Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton's refusal to pay compensation for new boss rules out Phil Parkinson

+4
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
Norpig
karlypants
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers will not be paying compensation for their next manager as Ken Anderson batted down suggestions Bradford City’s Phil Parkinson was set to become the club’s next manager.

It now appears to be a toss-up between Nigel Adkins and Steve Cotterill in the race to succeed Neil Lennon after the Whites co-owner ruled out the possibility of paying off Parkinson’s two-year contract.

“I have made my feelings quite clear about compensation and we won’t be going down that road,” Anderson told The Bolton News.

“If it was the only route then I would consider it, or if we felt that one candidate stood head and shoulders above the rest, it might be the only option.

“But I feel the quality of applicant we have had who were ‘unemployed’, if you want to put it like that, was of a very, very high calibre, so the question of whether we would or wouldn’t pay compensation does not come into it.”

It is understood an agreement is in place with the prospective manager but that his assistant – and, in fact, the two Wanderers co-owners Anderson and Dean Holdsworth – will be away until the end of the week.

A Football League meeting in Portugal could then mean the grand unveiling will be put back to Monday.

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Next Monday? Bloody clueless the lot of them  Rolling Eyes. Why are both owners away at the moment?

Holdsworth's ill and Anderson's under house arrest.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've heard a few reports that the strain is taking it's toll on DH's health.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:I've heard a few reports that the strain is taking it's toll on DH's health.

Just fuck off.

Norpig wrote:Next Monday? Bloody clueless the lot of them Rolling Eyes. Why are both owners away at the moment?

And you too.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

who said the art of debating was dead eh? Care to elaborate Nat you bellend?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Things came to a head when Anderson stole Deano's Big Issue Pitch. Could get ugly.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:I've heard a few reports that the strain is taking it's toll on DH's health.

Just fuck off.

Norpig wrote:Next Monday? Bloody clueless the lot of them  Rolling Eyes. Why are both owners away at the moment?

And you too.
Attention seeking Bint (middle aged bloke pretending to be a bint for attention)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
Attention seeking Bint (middle aged bloke pretending to be a bint for attention)

How dare you call me middle aged, I'm 31.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:who said the art of debating was dead eh? Care to elaborate Nat you bellend?

Another thread full of negative shite based on nothing.

"I've heard a few reports that the strain is taking it's toll on DH's health."

Have you ever read such crap? He might as well say "I heard it from a bloke in the pub".

As for the speed of this appointment, who cares? Every fucker in the football world is on holiday. I'd wait as long as we could, you never know who might be available come the end of the month.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:who said the art of debating was dead eh? Care to elaborate Nat you bellend?

Have you ever read such crap? He might as well say "I heard it from a bloke in the pub".

As for the speed of this appointment, who cares? Every fucker in the football world is on holiday. I'd wait as long as we could, you never know who might be available come the end of the month.
Exactly right, I just don't get all this panic, well I guess I do with some on here.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

How dare you call me middle aged, I'm 31.
In your virtual Nat world you are, god knows what that is in the real world

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Think WGO was making a dark joke as its what happened to the last man in charge. Could be wrong though

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

And for the record believe waiting till all the deadwood is off the wage bill at the end of the month before adding to it is prudent, (cut off is probable 16th - 20th). But it's the naive (at best) communication that is causing the unrest.
Given the financial position if someone came out and said that they would earn more respect than derision in my opinion.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Think WGO was making a dark joke as its what happened to the last man in charge. Could be wrong though
No mate, I don't make dark jokes about anyone's death, that's completely inappropriate but I had heard (yes purely anecdotaly) that he was feeling the stress.
For the record Nat it was the sandwich shop, I don't drink

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've seen rumours of Dean's health being poor on various sites including Twitter and Facebook. Not sure if there's anything to them though since nothing has been said by the club.

I wouldn't be surprised if both the owners are feeling some strain right now but I agree with whatsgoingon in that better communications from them would certainly help to ease the discontent many  of us are feeling. If they're hanging fire until they have to bring someone in because it keeps th wage bill down then say so, I could understand that and even respect them for it. But this constant chop and change is not helping anyone.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wasn't Deano dicking about in a shirt way too small for him during the legends game. Can't be that ill

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum