Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Podcast

+4
Sluffy
BL3White
Natasha Whittam
Leeds_Trotter
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Podcast  - Page 2 Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 16:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Although empty vessels make the most noise of course.

No need for personal attacks. I have feelings you know.

I know you joke but I do think there is a massive difference between you and Chris Manning and how you both spend your own time on social media such as forums and twitter.

Chris literally lives his life on it, it is 'real' to him, you don't do 100,000 tweets, the same amount again on forums and possibly much, much more on other aspects of social media such as playing Football Manager (or whatever it is called) on line with others (or even sadder by himself!), Facebook, Instagram and such others - unless it really MEANS something to you, whereas you do it (like I) as an amusement or distraction AWAY FROM real life.

Life has its ups and downs but it is REAL.

You or I may wish to escape it for a while by amusing ourselves and so waste some of our time in the fantasy world of social media whereas Manning lives for social media and seems to have to escape to real life for necessities such as work and his family for as short as time as he can be away from his 'fix' of being on line and talking to (and abusing) strangers, many of whom he will never ever meet - or even know if they actually are like the characters they portray themselves to be online.

It seems a waste of his life and talents to me - but it is non of my business what he does with his life.

All I can say is that if his intelligence and maturity is to live the way he clearly does, then I would also question his intelligence and maturity on the issues he has strong views on and even champions - such as the ST.

Both him living his life on social media and his utter belief in the ST have a similar whiff of nothing but pure fantasy to me with no grounding what so ever in reality.

Some random bloke off the internet says it is a good idea - so it must be - type of thing.

Sadly many, many people DO follow like sheep though.

I take it you don't like Chris Manning.

22Podcast  - Page 2 Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 16:40

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was Batman on BAs, had loads of Internet fights with him, until he got promoted to mod and then I used to kiss his arse.

23Podcast  - Page 2 Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 16:41

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's the one that bullies larger women over the Internet. Nat hated him

24Podcast  - Page 2 Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 16:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:had loads of Internet fights with him, until he got promoted to mod and then I used to kiss his arse.

lol!

25Podcast  - Page 2 Empty Re: Podcast Tue Feb 02 2016, 22:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:

I take it you don't like Chris Manning.

I've never met the bloke.

From my contact with him on the forums I found him to be witty and funny and would certainly have been an asset to any forum - although that probably came with a great deal of high maintenance from the sites modding team too as quite often cross the line and did not want to come back again because he always thought he knew best - he probably still thinks that.

The Wanderers forum bent over backwards and broke all their own rules in an attempt to keep him posting on there under a variety of aliases as one by one they had to ban his accounts for persistent abuse of others.

In fact my sacking as a mod on TW revolved around Manning (known also as Batman, Bruno, etc) when I stood firm on modding everybody equally and not treating four people in particularly as above the law and allow them carte blanche to abuse whoever they wanted, when they wanted.

The bloke who went on to write under the alias of Richard McCormack (first on Vital Bolton then the Mavis forum) was another and that is where his vitriol of me came from as I think despite being dumped as a mod what I had said did take root and three of the four I had argued should not be treated any different to everybody else were banned from there within several weeks of me raising the issue (and fired for doing so for 'not being loyal to the rest of the backroom team' by breaking ranks on the matter) - including both Manning and McCormack (although they once again allowed Manning back to post under yet another different alias).

Anyway time as moved on Manning as clearly found his niche at his Lion of Vienna site, where he can and does act and say what he wants, when he wants, without any consequences to himself - as he IS the law on his site.

I'm a different generation to him and of course when I was his age never had the internet and social medias to 'play' on - for that is what I think forums 'chat' sites, etc are all about.  

I would have thought that like most it would have been a phase you mature out of and move on to more real stuff like raising your family and progressing your career - as hard and as boring as they may be at times but also as richly rewarding as anything can be in your lifetime too.

Good luck to him if he wants to spend countless hours of his life tweeting his pontifications on anything he has a mind to for people to follow and reply.

To my mind I simply don't see the point of living so much of your life on the either - especially at his age with the responsibilities that come with it at that time of life. If you sat down and tweeted 100,000 times like he has more or less, how long would that take you weeks, a month, maybe even more?

Is it really worth spending such a chunk of your life on nothing much - he isn't going to ever get it back again.

Add to that all the other stuff he does on line too - is it really worth it?

If he was a kid who knows no better or maybe an old fart like me with time on their hands to waste but someone in their prime years of their life?

Anyway his life and he can do what he wants with it.

So yes I've no issue with him and quite like him most of the time I read his stuff, indeed he would be a good addition to Nuts if he ever wanted a home here - but he won't.

I do feel sorry for him though and think one day he will look back on this stage in his life and regret he pissed a huge chunk of his best years away playing the big shot on the internet on what at the end of the day is something that is only fleeting and utterly meaningless internet wummery.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum