Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC Statement

+4
terenceanne
karlypants
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BWFC Statement Empty BWFC Statement Thu May 05 2016, 17:23

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers can confirm that the club has today commenced a consultation process with a view to restructuring its footballing operations and staff.

Whilst the club appreciates that this is a difficult and challenging process, it is imperative in order to best prepare for life in Sky Bet League One.

The club will be making no further comment on the matter at this time.

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-3097324.aspx

2BWFC Statement Empty Re: BWFC Statement Thu May 05 2016, 17:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BWFC Statement Imagejpeg

3BWFC Statement Empty Re: BWFC Statement Thu May 05 2016, 19:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure why members images in posts are not displaying...

4BWFC Statement Empty Re: BWFC Statement Thu May 05 2016, 19:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They stated that no job cuts were going to be made not so long back.

Sounds like reality is setting in with the new 'team'.

5BWFC Statement Empty Re: BWFC Statement Thu May 05 2016, 19:46

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Not sure why members images in posts are not displaying...

It was displaying when I posted it

6BWFC Statement Empty Re: BWFC Statement Thu May 05 2016, 19:51

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm afraid that's it for Doris the Tea Lady.  Alf Higginbottom the head parking lot attendant has applied for the managers job so he still among the 50 applicants. Otherwise I'm afraid it's a job at ASDA for that poor geezer.

7BWFC Statement Empty Re: BWFC Statement Thu May 05 2016, 19:58

Sounds like we are starting to realise we need to operate within our means.

Its awful people will be going into consultation.  Ive been through it myself......twice.  and both times i kept my job, so it doesnt automatically mean everyone will be out of a job.

Unfortuantely, playing staff and non playing staff are above a championship level, so deopping down to league 1 it is inevitable some jobs will go.

It's a shame you can't make a shit player redundant who has stole a living for two years like you can a regular employee who struggles to make ends meet and probably does a very good job. 

Okay,  i am generalising a little but, if i had performed in a sales job like these players have performed on the pitch i would have been managed out of my job very quickly. 

Now,  back to the announcement,  this just shows how batshit crazy some of our fans are. 

People calling for the boards head already.

"Why is he looking for 3 million investment already, thought he had the money"

"We will be in admin before next season"

Ffs, why wouldnt we be constantly seeking investment?  It is the sensible thing to do.  Neither ken or deano are seasoned owners and there is going to be teething problems especially after everything we have been through.

It is not kens and deanos fault the club has been run in such an unrealistic way that has left us up shit creek with surprises and twists at every turn.

Now is the time to see what they do.  We could of been wound up, some may argue we probably should have been.  But we wasnt and it was becuase ken and and deano stepped in and time will tell if they was upto it or not.  If not, even now, we are a much better prospect for a future purchaser than we was 6 months ago.  Even with the relegation.

8BWFC Statement Empty Re: BWFC Statement Thu May 05 2016, 20:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:We will be in admin before next season

That was Breadman's post. He'll be sending £25 to the Gender Trust.

9BWFC Statement Empty Re: BWFC Statement Thu May 05 2016, 20:33

It was someone on reebok roar on facebook.

10BWFC Statement Empty Re: BWFC Statement Thu May 05 2016, 21:29

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

To me, its a statement that tells us nothing, but its obvious they are aware the fans are desperate to hear something. This is nothing more than a holding reply to all the questions being asked, but at least its a reply.

11BWFC Statement Empty Re: BWFC Statement Fri May 06 2016, 08:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It just goes to show how some fans are selective about what they choose to take in, because it's no secret that in order for BWFC to continue to exist a lot more investment is needed and the business needs to be pared back to something that has a chance of breaking even in League 1.

Deano and Anderson have never hidden the facts and the problems they face are self-evident so anyone who is in the slightest bit surprised by this needs to pay more attention to what's going on.

The new owners don't have a clean sheet to work with so it was always going to get messy before the fresh start that we all want will be possible and it could still go tits up at any time. As mentioned previously it will be another 18 months away at least before the worst of it is behind us and even then we'll still be stuck with Amos and Clough regardless of how they turn out as professionals.

The irony is that due to the fact we are going to be stuck with a load of senior players on Premiership salaries, we have inadvertently bought a team to bid for promotion next season and I imagine Deano etc are expecting them to bounce back at the first attempt, even though they won't say it publicly.

12BWFC Statement Empty Re: BWFC Statement Fri May 06 2016, 12:11

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lusty I think by and large you're right. However I think if Dean and Ken are expecting this shower to win anything next season they're in cloud cuckoo land. 

The 'high earners' clearly don't care either about the club or their own professional reputations, they'll cling onto their insane money contracts until the last second because they know it won't be matched anywhere else. And the kids, while promising in their own right can't do it alone in a league that's going to be extremely physical and need a lot of sheer brute strength to compete in. I predict a bottom six finish unless more money is found, the embargo is lifted and we make a lot of changes on the playing side at least. Since I don't believe any of that will happen any time soon I think the slide will continue for a while yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum