Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phillips may get Wanderers role if Reid gets manager's job

+3
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ex-Sunderland striker Kevin Phillips has been touted as an assistant manager should Peter Reid get the nod at Wanderers.

The former England international is on a list of younger names who could be brought to the Macron to work alongside the experienced Reid, although much still depends on the financial problems which have resurfaced at the club being cleared.

Phillips is well-known to Reid, having spearheaded his attack at Sunderland in the high point of an illustrious Premier League career.

He hung up his boots in 2014 at Leicester after helping the Foxes win the Championship title and worked under Nigel Pearson and Claudio Ranieri before taking up an assistant coach position with Paul Clement at Derby.

He has a one-year rolling contract at the iPro Stadium, which means he would cost compensation.

Fans’ favourite Kevin Nolan is also being considered for the job and would be a popular choice as player-coach. He is currently under contract at Leyton Orient, however, which would also cost money to buy out.

Financial issues continue to dominate the agenda at the club, however, and with the relationship between co-owners Dean Holdsworth and Ken Anderson now looking strained, it remains to be seen whether the interviews which were pencilled in for this week will actually take place.

Although Reid has been front and centre throughout discussions on a new manager, the club appears to be losing out on other options.

Ex-Southampton boss Nigel Adkins is one of four people who were due to be interviewed this week but it has now emerged he is speaking to League One rivals Charlton Athletic, who are also in the market for a new manager.

Neil Redfearn – another man who has made contact about the job – is also in the frame at Blackburn Rovers.

It is understood Steve Evans, whose job prospects at Leeds United currently look precarious, would also be considered if he leaves Elland Road in time to make a case for himself.

Reid’s vast experience and knowledge of the current players puts him at a distinct advantage, especially with no sign of the transfer embargo being lifted.

He worked under strict financial measures at Leeds United and Plymouth and, working alongside Jimmy Phillips, was able to add a measure of stability to the Whites in the final few weeks of the season despite the club’s relegation already being sealed.

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Reid’s vast experience and knowledge of the current players puts him at a distinct advantage

If they choose Reid there will be a fucking riot.

Knowledge of the current players puts him at an advantage? Just fuck off.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why? I'd much rather have Reid than Phillips.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Why? I'd much rather have Reid than Phillips.

I don't want either of them.

We need someone completely new, with no association to the last few years.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reid would be good for us, hope he comes.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I don't want either of them.

We need someone completely new, with no association to the last few years.

Well no, I agree there.

Problem is our "owners" make the Labour party look functional. 

so we take what we can get.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reid has left the club

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That was inevitable after Parky was appointed. Shame to lose his contacts though.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

True, he had a cracking contact at a very good indian takeaway in Sunderland and knew a bloke who did exhausts for cheap.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

And I believe some synthetic sole slippers which caused static with the contact with his carpet

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum