Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nuts EU Referendum - How will you be voting?

+24
doffcocker
JAH
Bwfc1958
BoltonTillIDie
Dunkels King
xmiles
Soul Kitchen
King Bill
bwfc71
NickFazer
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
karlypants
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
gloswhite
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Bollotom2014
whatsgoingon
Norpig
okocha
Sluffy
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Are you an innie or an outie?

referendum - Nuts EU Referendum - How will you be voting? - Page 2 Vote_lcap51%referendum - Nuts EU Referendum - How will you be voting? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 51% [ 19 ]
referendum - Nuts EU Referendum - How will you be voting? - Page 2 Vote_lcap49%referendum - Nuts EU Referendum - How will you be voting? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 49% [ 18 ]
referendum - Nuts EU Referendum - How will you be voting? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%referendum - Nuts EU Referendum - How will you be voting? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 37

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 33]

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Definitely voting out. I doubt anyone knows whether leaving the EU will be a good or bad thing, but I'm prepared to take my chances.

We know exactly the type of policies the likes of Gove and Boris would look to implement. This is not the time to vote out and not the set of leaders to hand power to.
I don't agree. You cant bring it down to two personalities when the issues are so much bigger. Not only that, but what makes you think they will be in power ?
Were not voting for a new government, but instructing the current government on whether to negotiate, or not, our withdrawal from the EU. Also, who wants to follow a PM that continuously puts down his country, feeling that we cannot cope without the EU ?

So much has been said about the economic side, but what about sovereignty, migration/immigration, the judiciary. (Even Cameron has admitted that we will survive). If we stay in we will be dragged along into a federal state, losing almost all independence. We are continually outvoted in day to day decision, (allegedly), so this pathetic 'deal' that Cameron has gained, which has still to be ratified, will be ignored once were tied in.

This country is too big and strong, both politically and financially, to succumb to being also-rans in a community that is declining at quite a rate. We are currently being jerked about by Germany and France, (France ffs !), and we can see how they treat people who don't toe the line, Greece, Spain, Italy, etc. Merkel has finally said that we need to stay in, but we all know that its because if we come out, the EU will break apart and her influence will be reduced greatly.

Anyone who wants to stay in is burying their heads in the sand, because the EU will fail eventually, because countries were accepted when their credentials did not measure up, and now its been extended to nearly 30 countries. With so many, you would think that we may as well all go back to trading as we were, (something we were bloody good at), but of course if this happened, we wouldn't be able to have a single federal government, managed, in effect, by Germany.

Weve managed to become a great nation, on our own, for hundreds of years, and there is no reason we cant do it again. Do we really want to continue in the rut we are in, knowing it will get deeper ?

I'm 100% voting out, (you may have guessed) Very Happy

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

okocha wrote:I'm perturbed by the huge numbers of ex-convicts here that we are unable to deport.....
+1 it's a huge issue,

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Gloswhite: excellent post!!

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That's a proper post Glos,

agree with all of it, apparently the EU will punish us if we pull out which begs the question how because we currently buy more goods from the EU than we sell to them and are the second largest contributor of funds behind Germany so bring that on.
If our leadership had any balls they would be saying just that, if they start to mess with our exports to Europe then start slapping huge levies on European goods, 30% import duty on all BMW's, Mercedes, VW/Audi, Renault, Peugot, Fiat to start with. And implement reciprocal trade agreements in the US and the far east.
And then start repatriating people who have come here under the open border policy and at a push collapse the channel tunnel, Merkel abetted by Germany's perennial lapdog France are running amok and it's time someone pushed back at them.
I would love to see the EU countries population figures since open borders, I wonder how many countries populations have risen (ours for sure) and how many have dropped sharply (Romania, Poland etc). 
This would tell a story.

Quick question for the "They took urr jerbs!" crowd:

Would you like to see all the Poles get sent home after the Brexit?

Because if you would, be careful what you wish for because we rely heavily on them to keep our factories open and functioning.

And that's not Cameronesque spin, it's the evidence of my own eyes over the last 15 years.

If they all got deported tomorrow, you'd very soon find yourselves paying three quid for a loaf and about a tenner for a packet of sausages because all the companies who supply the supermarkets rely heavily on our Eastern European friends to staff their production lines.

And if they were no longer available and we had to start replacing them, it would be at a massive cost which would be passed on to the consumer, ie you and me.

So think on.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

spot on Breaders, in general the Poles are hard workers and not scroungers (well the ones i've come across which is a good few).

I have no issue with anyone from abroad coming here and living as long as they are working and paying taxes and generally contributing to soceity. There are loads of jobs out there that our own benefit scrounging lazy scrotes wouldn't even consider doing as they see it as beneath them.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't hold with that point of view Bread, if the people without jobs were forced to work by reduced benefits and means testing then the jobs would soon be filled again.
When people point to the fact that EU immigrants add to the economy, the cost of paying benefits to the labour they've replaced isn't factored in.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be voting out, with virtually everyone I know ( in real life ).

Main reason is to protect our boarders, And like somebody else has already said on here, we've been on our own for hundreds of years before now, we'll go for hundreds more, with nobody to answer to.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I'll be voting out, with virtually everyone I know ( in real life ).

Main reason is to protect our boarders, And like somebody else has already said on here, we've been on our own for hundreds of years before now, we'll go for hundreds more, with nobody to answer to.
I like a landlord who does the right thing. Keep it up Scott. :clap:

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:I don't hold with that point of view Bread, if the people without jobs were forced to work by reduced benefits and means testing then the jobs would soon be filled again.
When people point to the fact that EU immigrants add to the economy, the cost of paying benefits to the labour they've replaced isn't factored in.
 sorry don't agree there is a massive underclass of people in this country who have never worked and have no intention of working and have never paid taxes.

There would be no way you could force these people to take a job a migrant was currently doing, they would be straight on the sickness benefits and invent an illness

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There is and always be an element with that mentality, but I don't think that it is the entire out of work contingent. And so far they have been able to get away with it to an extent because the out of work option has been pretty attractive. Make that option less attractive, and remove safety nets like going straight on the sick and who knows.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

see Nat this is how you have a debate, not just calling someone a bellend because they dare to disagree with you  Very Happy

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Something I find strange is how everyone assumes that we will immediately deport all EU citizens, even though we need a transitory workforce.
Why would we not keep the ones who are currently here, until they decide to leave, but actually manage new, incoming, workers. Its to our benefit that the current situation remains the same, but once out, we will be able to offer places to people on a temporary basis, if they can prove they have work to come to. Don't forget, we can actually make our own laws, and I'm sure this will be one of the first things that will be looked at.
The same goes for our laws, etc. We aren't going to throw everything out willy nilly, were not stupid.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Also, we will have up to 2 years to negotiate our withdrawal from the EU, where such points will be considered

scottjames30 wrote:I'll be voting out, with virtually everyone I know ( in real life ).

Main reason is to protect our boarders,

Quite right, they'll never take our boarders!

referendum - Nuts EU Referendum - How will you be voting? - Page 2 Gce5qzbri

Yeah, hands off our Boarders !!

They're only ickle !!

referendum - Nuts EU Referendum - How will you be voting? - Page 2 Youngest_boarders

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At the end of the day more people will vote out, than in.

So it doesn't really matter what I think anyway, I'm in the majority .

People seem to assume we'll close the borders if we were to pull out and cut right down on immigration. Which is a load of bollocks, the government need high levels of immigration to stand any chance of hitting economic forecasts it just won't happen.

scottjames30 wrote:At the end of the day more people will vote out, than in.

So it doesn't really matter what I think anyway, I'm in the majority .

Yes if I was going to choose anyone as a reliable pollster it would be Scott 'Farage will be next PM' James.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like Farage, I share some of the values he shares.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum