Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Podcast

+4
Sluffy
BL3White
Natasha Whittam
Leeds_Trotter
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Podcast  Empty Podcast Mon Feb 01 2016, 19:18

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The men In white stopped their podcast a few years ago now, but does anyone know if anyone else does any? I kind of miss them.

2Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Mon Feb 01 2016, 19:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Start your own. I'll tune in.

3Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Mon Feb 01 2016, 19:22

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I might just do. Although I'll need someone with you wit and footballing knowledge to help me Nat. Are you down?

4Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Mon Feb 01 2016, 19:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't go down. But I appreciate the kind words.

5Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Mon Feb 01 2016, 19:35

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't go down. But I appreciate the kind words.
That doesn't match the information I have.

6Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 11:56

BL3White

BL3White
David Ngog
David Ngog

Lion of Vienna suite do a podcast called LOVpod.

It's not bad, not brill.

Not sure if theyre on itunes, but heres a link to the latest one on their website.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 12:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Chris Manning - one of the initial people behind the ST is the man behind the Lion of Vienna and their podcasts.

I don't know if it is coincidence or not but he seems to have gone very quite about his support for it recently since he found out more about some of his fellow colleagues involved with it - and he's certainly not been on here for a few weeks under his user name of Kane57 telling us all about how good it will be.

8Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 12:09

Still being a bulb on twitter though sluffy and berating anyone not behind the ST

9Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 12:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:Still being a bulb on twitter though sluffy and berating anyone not behind the ST

Ah thanks, I don't really do twitter and I certainly don't spend my life on it like some.

The last time I looked he had nearly 100,000 tweets! Shocked

Although empty vessels make the most noise of course.

10Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 13:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

No need for personal attacks. I have feelings you know.

11Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 13:38

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

do you?

12Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 14:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I know you joke but I do think there is a massive difference between you and Chris Manning and how you both spend your own time on social media such as forums and twitter.

Chris literally lives his life on it, it is 'real' to him, you don't do 100,000 tweets, the same amount again on forums and possibly much, much more on other aspects of social media such as playing Football Manager (or whatever it is called) on line with others (or even sadder by himself!), Facebook, Instagram and such others - unless it really MEANS something to you, whereas you do it (like I) as an amusement or distraction AWAY FROM real life.

Life has its ups and downs but it is REAL.

You or I may wish to escape it for a while by amusing ourselves and so waste some of our time in the fantasy world of social media whereas Manning lives for social media and seems to have to escape to real life for necessities such as work and his family for as short as time as he can be away from his 'fix' of being on line and talking to (and abusing) strangers, many of whom he will never ever meet - or even know if they actually are like the characters they portray themselves to be online.

It seems a waste of his life and talents to me - but it is non of my business what he does with his life.

All I can say is that if his intelligence and maturity is to live the way he clearly does, then I would also question his intelligence and maturity on the issues he has strong views on and even champions - such as the ST.

Both him living his life on social media and his utter belief in the ST have a similar whiff of nothing but pure fantasy to me with no grounding what so ever in reality.

Some random bloke off the internet says it is a good idea - so it must be - type of thing.

Sadly many, many people DO follow like sheep though.

13Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 14:30

One thread you say all views and opinions on the ST are welcomed as this is an inclusive forum where we like to read each others views.

On this thread, it's calling people deluded fantasists and sheep. 

Let's just wait until more information comes out before we start condemning each other.

14Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 14:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:One thread you say all views and opinions on the ST are welcomed as this is an inclusive forum where we like to read each others views.

Let's just wait until more information comes out before we start condemning each other.

I don't consider I'm contradicting myself at all.

All opinions are welcomed.

Most people in real life DO tend to follow the flock.

If someone on the internet said do 'this', 'that' or 'the other' and someone did it for no other reason that they simply did what they were told - then I would consider that to be deluded - wouldn't you?

I've always preferred reasoned debates backed up with detail and information rather than impassioned pleas based on nothing but emotion and drama.

Just because a bunch of so called 'true Wanderers' fans pitch up and say we will save the club doesn't mean I have to believe them, give money and my personal details to them, or get abused if I don't!

Even Iles own straw polls on the ST are showing a considerable growing wariness of them now - and up to now he's been the lead cheerleader of them!

Besides my comments above where in respect of Manning and not directly the ST.

15Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 14:54

Sluffy wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:One thread you say all views and opinions on the ST are welcomed as this is an inclusive forum where we like to read each others views.

If someone on the internet said do 'this', 'that' or 'the other' and someone did it for no other reason that they simply did what they were told - then I would consider that to be deluded - wouldn't you?

I've always preferred reasoned debates backed up with detail and information rather than impassioned pleas based on nothing but emotion and drama.

Just because a bunch of so called 'true Wanderers' fans pitch up and say we will save the club doesn't mean I have to believe them, give money and my personal details to them, or get abused if I don't!

Even Iles own straw polls on the ST are showing a considerable growing wariness of them now - and up to now he's been the lead cheerleader of them!

All very fair, but not what I was referring to.

All I'm saying is you say to Campo all opinions are welcome and encouraged, then on this thread define those opinions as fantasy and the people who hold them sheep.

16Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 14:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Although wary of the ST,I signed up from the off,and I'm quite willing to put my fears to one side,at least for the moment,and see what kind of a fist they make of it.

17Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 15:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

1874, I think Sluffy is in a slightly different position to the rest of us.

As far as I am concerned, he wears two hats. One being his owner one, where he passes on his views/comments regarding the forum itself. The other is his personal view. Sometimes difficult to tell where they cross, but I feel it should be borne in mind. I think he's a very fair person, although every once in a while he does fly off the handle, which he is entitled to, the same as the rest of us.

18Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 15:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

All very fair, but not what I was referring to.

All I'm saying is you say to Campo all opinions are welcome and encouraged, then on this thread define those opinions as fantasy and the people who hold them sheep.

Yes I did say to Campo that all opinions are welcomed but where did I say that those opinions are treated on here as a fantasy?

If you read again what I said above I was referring solely to Manning and how I would interpret what he says with a pinch of salt because of how he seemingly spends his life outside real life and live when he can in the ethereal world of the social networks and all that entails.

Just because he's made 100,000 tweets doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about - in fact probably quite the reverse in fact.  Maybe if he spent the time researching, gathering personal knowledge and experience and giving relevant facts and tweet say just 100 times instead then I would be prepared to listen more closely to him.

Many people clearly prefer to accept what he says at face value - otherwise he would have give up tweeting long before he got to 100,000 tweets - so if they want to have someone think for them instead of doing it for themselves - then that is their choice.

I believe therefore I've made fair comment about Manning and his 'followers' and have not in the slightest made comments in regards to any posters on Nuts.

19Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 15:34

Fair enough, apologies if I misunderstood you on this one.

20Podcast  Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 16:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Fair enough, apologies if I misunderstood you on this one.

You misunderstand all my posts, where's my apology?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum