Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holdsworth appeals for fans to "stick together"

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dean Holdsworth has appealed to Wanderers supporters to stick with the club after relegation from the Championship was confirmed today.

The chief executive, whose takeover ultimately came too late to save the club from dropping out of the division, contacted The Bolton News to thank the fans for keeping faith during a dismal campaign.

Defeat at Derby County has confirmed Wanderers would be playing outside the top two divisions for the first time since 1993.

But while it has been a bitter pill to swallow, Holdsworth hopes relegation will only prove a temporary setback as he looks to restore former glories.

“This is a sad day for the club and fans,” he said. “But Bolton Wanderers Football Club will return stronger together in the future.

“Fans have been superb, loyal and inevitably upset as well because these have been difficult circumstances.

“With time and hard work things will get better. Carry on supporting this great club. It’s alive and it will be back.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well said Holdsworth.

Perhaps some of the keyboard warriors should take note.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it's not the fans he needs to worry about it's that shower of shite playing that he should be concentrating on. The fans will be there next season lets hope most of the current team aren't.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:The fans will be there next season

Is this your first day on the site?

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We need a team that at least plays with some desire, anyone who was around in the 80's knows we had some rubbish teams back then but I don't remember even the side that went down to Div 4 having this poor attitude. The fans will turn up and get behind the club if they see some energy and fight, it's down to the owners and management to sort their shit out.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:We need a team that at least plays with some desire, anyone who was around in the 80's knows we had some rubbish teams back then but I don't remember even the side that went down to Div 4 having this poor attitude. The fans will turn up and get behind the club if they see some energy and fight, it's down to the owners and management to sort their shit out.

Exactly, the club would be better off with a team full of 30-somethings who wanted to play for the white shirt, rather than the current crop of kids who look about as committed as Hipster.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:The fans will be there next season

Is this your first day on the site?
 yes i'm so exited i posted over 6000 times

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

Yet I don't remember a single one.

You must try harder. It's quality, not quantity. Take a leaf out of my book.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Yet I don't remember a single one.

You must try harder. It's quality, not quantity. Take a leaf out of my book.
 surely you remember when i said i was a bellend, you loved that one  Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't need to remember that one, it's framed on the wall above my PC.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum