Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post

+9
BoltonTillIDie
Bollotom2014
doffcocker
karlypants
boltonbonce
Sluffy
Banks of the Croal
Reebok Trotter
Bwfc1958
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 09:32

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

As is a bit of a nuts tradition these days, it's time for RT's next big milestone. The big 20k is upon him and I'm sure we can all expect something special to mark the occasion. 

Over to you RT. No pressure.  Very Happy

2Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 10:33

It will be on the racing thread telling me my horse lost again.

3Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 10:48

Very Happy

Ive got to go through them all again now Sad

4Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 11:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:As is a bit of a nuts tradition these days, it's time for RT's next big milestone. The big 20k is upon him and I'm sure we can all expect something special to mark the occasion. 

Over to you RT. No pressure.  Very Happy

With one post to go..... what exactly is it I am expected to do?

5Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 11:47

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Just do a nice speech about how much of an honour and privilege it has been to post alongside me for the last 18 months or so. I think that should suffice.

6Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 11:47

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Do it on the old Nigerian Scouting thread R.T.

Those were your Finest Moments.  Very Happy

7Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 12:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

They indeed were very funny! (Wonder what happened to him? Hope he didn't get arrested for filming children playing football in the streets!).

I love the story's you share with us from time to time too!

Very Happy

8Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 12:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Very Happy

And you've lost the kudos of having started my own personal thread. Surprised

9Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 18:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For my 20,000th post I thought I would relate a tale relating to this the topic of this thread. I may have mentioned this before and if so, I apologise for the early onset of Oldtimers disease.

In the eighties, I bought a semi in Manchester which wasn't overlooked. It just had farm fields across the road. After a few weeks I got talking to my next door neighbours who consisted of a husband and wife in their forties with two teenage children. My neighbour was called Colin and was a white collar worker at Massey Ferguson in Trafford Park. I also worked for a big firm in Trafford Park so we had a wee bit in common although I had no kids at that time. It transpired that Colin leased all the farmland opposite from Manchester Ship canal authority and he had stables which he rented out for additional income. You couldn't have wished for nicer neighbours and although we were not all that close we would always have a chat and pass the time of day and occasionally help one another out with one thing or another. He had a tractor and a trailer and also a portable lawn mower which he used to mow the lawns at the local schools in the area. After my son was born and was growing up, Colin would take him for a ride on his tractor as he was pottering about his farm. My only criticism of Colin was that he was a somewhat of a frugal disposition. The type of person who can peel an orange in their pocket. He would of made a great farmer.

Anyway, one night I am sat in the kitchen having my tea and Colin knocks on the door. My wife answered the door and then disappeared next door. Nothing unusual in that, she would often have a chat with Colin's wife. But.... on this occasion she was gone for nearly two hours. When she returned she dropped the bombshell that Colin had been living a double life and ever since he was a child he had wished he was a woman. He had been receiving counselling and now that both his kids had left home and married, he was going to live for twelve months as a woman before having breast augmentation and his wedding tackle removed! You could have knocked me down with a salami sausage on hearing the news. He told my wife that from now on he was going to be known as Anna and we should all call him Anna from now on. . Now this peed me off somewhat. Why couldn't he just have called himself Colleen? That way, I could still refer to him as Col, which was what I called him. 
My son was about eight at the time and ANNA suggested that we just tell him that Colin had left home and his sister Anna had moved in next door!

A couple of weeks later I'm coming up my driveway with my lad in tow and Anna is in the front garden in a dress and a pair of fetching court shoes. My lad spots him and says, ' Look Dad, Colin is wearing a dress!' 

I say, ' That's not Colin! It's his sister Anna!'

He replies, ' No it's not, it's Colin. And he's wearing a wig!.  ( Out of the mouths of babes! )

Well there were some fun and games after that, I can tell you.  I'm quite a tolerant individual but I simply couldn't come to terms with Colin and his transformation. I just used to say hello and then disappear indoors whenever our paths crossed. I wasn't being rude or impolite but I just felt uncomfortable subconsciously whenever I saw him.

He was made redundant from Massey Ferguson and is now a full blown woman. He had a face lift and boob job in Poland and he had his knackers and plums removed in Thailand. The treatment was part funded by the NHS but he paid for the bulk of it. He met his new partner in Thailand. A bloke from Luton who ran a garage and when his wife died of cancer he decided he wanted to be a woman as well. They now both live together in a council bungalow and I often see them out and about shopping. They look for all the world like an older version of Hinge and Bracket.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Thu Feb 25 2016, 18:47; edited 1 time in total

10Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 18:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well done on getting your 20,000th post RT! :clap:

11Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 18:48

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cheers Buddy.....another milestone in the rich tapestry of life.

12Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 19:03

boltonbonce wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Very Happy

And you've lost the kudos of having started my own personal thread. Surprised

Thats what upsets me the most too.

13Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 19:03

Reebok Trotter wrote:Cheers Buddy.....another milestone in the rich tapestry of life.

Well done RT. the real top dog of nuts

14Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 19:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well done on hitting 20,000 RT.   :clap:

Great story too. Very Happy

15Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 19:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unfortunately the situation only got worse. I'll expand more tomorrow.

16Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 21:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Can't wait!

Fantastic story once again and a really tremendous milestone on here passed with it too.

With no disrespect intended to anyone else, you are a fantastic contributor to Nuts RT and the site would certainly not have got off the ground at all without your input, knowledge and exceptional good humour.

I eagerly await your next 20,000 posts!

Many congratulations and very well done mate.

:drinks:

17Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 21:07

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well done to RT who I think has always been a class act on here and Burnden Aces before it.

18Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 21:20

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well done R.T. your'e definitely a Master at telling a story.

I'll probably be 90 before I reach my 20,000th post  Very Happy

19Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 21:26

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well done. 20,000, eh? Beware I'm catching up with you.  :mixpoints:

20Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Empty Re: Reebok Trotter's 20,000th post Thu Feb 25 2016, 21:36

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great tale RT and congrats on the milestone!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum