Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lennon living in hope that Wanderers get High Court extension to complete takeover

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon is hopeful a deal can be struck in the High Court this morning to give Wanderers a chance to get a deal over the line.

Dean Holdsworth’s Sports Shield group are close to completing a takeover at the Macron Stadium – but the club has to convince the judge this morning that they are close enough to warrant an adjournment.

HMRC want to liquidate the club over a £3million tax and VAT bill – and Wanderers could yet opt to go into voluntary administration if they feel the decision will go against them.

Lennon, like Bolton fans, is watching on with interest.

“I’m nervous about it,” he told The Bolton News. “I just hope a deal can be done.

“I’m told we’re close and that we might limp over the line with it.

“I think what the club is trying to do today is get a short-term adjournment, just to get the deal done.”

Sports Shield completed their end of the deal last night and are waiting on final approval from outgoing owner Eddie Davies before their offer then goes before the Football League.

That could all be shattered if the court do not grant extra time in the hearing today.

“It’s important that the club’s future is sorted, first and foremost, and as we know these things take a lot of time,” Lennon said.

"It is complicated and there are a lot of documents to process.

“People want deals done the right way but it will be a relief if and when it gets done.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum