Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lion Of Vienna Suite

+5
karlypants
MartinBWFC
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Leeds_Trotter
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 11:15

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Is there only me that thinks it's an absolute joke of a site? The people who run it and do the stories are so idiotic it's unreal. The language the editors use is disgusting, there is no need for such profanities whatsoever. It's really hard to take a site that has a swear word in more or less every post seriously.

Surely we could all come together to create something much more insightful and of a much higher quality than that piece of garbage?

2Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 11:19

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How much has sluffy paid you for that?

3Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 11:21

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You only have to look at the players ratings post on their site to realise how poor the site is really run.

4Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 11:27

Swearing and football go hand in hand.

Always have, always will.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

Simples.

5Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 11:33

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's not just the odd swear word on there though Bread. In addition to that everything they ever say or do is negative.

6Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 11:34

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Their coverage of the court case was good as well, can't fault them for that. They basically did marc iles job for him that day and was the only reason any of us knew what the hell was happening. As for swearing, it doesn't bother me one fucking bit.

7Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 11:39

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As Breaders says swearing and football fans in general go hand in hand, even on chatbox the air is blue on matchdays, I see no harm in it.

8Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 11:44

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Like I said he occasional swear word is fine but have you seen the post with the player ratings? It's bloody rife with it! There is no need for all of it to be in there.

9Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 11:47

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Like I said he occasional swear word is fine but have you seen the post with the player ratings? It's bloody rife with it! There is no need for all of it to be in there.
I have seen it, and to me that comes across as sheer frustration to be honest, mind you the author is a true bellend.

10Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 11:52

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Like I said he occasional swear word is fine but have you seen the post with the player ratings? It's bloody rife with it! There is no need for all of it to be in there.
Just read them and (apart from the Gary Madine one) saw one pissing relating to Trotter and a Fucking relating to the referee (which could have been a lot worse).

11Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 11:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have been on the website in the past but it is either me or the site is badly laid out as I cannot find the forum.

The only real comments I can find is under the articles they publish and the bottom comment on the player ratings has swear words and that's all I can find.

Is this it?

12Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 11:54

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

karlypants wrote:I have been on the website in the past but it is either me or the site is badly laid out as I cannot find the forum.

The only real comments I can find is under the articles they publish and the bottom comment on the player ratings has swear words and that's all I can find.

Is this it?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 11:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
karlypants wrote:I have been on the website in the past but it is either me or the site is badly laid out as I cannot find the forum.

Is this it?
Yeah that's the article I have been in.

Just read the last comment again. Very Happy

To be honest, you get the odd post like that on here when someone is cheesed off.

14Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 12:05

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

karlypants wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:

Is this it?

To be honest, you get the odd post like that on here when someone is cheesed off.
It's different on here though,  this is a forum where people post their views and opinions. Where as that is meant to be a website to give people an insight to all things Bolton Wanderers.

15Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 12:13

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Is there only me that thinks it's an absolute fucking joke of a site? The cunts who run it and do the shite stories are so fucking idiotic it's unreal. The language the twats use is disgusting, there is no need for such bastard profanities whatsoever. It's really hard to take a wank site that has a swear word in more or less every fucking post seriously.

Surely we could all come together, bum each others head off and create something much more fooking insightful and of a much higher quality than that piece of shit?
much better

16Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 12:15

The last comment on that piece is me.

I'd had a few......

17Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 12:24

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:

Is this it?

It's different on here though,  this is a forum where people post their views and opinions. Where as that is meant to be a website to give people an insight to all things Bolton Wanderers.

I went on it for a few weeks but  packed it in as I found it a bit boring -there were no characters on it, nothing like you shower!

18Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 12:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Generally those who consider themselves holier than thou aren't the best to run blogs. 

That said I can count on one hand the amount of times I've visited the site so I won't say anything about the content.

19Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 12:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bwfc1958 wrote:Their coverage of the court case was good as well, can't fault them for that. They basically did marc iles job for him that day and was the only reason any of us knew what the hell was happening. As for swearing, it doesn't bother me one fucking bit.

Hold up there 58.

The coverage from the court until the last appearance was done on twitter by a bloke called Ian Firth who posts under the name of Super White Smurf who had absolutely nothing at all to do with the LoV although since I think he has been invited to submit articles for them.

The coverage of the last occasion however was published under the LoV banner with everyone, myself included, thinking it was from the same author (Ian Frith) - it was not!

In fact a carless tweet blew the whole charade and revealed that the person in court reporting that day was non other than George Bower one of the Steering Group members of the Supporters Trust!

Now I would have had no problem with Bower reporting from court in his own right or even better I would have though, tweeting on the ST's own twitter account - isn't that why they set up in the first place to shine a light on things that are or have been kept in the dark in the past - but to report incognito, deliberately trying to mislead people that it was coming from someone else (Firth) on a site that makes money for its 'franchisee' Chris Manning / Kane / Batman through clicking on the site is nothing short of deceitful and underhanded to me.

It is blatantly clear that the LoV who has at least THREE people actively involved in the ST set up and Marc Iles who obviously knows most if not all of the ST and who certainly blows smoke up its arse at every possible opportunity are all hand in hand with all of the goings on between the three separate groups - the Lov, the ST and the Bolton News reporting of the ST and takeover via its 'lead' reporter on all this.

The irony to me about all this was that all three of the groups raison d'etre for being was to bring about openness, honesty and transparency about the dealings of the club but at the very first opportunity to actually do something meaningful along those lines they decided to do the very thing they all have been publically complaining about!

Talk about the pot calling the kettle!

20Lion Of Vienna Suite Empty Re: Lion Of Vienna Suite Mon 14 Mar - 12:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't see the need to slag off the LoV site. It is what it is and folk can take it or leave it. The more BWFC sites the merrier IMO especially when they provide a bit of variety and choice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum