Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it wrong to bet against Bolton?

+6
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Leeds_Trotter
Norpig
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Empty Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Sun Mar 06 2016, 09:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I caused a ruck on the chatbox yesterday as i revealed i had bet against Bolton (not for the first time, i do it regularly) and was wondering whether to cash out when we got back to 2-1

I was accused of not being a true Bolton fan by one person who i will not name, whilst my argument was that i was using my head to win a few quid and if we did equalise i wouldn't care as first and foremost i love BWFC.

I personally don't see the problem with it as i'm realistic about how bad we are and i may as well make some money if they are going to continually spoil my Saturday afternoons

Am i wrong to bet against my beloved BWFC?

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Personally I never bet on my own team. However I do not see anything wrong with it. Especially when we are a dead cert to lose each game this year.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

No. I don't do it myself but I can't see the problem.

The people who slag you off for betting against Bolton are the same brainless sheep who stand there clapping the team off after they've shipped eight goals at home against Chorley Reserves.

I wouldn't worry about what they think because they are obviously very, very stupid.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always bet against Bolton. How do you think I afford this penthouse?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I always bet against Bolton. How do you think I afford this penthouse?
Very Happy

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I don't. but logic says its a profitable thing to do.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I caused a ruck on the chatbox yesterday as i revealed i had bet against Bolton (not for the first time, i do it regularly) and was wondering whether to cash out when we got back to 2-1

I was accused of not being a true Bolton fan by one person who i will not name, whilst my argument was that i was using my head to win a few quid and if we did equalise i wouldn't care as first and foremost i love BWFC.

I personally don't see the problem with it as i'm realistic about how bad we are and i may as well make some money if they are going to continually spoil my Saturday afternoons

Am i wrong to bet against my beloved BWFC?

Didn't you have a pop at sluffy when he claimed that following Bolton was just a hobby of his and that he didn't have the team in his heart..

Just saying

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

stop shit stirriing Boggers and answer the question

10Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Empty Re: Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Sun Mar 06 2016, 10:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did. If you love Bolton why would you bet against them? I'd expect this sort of thread from sluffy

11Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Empty Re: Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Sun Mar 06 2016, 10:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i refer you to post 4 for your answer  Very Happy

12Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Empty Re: Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Sun Mar 06 2016, 10:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's fine.

13Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Empty Re: Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Sun Mar 06 2016, 11:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:If you love Bolton why would you bet against them? 

I love my kids but would bet against them winning the Champions League, Crufts or a Grand Prix anytime soon.

14Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Empty Re: Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Sun Mar 06 2016, 11:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:If you love Bolton why would you bet against them? 

I love my kids but would bet against them winning the Champions League, Crufts or a Grand Prix anytime soon.

No shit.

15Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Empty Re: Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Sun Mar 06 2016, 17:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it wrong of that Leicester fan to cash in, 29k for them to win the league, when he could get 100k?

Shit fan .

16Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Empty Re: Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Sun Mar 06 2016, 17:27

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

You've put plenty of money in watching the shite they've served up these last few years Norpig, it's about time you recoup a bit of that wasted cash I think. It also softens the blow when we lose.

17Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Empty Re: Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Sun Mar 06 2016, 20:51

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's not wrong I just can't bring myself to do it, doesn't feel right.

18Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Empty Re: Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Sun Mar 06 2016, 20:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:It's not wrong I just can't bring myself to do it, doesn't feel right.

I get the same feeling when I see you've made a post.

19Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Empty Re: Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Sun Mar 06 2016, 21:02

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:It's not wrong I just can't bring myself to do it, doesn't feel right.

If that had meaning I would take offence. Rolling Eyes

20Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Empty Re: Is it wrong to bet against Bolton? Sun Mar 06 2016, 21:36

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Natasha Whittam wrote:

That doesn't even make sense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum