Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFCST open business

+9
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
Bolton Nuts
Natasha Whittam
Bollotom2014
Fabians Right Peg
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
Norpig
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31BWFCST open business - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 13:48

Quavers and a new kettle.

32BWFCST open business - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 14:03

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:If 5,000 people pay £10 for their membership, then that is £50,000 per year going into the ST's coffers.

What are they actually going to spend it on?

Does anybody know?

Stationery doesn't come cheap you know, and they'll probably need some expenses like a season ticket, company car for away games with travel expenses and the BWFCST Annual Ball with the Mayor of Kearsley in attendance. And that vending machine will need topping up on a regular basis. I've already asked my pay-bob whether these subscriptions are tax deductable so may be less than a tenner, net.

33BWFCST open business - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 14:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of them is a successful male model, he doesn't need the cash.

34BWFCST open business - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 14:12

Sluffy wrote:Are the ST certain to achieve a place on the new board or even a say in how to run the business?  - No.
No the ST aren't certain to achieve a place on the board, but it's equally uncertain that they won't - that's the point.

Yes, the ST 'might' achieve a voice to be heard on the new board and similarly yes, your favourite band might do a one night stand at your local - but I think the chances of either are slim - don't you?

That's the sort of patronising statement that keeps people reacting to you, clearly the people donating money don't feel as certain as you do about this.

If you think I'm being sanctimonious for simply thinking with my head than with my heart, then yes, I probably then am, I'm certainly not ashamed of looking first before leaping.

It's blatantly obvious that you have a personal issue with the Steering Group no matter how much you deny it, I doubt there's a poster on here who disagrees. 

Instead of the patronising comment implying anybody stupid enough to pledge a tenner is doing so blindly, just accept that not everybody's had the same interpretation as you have on the events of the last few months. We've all followed the ST's campaign closely but clearly haven't come to the same conclusions about them.

35BWFCST open business - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 14:13

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Quavers and a new kettle.
  That's a lot of Quavers!!!

36BWFCST open business - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 14:48

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To sluffy and 1874, 

I don't have a personal stake in this row between the two of you but feel it's apparent you're never going to find common ground here. The Supporter's Trust, assuming it ever actually gets properly formed and properly organised is right now little more than a paper exercise. 

I personally want it to succeed, to be good for the club we all love but having seen too many false dawns at both Leeds and Portsmouth over the last decade I believe we are in danger and very real danger at that of following their paths all too closely. I'm not at all sanguine about SSI either, the fact their deal has been questioned by the League at such a late hour worries me and the fact Eddie seems perfectly content to throw away more and more of the goodwill he had with the fans and people of Bolton worries me even more. 

If anything the ST doesn't truly rank high on my list of things to be concerned about at the moment as it doesn't even officially exist yet. I won't join on blind faith but I will join in a heartbeat if we see a Steering Committee that is open and honest about what an ST can realistically be expected to achieve. Frankly right now all we get is a lot of hot air 'marketing talk' and there seems to be a great deal of 'pie in the sky' thinking about what will happen. Get the Steering Committee in place with people who don't 'hide' and refuse to name themselves and then I'll pay more attention to you. Until then the ST isn't worth this long ongoing spat on this and other sites. BWFC has much bigger problems.

37BWFCST open business - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 15:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:Instead of the patronising comment implying anybody stupid enough to pledge a tenner is doing so blindly, just accept that not everybody's had the same interpretation as you have on the events of the last few months. We've all followed the ST's campaign closely but clearly haven't come to the same conclusions about them.

I doubt most of them actually thought anything at all let alone drawing conclusions. I would have though most would just have followed their hearts and the false premise of 'anything is better than nothing' - which isn't always the case.

For what it is worth I'm certainly not alone with my views of what the ST could realistically achieve and equally I have no doubt that it will be established as a many people want it to be the magic answer to the clubs problems.

Time will tell how much the ST achieves but until the club is left with no pot to piss in I suggest it will be as effective in representing the fans voice as the long established BWSA has been.

38BWFCST open business - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 16:15

Absolutely no issue with anybody thinking the ST will fail, I'm pretty pessimistic myself but for the sake of a tenner I'm interested to see what they can do. To be perfectly honest I just get sick of your patronising tone when talking about anybody who doesn't share your view on the ST.

39BWFCST open business - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 21:49

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Still don't know where this 50 grand is going though. Until I know the answer to that question, my tenner is staying in my wallet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum