Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kris Commons to Bolton - is just all hype?

+8
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sounds like he's simply after a better contract at Celtic reading this -

Celtic are continuing their efforts to agree a deal to keep Kris Commons at the club beyond the summer.

"We'll see, we're working on it," said Celtic manager Ronny Deila of Commons' contract after his impressive display in the 2-0 away win over Kilmarnock.

"Talks go on. In the first half Kris was involved in everything. He worked very hard. In the second half we dropped in intensity."

Commons is holding out for a two-year deal, double what Celtic are offering.

The former Scotland attacker told BBC Scotland last month that he was keen to stay with Celtic

"I feel I've got a lot to offer and hopefully in these next couple of years I can do that," said the 31-year-old after the 4-3 defeat by Dinamo Zagreb.

Commons was heavily involved in Celtic's attacks at Rugby Park as they moved to within a point of Scottish Premiership leaders Aberdeen, and Deila's side still have a game in hand.

He twice struck the crossbar and had several other shots trouble Craig Samson's goal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes it is, NL will be linked with all his old players no doubt.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's more chance of Hipster going to a Bolton game than there is of Commons signing.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been to more Bolton games than you've had glasses of warm vimto.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think his agent is stirring things up, he says he wants a 2 year deal ands they've only offered him a 1 year deal. He can talk to teams outside Scotland now as his contract ends in the summer so you never know.

Do we want another high earning over 30? I'd rather not if Im honest, his agent's just angling for a new contract.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Do we want another high earning over 30? I'd rather not if Im honest, his agent's just angling for a new contract.

I want good players, couldn't care less about their age.

That's the lack of planning that got us into this mess.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:That's the lack of planning that got us into this mess.

The trouble was Coyle and Freedman didn't know what a good player was.

Would you rather have a team full of average 20 year olds or good 30 year olds?

Think we're starting to see the good job Freedman did in his recruitment actually, just a shame he was clearly an awful man manager.

Your question is ridiculous by the way. I refuse to answer.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Think we're starting to see the good job Freedman did in his recruitment actually

Yes, the squad is full of brilliant signings by Freedman :facepalm:

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers closing in on Celtic star Commons

Momentum appears to be gathering behind Wanderers’ pursuit of Celtic striker Kris Commons – with his agent insisting the player is no nearer a new deal with the SPL champions.

Martin Reilly, the 31-year-old’s representative who is also a close confident of Whites boss Neil Lennon, outlined the creative midfielder’s position after he had played a starring role in helping his side Kilmarnock at the weekend.

"Kris pledged his future to Celtic by retiring from international football to prolong his club career,” he said. "We feel that should be rewarded. It's not about vast sums of money."

Lennon is willing to offer Commons a longer deal than the 12 months currently on the table from Celtic but also wants him to join on loan for the rest of this season to help his play-off chase.

It has been suggested that funds earned from the FA Cup, including a tie at Liverpool, could be worth £400,000, which could help seal the deal.

But Commons, who scored 32 goals for Lennon last season to help clinch the Scottish title, appears to be focusing solely on Parkhead for now after returning to the starting line-up for the first time since November 22.

“I have to keep working hard and then see what happens,” he said.

“I have got rent to pay, so I need to get some money in. I am working hard to get a contract.”

karlypants wrote:“I have got rent to pay, so I need to get some money in. I am working hard to get a contract.”

Poor Kris.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sounds like an absolute ponce.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"wanderers closing in" 

then the article describes how we've not closed in, or anything of the sort.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

then the article describes how we've not closed in

Who is this "we"? Aberdeen? Coventry?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BOLTON boss Neil Lennon hopes his side’s money-spinning FA Cup replay with Liverpool will give him the extra financial muscle needed to sign Kris Commons now.

The future of Scotland’s player of the year remains uncertain, although Celtic boss Ronny Deila is adamant he won’t be going anywhere soon.

That threat, however, hasn’t scared off interest from Bolton, Leicester and Crystal Palace, while he also has the option of a move to the MLS.

Wanderers made a £250,000 bid at the start of the month but were given very little encouragement from the Celts.

Commons could also have the option of an English Premier League return, but Lennon is desperate to be reunited with the 31-year-old.

But a lack of cash means he has had to reduce the Wanderers’ wage bill rather than bring in more big-hitters.

Lennon feared he might have to wait until the summer to land the former Scotland star but has been boosted by Saturday’s goalless draw at Anfield as it handed Bolton another big-money fourth-round tie against Liverpool.

Commons is keen to work with the ex-Celt again, although his family are settled in Glasgow, ensuring nothing is clear-cut.

The Celtic playmaker is out of contract at the end of the season and talks over an extension have stalled as he wants a two-year deal rather than the 12-month option that has been tabled.

Commons said: “My agent is speaking to them, they are speaking to me.

“They want me to stay, I want to stay, but we can’t agree on something minute.

“If I was asking for the world, I would think my future lay elsewhere. But I don’t feel like I’m being greedy.

Commons’ agent, Martin Reilly, is due for further talks with Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell and that conversation could have a major bearing on the player’s future. Deila said: “There are two different views just now, but both of us want to solve it.”

Celtic have also been linked with a move for Scotland captain Darren Fletcher.

Deila refused to rule anything out after the weekend victory over Ross County, but Parkhead sources have said that move looks extremely unlikely.

Manchester United have still to say whether they would let him go and, even if they do, West Ham United and West Bromwich Albion would have more financial muscle and could offer him regular Premier League football.

Valencia are also keen on taking Commons to La Liga.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

It's still looking highly unlikely to me.

Why doesn't he just sign a one year contract, then in a year sign another one.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's obviously not going to happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum