Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Today's young shop staff are lacking respect.

+13
MartinBWFC
Mr Magoo
Bwfc1958
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
doffcocker
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
scottjames30
Leeds_Trotter
Lard Lad
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

ha ha. You may be right 58. Always found it much more friendly oop North.

Its the terminology that gets me, and don't forget I actually come from Mid Wales originally   Very Happy

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

gloswhite wrote:ha ha. You may be right 58. Always found it much more friendly oop North.

Its the terminology that gets me, and don't forget I actually come from Mid Wales originally   Very Happy
Sheep shagger Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is Barry Island in mid Wales? I hope your not from there Glos as I've had well and truly enough of that bloody Gavin and Stacey on the telly! Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:The Jaguar

Look at me! Look at me!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Mr Magoo wrote:
gloswhite wrote:ha ha. You may be right 58. Always found it much more friendly oop North.

Sheep shagger Very Happy
We al have to have a hobby Very Happy

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

karlypants wrote:Is Barry Island in mid Wales? I hope your not from there Glos as I've had well and truly enough of that bloody Gavin and Stacey on the telly! Very Happy

Nope, Mid Wales is the civilised part of the country. pretty cheep, rolling hills, and damned fine beer.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Natasha Whittam wrote:
gloswhite wrote:The Jaguar

Look at me! Look at me!

That's rich ! Shocked

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
karlypants wrote:Is Barry Island in mid Wales? I hope your not from there Glos as I've had well and truly enough of that bloody Gavin and Stacey on the telly! Very Happy

Nope, Mid Wales is the civilised part of the country. pretty cheep, rolling hills, and damned fine beer.
Glad to hear it. Very Happy

I Used to go to Tywyn/Aberdyfi/Aberystwyth a lot when I was a kid, that's the furthest I got really along with the odd day out to Llandudno and Rhyl. Smile

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Just got called dude in in macdonalds by an embryo.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I deal with customers all day every day and would be extremely annoyed with any member of my staff who failed to use "Sir" or "Ma'am" and the customer's name (ie Mr Smith, Mrs Jones). 

Using terms like mate is an instant accreditation fail and since my staff have to pass their accreditations twice a week they all know better than to do it. Admittedly our contact with the customer is primarily by telephone or skype when we talk to them but even if it were face to face I would require and expect the same level of courtesy. I may be an old fart but frankly I've worked in the service and retail sector for almost my entire adult life and feel the way standards have slipped in the last ten years is sad. 

That said if anyone ever says "Have a nice day" like they do in the US to me I do feel an almost immediate urge to rip off their head and take a dump down their neck. That particular Americanism absolutely infuriates me. When a transaction is over a simple "Goodbye Sir." is more than sufficient. The false smiles and forced cheer the yanks try and train into every retail worker really annoys me. It's one more proof they're about style rather than substance.

Loads of Yanks here piss in me off with their drawl and me me attitude. Had a run in the other night with a couple whilst watching a band. She was shouting and bawling like her luv eggs had gone awol. I asked her boyfriend to take the batteries out of her rabbit and ask her to calm down. The volume went down one notch to ten and she carried on showing herself up. Cunt.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:I deal with customers all day every day and would be extremely annoyed with any member of my staff who failed to use "Sir" or "Ma'am" and the customer's name (ie Mr Smith, Mrs Jones). 

Using terms like mate is an instant accreditation fail and since my staff have to pass their accreditations twice a week they all know better than to do it. Admittedly our contact with the customer is primarily by telephone or skype when we talk to them but even if it were face to face I would require and expect the same level of courtesy. I may be an old fart but frankly I've worked in the service and retail sector for almost my entire adult life and feel the way standards have slipped in the last ten years is sad. 

That said if anyone ever says "Have a nice day" like they do in the US to me I do feel an almost immediate urge to rip off their head and take a dump down their neck. That particular Americanism absolutely infuriates me. When a transaction is over a simple "Goodbye Sir." is more than sufficient. The false smiles and forced cheer the yanks try and train into every retail worker really annoys me. It's one more proof they're about style rather than substance.

Loads of Yanks here piss in me off with their drawl and me me attitude. Had a run in the other night with a couple whilst watching a band. She was shouting and bawling like her luv eggs had gone awol. I asked her boyfriend to take the batteries out of her rabbit and ask her to calm down. The volume went down one notch to ten and she carried on showing herself up. Cunt.
lol!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Loads of Yanks here piss in me

Keep your perverted sexual practices to yourself.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

karlypants wrote:
gloswhite wrote:

I Used to go to Tywyn/Aberdyfi/Aberystwyth a lot when I was a kid, that's the furthest I got really along with the odd day out to Llandudno and Rhyl. Smile
Used to go to school in Towyn, and watch the Talyllyn train go past the end of the playground in the summer, good days. Was in all the places you mention, last year, along with Barmouth, which is a nice place.

Where does the Wanderers connection come from, Glos?

If you don't mind me asking.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

My dad came out of the army in 1962, and we moved to Bolton, (his brother was the manager of the Odeon). We moved from Elgin, in Morayshire. Lived in Bolton for a couple of years before he ran away with the woman he was working with. We all got back together in London, but in the meantime I'd seen the Whites, and was hooked. Actually, the very first game I saw was with a complimentary ticket given to my uncle.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
karlypants wrote:
gloswhite wrote:

Used to go to school in Towyn, and watch the Talyllyn train go past the end of the playground in the summer, good days. Was in all the places you mention, last year, along with Barmouth, which is a nice place.

They always do the 'Race the Train' in Tywyn against the train on the Talyllyn Railway along with a fair every year, my Uncle once participated in it although didn't finish first, I think he got a T-shirt for participating.

We couldn't get my grandad out of the beer tent one time and remember keeping the plastic pint glasses once finished for the caravan. 

Haven't been back for around 15 years but had some happy times round there.

They had a smaller guage railway with steam engine (Always been a bit of a fan of trains (shut up Nat, no I'm not Amos' relation! Very Happy )) near to the Treadegar? pub which you may know?

Another place I had been to was Dollgoch? Falls which was a lovely place to walk around.

Happy days. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum