Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burnden Aces Forum has been deleted!

+8
boltonbonce
Numpty 28723
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Norpig
scottjames30
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Sadly I think the lowering number of posters on all the BWFC forums is down to the fact that there's not much new to say about the club itself. 
Peter, you are going to have to start going on the 'Dinner' thread to let us all know what you are having for your tea.

It's the only way! Very Happy
Done Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
karlypants wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Sadly I think the lowering number of posters on all the BWFC forums is down to the fact that there's not much new to say about the club itself. 
Peter, you are going to have to start going on the 'Dinner' thread to let us all know what you are having for your tea.

It's the only way! Very Happy
Done Very Happy
cheers

Some poor responses on here. Aside from an 'inter forum war' - embarrassing. Somebody's just lost a lot of hard work and history. I hope they can recover it.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Some poor responses on here. Aside from an 'inter forum war' - embarrassing. Somebody's just lost a lot of hard work and history. I hope they can recover it.
Which Sluffy no doubt did TBH before it became a weirdo's paradise.

Get a grip! Bloody hell. Very Happy

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Apr 19 2016, 20:35; edited 1 time in total

If this site was deleted you'd be more heartbroken than most, shame to see anybodies hard work go to waste like that.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:If this site was deleted you'd be more heartbroken than most, shame to see anybodies hard work go to waste like that.
In all seriousness, if he hasn't got a backup (from knowing him personally he will have) then more fool him as it really is the number one thing to do in the I.T world mate.

Aye, but the majority of sites are backed up to a server.. like the one 1-2-3 reg have just deleted. Fingers crossed he has, but wouldn't surprise me if not.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Aye, but the majority of sites are backed up to a server.. like the one 1-2-3 reg have just deleted. Fingers crossed he has, but wouldn't surprise me if not.
But that isn't a backup though is it.

As you have said, the backup is on the same server that the website that is active on.  This is a really stupid way and isn't a backup.

A backup needs to be on a different medium and separate from a situation like this.

I get this a lot with customers and staff when I ask them if they have a backup of their data, they say it is on their external hard drive but I ask them if the same data is on their main hard drive as well then and they say no, it is all just on my external.

How can that be a backup then, Jeez. Smile

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:Some poor responses on here. Aside from an 'inter forum war' - embarrassing. Somebody's just lost a lot of hard work and history. I hope
they can recover it.

Inter forum war - don't make me laugh.

The owner of the site - Chris Mann has long since given up caring about the forum he started, never mind the content that is posted on there - so if he couldn't give a fuck about his own creation then why should anyone else give a toss about it either?

All he's ever bothered himself about for the last few years is the money he makes off BA from the advertising based on the number of 'hits' or 'clicks' the site receives.

That is why he's been happy enough to let bizarre wum accounts infest what remains of a once cracking forum that for a while rivalled and bettered any other BWFC forum out there.

He's let the forum go to the dogs because he lost interest in it himself and as a result any decent genuine poster as long since abandoned ship from there and post elsewhere now and have done for a long time now (including here on Nuts).

BA has gone down the shitter so long ago now that no one from any other forum has even noticed it has disappeared and no one has even contacted BA via Facebook or Twitter to ask why they can't get onto the forum or when it will be back up and running again!

For what it is worth I built BA from virtually nothing - just for the laughs.  I put hundreds if not thousands of hours into it - for free - and the thanks I got was to be stabbed in the back, dumped without any warning what so ever as a mod, ultimately banned entirely from BA and at one time even blocked as a guest to even view the bloody site!  

If anybody lost "a lot of hard work and history" on BA it was I- when the owner decided he could do a better job himself.

Well he found out the hard way he couldn't.

All water under the bridge now and Nuts has long since surpassed BA in terms of the quality and quantity of banter and in sheer volume of post made.

BA was dead a long time ago and this accidental deletion has simply put it out of its misery.

Maybe Manny will resurrect it but it certainly is looking he is in no rush to do so, nor tell anyone by twitter, facebook, or even posting on other forums what the position is and what he is planning to do.

The ball is in his court that is even if he even gaves a fuck about it anymore.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well said, Sluffy. Time to be laughing up your sleeve. It's called "Karma".

Bollotom2014 wrote:Well said, Sluffy. Time to be laughing up your sleeve. It's called "Karma".

Because he fell out with the owner Sluffy should be happy the entire site's gone? 

Doubt he's that arsed to be honest.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thanks Bollotom but 1874 is right I'm not that arsed really and would not wish ill of anyone in real life let alone over a shafting I got given on a football forum.

I suspect the site owner of BA is not that arsed himself also as he's certainly not been bothered enough to post any updates of what is happening on either the BA twitter or facebook accounts.

I've not even see any comments from any other BWFC forums (apart from Nuts) making any reference of BA's disappearance either - so I assume no one is actually gives a fuck that it is no longer currently on line - which considering how big it once was and how much fun many of us had on it is a sad reflection of how the site was left to go so quickly to shite.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You have a lot to say for someone that doesn't give a fuck

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:You have a lot to say for someone that doesn't give a fuck

Sorry, it was very inconsiderate of me to talk about the place you spent so much time on in the guise of so many fake accounts.

I hope I've not hurt your feelings too much.

I'm sure you will find somewhere else to play soon enough.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry? I've never used Burnden Aces in my life.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Burnden aces is back online, a great forum never dies.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Burnden aces is back online, a great forum never dies.
Bye then!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Bye then!
Dummy fell out, get real you tragic bellend.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Bye then!
Dummy fell out, get real you tragic bellend

Laughed out loud

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum