning up with a piss stained bed sheet. We need to do it properly. Online. in person. In the press. Everything we can at our disposal to make sure the club gets back on track.

Its obvious the bolton news wont help us, marc iles is that far up ED's sphincter they are constantly french kissing. But something needs to be done before it is too late

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Manda for Chair!

Or at least ST Board member. 
Having expressed a willingness to participate and lend her experience, surely the solution to concerns about the STs probity could be resolved if Manda ran a Nuts - backed campaign to get elected - starting now?

Will you stand Manda? Are we up for a campaign?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bath is hardly BWFC.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

True Nat, but neither is Bermuda.

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Sluffy wrote:
CAMPO wrote:What's the difference between an 'anonymous backer', which you're not happy with, and a 'consortium of local business' and rich individuals' who you are happy with?

Sorry mate I was being a bit glib with my last throw away remark that you have picked up on but I will answer it never the less,

If the ST - who lets remember isn't even officially formed yet - suddenly pitch up with enough money to buy the club wouldn't you think it somehow very odd and suspicious?

I would.

Also if I was putting £8 million into the club don't you think I'd want something back also?

I certainly would expect my £8 million back plus some sort of 'reward' for investing it in the first place and I'd expect the people I'd given it to, to give me a cast iron guarantee (a contract and/or a charge against the assets) to make sure I do.

Do you (or anyone else for that matter) truly think a Wanderers fan from the ST will ever tell me what I can and can not do with my investment?

The minute they start to tell me anything I don't want to hear I'd either tell them to fuck off or withdraw my money (or both!).

If you honestly think hardnosed businessmen and women will simply pour millions of their money into a football club annually so that some well meaning but completely deluded fans can live their dream of being in charge of the club then you must be as naive as they appear to be.

No insult intended.

And that's why I have no problem with a consortium of local business and individuals taking on the club but I do if the ST suddenly out of nowhere is able to raise that sort of money.

I don't believe in Father Christmas nor the Easter bunny and I don't believe the ST could ever raise that sort of money to buy the club without major, major strings being attached - which would make the ST no better than something someone is hiding behind.

Sluffy and others, I run a business, I'm self employed and have been for 30 years, I know how it works

For the past 16 years we've been buying a product from Darkside and ED but we don't know where it's made, who's making it and what's in it and more to the point how much those two, and others, have made from selling it to us

Yes, any body putting hard cash into a business should be looking for a return
But as the small print at the bottom of the page says 'you're investment may go up or down' nothing is a guaranteed winner.

If some BWFC fans think a 'Mystery Billionaire Investor' is going to rock up and turn us into the new Chelsea, they must be on something

We're BOLTON WANDERERS for fucks sake, the best we can hope for at the moment is a rescue package that gives us stability to stop the slide to non league

The amount required to stop the rot is not a lot, perhaps £15mill, to make us solvent and try and balance the books, and with better management we could move forward.

Yes, the people who want to invest their money will want a say in how that money is used, so unless you buy the whole thing 'BWFC' like ED? did, your say will be proportional to the amount you had the balls to invest, that's how it works
On that principal I would sooner have local business' put the money in than someone who doesn't know where Bolton is.
 We as fans or members of the BWFCST will have NO say in who puts in the £Millions required

The part we should be more positive about is that the current owner, ED, looks like he want's the new set up to include an ELECTED representative from BWFCST. If that comes about then in the future we, the fans, should know 'where the product is made,who's making it and what's in it', then we can all decide whether we still want to buy it!
The current joining fee for the BWFCST is £10, if that's all you can/want to invest then that's as big a 'say' as your'e going to get, no matter how loud you shout.

An elected member of the st picked by the current board in mr Hirst

Fook that

League 2 here we come

y2johnny wrote:An elected member of the st picked by the current board in mr Hirst

Hurst has been made chairman of the Steering Group, once election comes he'll have to run like everybody else. Given his pedigree and being a Bolton fan I can see why they'd appoint him to that role. 

Quite like Lusts idea of getting Amanda elected to the ST when said elections come around. They're not going anywhere we may as well get Nuts representation.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

CAMPO wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I would.

No insult intended.

Sluffy and others, I run a business, I'm self employed and have been for 30 years, I know how it works

For the past 16 years we've been buying a product from Darkside and ED but we don't know where it's made, who's making it and what's in it and more to the point how much those two, and others, have made from selling it to us

Yes, any body putting hard cash into a business should be looking for a return
But as the small print at the bottom of the page says 'you're investment may go up or down' nothing is a guaranteed winner.

If some BWFC fans think a 'Mystery Billionaire Investor' is going to rock up and turn us into the new Chelsea, they must be on something

We're BOLTON WANDERERS for fucks sake, the best we can hope for at the moment is a rescue package that gives us stability to stop the slide to non league

The amount required to stop the rot is not a lot, perhaps £15mill, to make us solvent and try and balance the books, and with better management we could move forward.

Yes, the people who want to invest their money will want a say in how that money is used, so unless you buy the whole thing 'BWFC' like ED? did, your say will be proportional to the amount you had the balls to invest, that's how it works
On that principal I would sooner have local business' put the money in than someone who doesn't know where Bolton is.
 We as fans or members of the BWFCST will have NO say in who puts in the £Millions required

The part we should be more positive about is that the current owner, ED, looks like he want's the new set up to include an ELECTED representative from BWFCST. If that comes about then in the future we, the fans, should know 'where the product is made,who's making it and what's in it', then we can all decide whether we still want to buy it!
The current joining fee for the BWFCST is £10, if that's all you can/want to invest then that's as big a 'say' as your'e going to get, no matter how loud you shout.

Thanks mate, I for one appreciate your passionate response.

This is what Nuts is about, people being able to speak freely on both sides of a topic.

I'm sure you are putting into words what others who are reading this think too.

Many of those that have expressed their views on this matter such as myself clearly see things differently to you (and no doubt many others also) so it is really pleasing that you feel you can state your views on Nuts knowing that they wont be ridiculed or shouted down (or even edited or removed completely) as many other BWFC forums do.

I'm not trying to patronise you in anyway in fact I'm more pleased to see that Nuts is working in the way we hoped for when we set it up a few years back.

It is great that people have different opinions and can talk about them without abuse being hurled back at them.

We are not here to form peoples opinions nor are we here to squash them either.

We all want the best for the club but we all have differing opinions on what that may be.

I look forward to reading many more of your views and opinions from now on Campo.

I hope others who have not already had their say on this matter will also now let the rest of us know what they think.

Go on you know you want too!

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Manda for Chair!

Having expressed a willingness to participate and lend her experience, surely the solution to concerns about the STs probity could be resolved if Manda ran a Nuts - backed campaign to get elected - starting now?

Thanks for your vote of confidence, Wanders. Nat is right, Bath City is no Bolton Wanderers, the number of zeros in the turnover figure is different, and the large companies I have worked for also have a very different number of zeros the other way...genuinely that's why I was disappointed to be overlooked as I felt I was uniquely placed to help. However, I have worked with too many great people, and too many manipulative self servers, in my life not to know I couldn't do anything to change an individuals probity. Not too certain the way i am feeling about how this has been handled so far, I particularly want to be associated with it, and certainly would resist any attempt to be the token woman, or steering committee member in charge of ensuring those who are against this are pacified and marginalised. Keeping my powder dry Wanders.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Chairmanda wrote:

Thanks for your vote of confidence, Wanders. Nat is right, Bath City is no Bolton Wanderers, the number of zeros in the turnover figure is different, and the large companies I have worked for also have a very different number of zeros the other way...genuinely that's why I was disappointed to be overlooked as I felt I was uniquely placed to help. However, I have worked with too many great people, and too many manipulative self servers, in my life not to know I couldn't do anything to change an individuals probity. Not too certain the way i am feeling about how this has been handled so far, I particularly want to be associated with it, and certainly would resist any attempt to be the token woman, or steering committee member in charge of ensuring those who are against this are pacified and marginalised. Keeping my powder dry Wanders.
I'll be your chauffeur Amanda

Chairmanda wrote:

It would be a massive step down manda but its the club younlove.

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Chairmanda wrote:

Don't think you have been overlooked. Think they are still working through expressions of interest

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(PS you'll haveto fast forward through music)

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:

THE big issue with the ST at this stage is transparency - an issue that would be resolved to the satisfaction of many were you elected. You would be in a position to keep them honest, provide clear lines of communication and ensure that the ordinary members' voice is the one that should determine policy. You could do great things if elected.

Plus you wouldn't be standing as a LibDem so you'd have a chance Shocked

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Shorter version of Supporters Trust Interview on Bolton FM

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Big question on diversity in middle of interview

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum: