Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sports shield takeover

+13
karlypants
Diadora
Cajunboy
terenceanne
Boggersbelief
okocha
scottjames30
wanderlust
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok Trotter
Bwfc1958
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Are you happy about the takeover and new owners?

Sports shield takeover  Vote_lcap59%Sports shield takeover  Vote_rcap 59% [ 17 ]
Sports shield takeover  Vote_lcap41%Sports shield takeover  Vote_rcap 41% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 29

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Sports shield takeover  Empty Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 09:50

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Straightforward question. 

With the takeover done and dusted, what is your initial reaction?

2Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 09:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm still not 100% convinced that everything is kosher and above board. This sorry saga has dragged on and on for so long that I'm sure that there is an awful lot that us, the fans, have not been told.

I just hope the news has the desired effect on the pitch starting with our local derby with Preston tomorrow.

3Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 10:00

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No. I think in the end (sooner than some might think) this deal is going to go sour and big time. I don't know how SSI can possibly do what needs to be done with the lack of money they have and I can't see them being able to pay the bills for more than a few months at which point they're probably hoping to sell us onto someone else with deeper pockets. I don't like or rate this deal really. I'm glad the taxman is off our backs for now but I fear it's a very short reprieve.

4Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 10:08

Something came to light last night which I can't divulge on here but I'm now far less sure about all this.

In the light of what I found out, I've now got some very real reservations about Sports Shield.

I'm not going to bang on about it and I wouldn't expect anybody to accept what I'm saying as fact, but I can honestly say that the person who told me is 100% trustworthy (we grew up in the same house) and the information I was given is 100% accurate and does not show SS in a good light at all.

In fact, I wouldn't touch anybody involved with a barge pole.

That's all I can say and I wouldn't expect anybody to take my word for it, but I'm more than a little concerned now.

Last edited by Breadman on Fri Mar 11 2016, 10:11; edited 1 time in total

5Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 10:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Something came to light last night which I can't divulge on here but I'm now far less sure about all this.

In the light of what I found out, I've now got some very real reservations about Sports Shield.

Who told you, the mole or the horse?

6Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 10:11

For once, I'm not playing it for laughs.

This is serious.

7Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 10:11

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Bloody hell bread. You can't just leave it at that! What do you know?  You can always use the word allegedly or something.

8Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 10:12

Sorry, mate.

I'm saying nowt.

9Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 10:13

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Breadman wrote:Sorry, mate.

I'm saying nowt.
I prefer sir, if you don't mind.  Smile

10Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 10:13

Sorry, my liege.

11Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 10:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:For once, I'm not playing it for laughs.

This is serious.

You bellend. So you've found out something the FL failed to?

Love it.

12Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 10:21

The Football League know all about it.

Why do you think they want to see the books every month for the next 18 months?

Do you know of any other takeover with that condition attached?

13Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 10:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:The Football League know all about it.

Why do you think they want to see the books every month for the next 18 months?

Do you know of any other takeover with that condition attached?

If you really do know something why are you scared to reveal it? Will you be killed?

14Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 10:28

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

How will ss approach the rest of the season I wonder. Do they waste some money on a lost cause and chase the dream of staying up or accept the fact we are as good as down whether they bring a few players in our not and save the money to put towards a league one promotion push next season?

15Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 10:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

they need to be realistic and expect us to go down and base their budgets going forward as a league 1 club. How we can do that in reality with so many high earners on the wage bill is beyond me

16Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 11:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:The Football League know all about it.
Are we supposed to guess what it is that is bad news for the club and yet has received the approval of both the FL and the Court?
It can't be lack of inward investment because we already know that SS are skint and there isn't going to be any, at least as far as team building is concerned.
It can't be asset -stripping because we already know they are going to have to sell everything that isn't nailed down just to keep us afloat.
We already know they are an investment company so will be preparing the business for onward sale as soon as is feasible, so what can there possibly be that we don't know already?

Or are you suggesting that the Court and the FL are party to some illegal activity?

17Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 11:27

Not at all.

As I've already said, I don't expect anyone to accept what I'm saying at face value and that's fair enough - I'd be the same.

The FL obviously have some reservations about the people involved and I now think I understand more about why this is.

In isolation, what we know about Anderson is mildly concerning but I've also now seen something else about someone else involved which concerns me greatly.

And that's all I'm saying.

18Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 11:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If they've passed all checks from the football league, been vetted and passed, then that's good enough for me, despite what some fake mole says.

19Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 12:09

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well I was going to vote yes until I read Bread's message......Presumably it will be obvious to everyone when/if your suspicions are proved correct, Breaders......

Last edited by okocha on Fri Mar 11 2016, 12:48; edited 1 time in total

20Sports shield takeover  Empty Re: Sports shield takeover Fri Mar 11 2016, 12:44

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck sake.. So we've just got new owners after months of shite and already this is "going to turn sour". Give it a rest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum