Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years

+4
Bolton Nuts
largehat
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Thu Jun 21 2012, 14:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another Facebook bellend has been sent to prison for encouraging people to start a riot in Southampton last Summer. Mitchell Stancombe got three years.

BBC Report

Now, I do applaud stiff sentences but I do have an ounce of sympathy for this idiot - we've all written stupid things on the internet, is what this chap did worse than the chubby Adlington bint who stole £200k from her employer and only got 20 months behind bars?

Is it worse than the case of Gary Leeming who had sex with a girl under 13 and only got a suspended sentence?

I would say not. Is Mitchell Stancombe a victim of the high profile riots, or did he deserve the 3 years in prison?

2Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Thu Jun 21 2012, 16:01

3 years is a lot for writing something on facebook when you compare it to other punishments handed down. rapists often get 3 years or less.

3Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Thu Jun 21 2012, 19:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was urging others to attack the police and Muslims from the comfort of his keyboard. We have to have these strong sentences to deter other clogheads from doing the same.

Part of the reason for the length of the sentence could be because the judge took the view that his comments were racially motivated.

4Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Thu Jun 21 2012, 19:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:

Part of the reason for the length of the sentence could be because the judge took the view that his comments were racially motivated.

But is posting a racist message as bad as shagging a 12 year old? I don't think so.

5Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Thu Jun 21 2012, 20:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of course not but by posting comments inciting like minded knuckleheads to riot, someone could have got seriously injured or killed , as happened in Birmingham..

6Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Thu Jun 21 2012, 20:12

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

But is posting a racist message as bad as shagging a 12 year old? I don't think so.

Didn't you once claim you had a sexual relationship with a teacher when you were 15 and at school? In the eyes of the law 12 and 15 are the same.

7Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Thu Jun 21 2012, 20:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Of course not but by posting comments inciting like minded knuckleheads to riot, someone could have got seriously injured or killed , as happened in Birmingham..

Perhaps, but you can't give sentences based on what MIGHT have happened.

8Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Fri Jun 22 2012, 12:06

Bolton Nuts

Admin

It's lunacy.
Things like he said can be tongue in cheek - not saying his was like - but I could have easily found myself on this forum spouting something like "We should start a Bolton Nuts riot" as an obvious silly comment. But then if some numpty decided to take a banner out to a riot with Bolton Nuts on it - I'd be getting 3 years. That person would have gone to a riot anyway without my "incitement" - I would just explode if I got done for something like that while other idiots roam the streets up to all sorts.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

9Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Fri Jun 22 2012, 13:58

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Biggie wrote:It's lunacy.
Things like he said can be tongue in cheek - not saying his was like - but I could have easily found myself on this forum spouting something like "We should start a Bolton Nuts riot" as an obvious silly comment. But then if some numpty decided to take a banner out to a riot with Bolton Nuts on it - I'd be getting 3 years. That person would have gone to a riot anyway without my "incitement" - I would just explode if I got done for something like that while other idiots roam the streets up to all sorts.

Where's it taking place and what time are we kicking off?

10Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Fri Jun 22 2012, 21:21

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I am sick of the racist hysteria in this country, it now seems to be the most hideous of crimes. How long before we won't be able to use the word black . How the fuck did this silly shit get off the ground.

11Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Fri Jun 22 2012, 22:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Common sayings like Blackboard and Black spot have virtually been eradicated by the PC Brigade.

The police now refer to accident black spots as accident hot spots. Teachers are encouraged to say wipe board or nobo board rather than blackboard.

What absolutely got my goat this week was a number of tabloids with front page headlines of 'Black Market' Where the fuck do you draw the line?.

In my opinion, Snow White and Baa Baa Black sheep are not racist terms. They simply describe colour so why all the bullshit?

White people are actually more pink than white but if we call ourselves pink we could offend gay people who have claimed pink as their exclusive colour.

12Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Fri Jun 22 2012, 22:59

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

RT -

Blackboards - the vast majority of schools have no blackboards any more. They have whiteboards and they are called 'whiteboards'. I have experience of working in education and this business about teachers being discouraged to use 'blackboards' for PC reasons is a lie. The word is falling out of use because the item to which it refers is falling out of use.

Black spot - first I've heard of it. Who cares what internal language the police use. Are you suggesting there isn't/wasn't institutional racism within the police?

Black market - this terms is still in regular use is it not? What's the PC alternative you're unhappy with?

Nobody is banning 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarves'. No one is banning 'Baa Baa Black Sheep'.

Gay people have not 'claimed pink as their exclusive colour'.

I'm sorry to sound rude, but all you've done is trundle out a load of untrue cliches about political correctness.

13Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Fri Jun 22 2012, 23:56

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Of course not but by posting comments inciting like minded knuckleheads to riot, someone could have got seriously injured or killed , as happened in Birmingham..

Perhaps, but you can't give sentences based on what MIGHT have happened.

You can...

It's called conspiracy...

14Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Sat Jun 23 2012, 11:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:RT -

Blackboards - the vast majority of schools have no blackboards any more. They have whiteboards and they are called 'whiteboards'. I have experience of working in education and this business about teachers being discouraged to use 'blackboards' for PC reasons is a lie. The word is falling out of use because the item to which it refers is falling out of use.

Black spot - first I've heard of it. Who cares what internal language the police use. Are you suggesting there isn't/wasn't institutional racism within the police?

Black market - this terms is still in regular use is it not? What's the PC alternative you're unhappy with?

Nobody is banning 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarves'. No one is banning 'Baa Baa Black Sheep'.

Gay people have not 'claimed pink as their exclusive colour'.

I'm sorry to sound rude, but all you've done is trundle out a load of untrue cliches about political correctness.

An area or road with a high proliferation of accidents was commonly referred to as an accident blackspot. The correct PC term is accident hotspot. I am surprised you have never heard of blackspot. It suggests a bad area hence the change to hotspot.

Black market suggests underhand skullduggery and is therefore inappropriate. Illicit market would be much more appropriate, would you not agree?

I never suggested that Snow White and the seven dwarves should be banned. If they were it would spoil Christmas for a lot of children. I watched a panto performance a few years ago and the dwarves were full of beans, running around and having fun and jolly japes with the audience. A few days later as I was driving in Manchester I saw a dwarf walking along and I wound my window down and shouted ' Hi Ho!' He told me to fuck off! Now what is that all about?

The pink Triangle has become an international symbol of gay pride has it not ?

15Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Sat Jun 23 2012, 13:26

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:

An area or road with a high proliferation of accidents was commonly referred to as an accident blackspot. The correct PC term is accident hotspot. I am surprised you have never heard of blackspot. It suggests a bad area hence the change to hotspot.

Black market suggests underhand skullduggery and is therefore inappropriate. Illicit market would be much more appropriate, would you not agree?

I never suggested that Snow White and the seven dwarves should be banned. If they were it would spoil Christmas for a lot of children. I watched a panto performance a few years ago and the dwarves were full of beans, running around and having fun and jolly japes with the audience. A few days later as I was driving in Manchester I saw a dwarf walking along and I wound my window down and shouted ' Hi Ho!' He told me to fuck off! Now what is that all about?

The pink Triangle has become an international symbol of gay pride has it not ?

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer with my point about 'blackspot' and 'hotspot'. When I wrote 'first I've heard of it' I was referring to the change from 'blackspot' to 'hotspot', not the word 'blackspot'.

My point is when I hear traffic reports on the radio I still her the term 'blackspot' and when I see news reports about fake goods/ticket touting/consumer affairs, I still hear the term 'black market'.

The PC Brigade has not commandeered or eradicated these words as far as I can see, and there is a lot of alarmism, particularly among older generations and Daily Mail readers, that they have. Same with Snow White and Baa Baa Black Sheep. Like you say, black is a colour.

The LGB community does use pink as a symbol and in its language, but it hasn't, nor is it seeking, exclusive rights to a colour or a term for a colour.

16Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Sat Jun 23 2012, 21:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We may well be singing off the same hymn sheet but I suspect you may be backtracking.

Get it into your head that ' blackspot' is no longer acceptable. Hotspot is the new blackspot. It's about time that Black Market was also dispensed with.

Any commonly used word that is derogatory to black people should be avoided. Black Market is a prime example.

If you go into a cafe for a coffee and you like your coffee black then you should say ' Coffee without milk ' rather than ' Coffee black' .

If you are unsure about correct etiquette then get yourself on a diversity course.

17Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Sat Jun 23 2012, 21:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

All this crap about the use of black, white, pink, etc is ridiclulous, and bit by bit we are all be subjected to something that everyone can, and will be, offended by, no matter how trivial. Try exporting all this shit to other countries and they will wonder what the hell is going on. The vast majorities of foreign countries, just get on with things, and no doubt sort it out in their own ways as well. I doubt they go around taking offence at the interpretation of comments at such a low level. What pisses me off more than this , is the clowns who hide behind the pc badge. What happened to common sense, and true diversity, not the silliness that passes for it under the pc banner. (thats me, I'm off my orange box now)

18Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Sat Jun 23 2012, 22:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gloswhite, you have hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately, the term common sense was highlighted by a High Court Judge as being unsuitable in modern times because most foreign immigrants were unfamiliar with the term!

19Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Sat Jun 23 2012, 22:19

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thats so fucking stupid, I believe it. (and I bet he didn't consult with immigrants to see if that was true)

20Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Empty Re: Facebook Bellend Gets 3 years Sat Jun 23 2012, 22:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is 100% true. It made national headlines. The Judge concerned made a point of suggesting that the term ' common sense' should not be applied to immigrants because they may not understand the concept!

The press made a big issue of it at the time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum