Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Sports Shield annual account overdue and face compulsory strike off!

+11
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Bwfc1958
FullofSprite
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The accounts are now almost 3 months late and steps to compulsory to strike off the company has already begun.

It's not quite as bad as it sounds though as there is plenty time for SS to get their house in order but it hardly inspires confidence in the future!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

#killingthesite

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why does every anti-BWFC thread need a thread of its own?

#killingthesite

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:#killingthesite
Laughing

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:The accounts are now almost 3 months late and steps to compulsory to strike off the company has already begun.

It's not quite as bad as it sounds though as there is plenty time for SS to get their house in order but it hardly inspires confidence in the future!

Accounts due 31st March. 1st notice usually + 3 months to rectify the situation. Companies can apply before the due date  for an extension. (George Bower @continuumCFP)

Since Holdsworth didn't take over BWFC until quite late, I assume he will have applied for an extension. Think we need to be careful that we don't go into panic mode all the time.

Sports Shield need to be given time to get themselves sorted before fans start kicking them in the goolies. Give em a chance

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

FullofSprite wrote:
Sluffy wrote:The accounts are now almost 3 months late and steps to compulsory to strike off the company has already begun.

Think we need to be careful that we don't go into panic mode all the time.

Sports Shield need to be given time to get themselves sorted before fans start kicking them in the goolies. Give em a chance
Yes. I'm with Spritey. 

I understand the negativity, I'm just bored of it. We were pissed off and negative before the takeover and everyone's just the same now. 

I'm past giving a shit now and I'm willing to just sit back and see how it pans out. 

#allhaildeanothesaviour

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

FullofSprite wrote:

Accounts due 31st March. 1st notice usually + 3 months to rectify the situation. Companies can apply before the due date  for an extension. (George Bower @continuumCFP)

Since Holdsworth didn't take over BWFC until quite late, I assume he will have applied for an extension. Think we need to be careful that we don't go into panic mode all the time.

Steady on, I'm not putting the boot in merely reporting the facts.

Despite what George Bower (member of the ST Steering Group) may say, Companies House state on their site that -

"First annual return made up to 6 January 2016, due by 3 February 2016" is "overdue"

...and it is they - not I or any other fan - who will issuing "notice for compulsory strike-off" on the 5th April.

It is all there in black and white on the Company House site, link provided above, if anybody actually bothered to read it.

So don't be shooting the messenger. If anybody is at fault it is Holdsworth who for some reason hasn't bothered to submit his financial accounts on time!

Thank you.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

What exactly does 'strike off' mean?

£750 fine coming Deano's way, could rise to £1,500 if he takes longer than 6 months. Explains why the fire sale's on this summer.

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:

Steady on, I'm not putting the boot in merely reporting the facts.

Despite what George Bower (member of the ST Steering Group) may say, Companies House state on their site that -

"First annual return made up to 6 January 2016, due by 3 February 2016" is "overdue"

...and it is they - not I or any other fan - who will issuing "notice for compulsory strike-off" on the 5th April.

It is all there in black and white on the Company House site, link provided above, if anybody actually bothered to read it.

So don't be shooting the messenger.  If anybody is at fault it is Holdsworth who for some reason hasn't bothered to submit his financial accounts on time!

Thank you.

But he wasn't in charge at that time and will surely apply for an extension, and certainly has good cause to be able to ask for some time, to prepare accounts.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bwfc1958 wrote:What exactly does 'strike off' mean?

Close them down as a business.

It is against the law to carry on trading if you are insolvent (can't pay the bills as they fall due) and that is why every business has to submit annual accounts to show that they are still a going concern (able to pay the bills for the year ahead).

Obviously if you are in a sticky financial position you may want to delay submitting the accounts until things are better for you - that is basically what Davies had done (and indirectly also triggered the player transfer embargo on us too).

I'm not saying SS is in the shit or anything and there is plenty time to put things right but it does show that everything in SS's financial garden is not to rosy at the moment.

What's happened Michael Collins?

Remember him....?

He was shown early on in all this in that infamous photo in the BN, forming one half of the bread in the "Disley sandwich" with Holdsworth and was described as "co-founder of Sports Shied and business partner of Holdsworth".

No mention of him since.

And he's no longer mentioned anywhere on their website.

Airbrushed almost......

Hmmm......

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:

It is against the law to carry on trading if you are insolvent (can't pay the bills as they fall due) and that is why every business has to submit annual accounts to show that they are still a going concern (able to pay the bills for the year ahead).

Obviously if you are in a sticky financial position you may want to delay submitting the accounts until things are better for you - that is basically what Davies had done (and indirectly also triggered the player transfer embargo on us too).

I'm not saying SS is in the shit or anything and there is plenty time to put things right but it does show that everything in SS's financial garden is not to rosy at the moment.

I think there is also a 'BWFC Sports Shield' which is another company set up by Deano

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

FullofSprite wrote:But he wasn't in charge at that time and will surely apply for an extension, and certainly has good cause to be able to ask for some time, to prepare accounts.

WTF?

It is Holdsworth's OWN business.

The one he set up BEFORE he bought the club.

Even George Bower now acknowledges he got it wrong -

My tweet to George -

Ta for reply but Companies House state however "First annual return made up to 6 Jan 2016, due by 3 Feb 2016" is "overdue".

His reply -

aye, my mistake. Apologies. Be interesting to know who the BWFC shareholders are? DH personally or SSBWFC.

It is ALL in the Companies House link I posted right from the very first post of this thread.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

FullofSprite wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I think there is also a 'BWFC Sports Shield' which is another company set up by Deano

There is but we are not talking about that one, otherwise the thread title would be different and the link to Companies House different too!

So is the SS in the OP significant or not?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:So is the SS in the OP significant or not?

Depends on how Holdsworth has organised his businesses, which we won't know until he submits his accounts.

On the face of it, it was SS that bought the club and thus if all the other arms of the business such as BWFCSS answered to it, it would be very significant.

However if on the other hand all the other business were structured to be stand alone, then not that significant - not to us anyway although it would be to anyone who has invested their money into it!

The fact that he hasn't submitted accounts though is troubling.

It's not that hard to close a business down if he wanted to, nor that difficult to submit accounts if things were going ok - but to do neither hints of a problem.

This don't forget is the business we are talking about - the one that "makes money, make money"!

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

There is but we are not talking about that one, otherwise the thread title would be different and the link to Companies House different too!

All I'm trying to do is get a perspective on it, rather be doom and gloom over the first thing that goes astray.

As you say in your next thread, it maybe significant it might not be.

Ffs.  The guy has just stopped us from going into admin (for now at least) and it is his first foray into club ownership.  Its been a whirlwind for fans all season and will have been exactly the same for deano and whoever else is involved.  Lets give him a chance before we berate him at every twist and turn and publicise worst case scenarios constantly.  LOV has already cornered that market.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum