Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Stick together' - Senior appeals for fellow Wanderers to stay with the team

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Stick together' - Senior appeals for fellow Wanderers to stay with the team 13289643

Adam Senior knows exactly how frustrating it can be watching Wanderers on the terraces… he has done it himself!

The defender, Bolton born and bred, was a regular home and away as he made his way through the academy and attended his first game at the age of five.

So when many of the 2,600 travelling fans made their feelings known during Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at Accrington, which also coincided with Senior’s first league appearance for the club in more than two years, he sympathised with their cause.

“I have stood where they are but obviously being in football and playing for Bolton it feels different,” he told The Bolton News.

“I am only a young lad so maybe I haven’t been at that stage (of frustration) – but it’s football and it happens everywhere.

“Everyone understands why fans aren’t happy. I have been out on loan for about seven weeks, so haven’t seen all the games, but I know if we stick together that once everyone is back fit we’ll be unbelievable, back to what we used to be.

“We really do need to ride this wave out. This stuff happens to a team every year, everywhere, but if you stick together you can come out feeling more positive and the mood is better. We will start winning games and it will feel like it did at the start of the season.”

Since making his debut against Gillingham at the start of the 2019/20 season at a time when the club’s very future was under threat, Senior has experienced lots of different emotions in a Wanderers shirt.

“I am only young but I have seen highs and the lows,” he said. “I was here when we were in the Championship and not getting paid, I saw what the fans could be like then.

“I saw us at the start of the season getting 20-odd thousand against Rotherham, this is a massive club with a massive support.

“But you have to stick together and ride it out.

“The fans are entitled to an opinion and they pay their money but we can only change it if we start winning.

“Me saying this now isn’t going to change anything. It might be the same next week.

“But you need to be one big group, in and out of the club.”

Senior admitted that Wanderers should have been ahead by half time at Accrington after creating a number of good chances – including one header for himself.

“I wasn’t expecting it, to be fair, and the wind took it up. I should have headed it down,” he said.

“I had a similar chance for Ashton and scored it but it’s one of them, go again.

“The result is a tough one to take because I thought we’d dominated in the first half and made chances, which if we take them it is a different kind of game.

“In the second half, last 20, we started going long. And that is exactly what they wanted us to do with the lads they have at the back.

“We stopped playing the way we should play. But I think there were some good signs earlier in the game.”

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not surprised young Adam was sent out to do the presser - by far the least likely to get stick after that performance.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum