Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A V-B new manager of Spurs

+6
Angry Dad
aaron_bwfc
largehat
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty A V-B new manager of Spurs Tue 3 Jul - 14:24

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just read on ESPN

http://es.pn/NZYHZ6

2A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty Re: A V-B new manager of Spurs Tue 3 Jul - 15:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The guy is classy, if he can get Spurs playing the way he got Porto playing then look out.

If he finds the same arrogant, over inflated Ego's he found at Chelsea then I've no doubt he'll fail.

3A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty Re: A V-B new manager of Spurs Tue 3 Jul - 16:16

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I find him loathsome. He isn't cool, he is just annoying.

I am willing him to fail and I believe that he will.

4A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty Re: A V-B new manager of Spurs Tue 3 Jul - 16:33

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I like AVB. I believe he just wasn't the right fit for Chelsea, who lets face it, have the most demanding owner in football.

I think this is a very astute appointment.

I don't know what your beef is with the guy, doffcocker?

5A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty Re: A V-B new manager of Spurs Tue 3 Jul - 16:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's not Turkish?

6A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty Re: A V-B new manager of Spurs Tue 3 Jul - 17:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I like AVB, he had too many egos to deal with at Chelsea and wasn't given long enough IMO.

Daniel Levy doesn't seem the type of onwer to just get shut after a few weeks like Abramovich and I imagine will give him money and time to build his own team.

7A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty Re: A V-B new manager of Spurs Tue 3 Jul - 17:58

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Should not have sacked harry.

8A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty Re: A V-B new manager of Spurs Tue 3 Jul - 18:00

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

But what do you think of AVB, AD?

9A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty Re: A V-B new manager of Spurs Tue 3 Jul - 18:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Should not have sacked harry.

Pretty much my view as well. I have nothing against AVB. He was touted as one of the most progressive, forward thinking, young managers after his success at Porto and he probably bitterly regrets going to Chelsea.

The Spurs fans will be on his back if the team don't produce results because Harry was well liked by the majority of Spurs fans.

10A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty Re: A V-B new manager of Spurs Tue 3 Jul - 18:31

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I think AVB will prove a success given time and money. I rate him as a very good manager who will struggle for the time being with players with huge egos who are near to him in age. Any players we want to loan from Spurs now that OC's pal is in charge?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

11A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty Re: A V-B new manager of Spurs Tue 3 Jul - 18:36

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Dunno, AVB didn't exactly 'sort us out' last season with Kakuta did he?

12A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty Re: A V-B new manager of Spurs Tue 3 Jul - 18:45

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Can't win them all, I guess... Kakuta has looked a promising player but it just didn't happen for him here.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

13A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty Re: A V-B new manager of Spurs Tue 3 Jul - 21:56

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm amazed that people don't see it. To say he is arrogant just doesn't cover it.
He speaks and behaves as though under the delusion that everybody hangs on his every word and action. It's as though he thinks he carries with him an aura similar to that of Mourinho or Ferguson, and he just doesn't. I know his record at Porto is unbelievable, but nobody's a star after one season.

OH - and, of course, THE VOICE! It is just fake and annoying - like nails on a chalk board.

14A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty Re: A V-B new manager of Spurs Tue 3 Jul - 22:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wish he was my manager, extremely charismatic and a fantastic orator.

15A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty Re: A V-B new manager of Spurs Tue 3 Jul - 22:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you are looking for the Voice then look no further than Jacques Santini. Spurs legend!

https://youtu.be/HLtRttuQSOI

16A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty Re: A V-B new manager of Spurs Wed 4 Jul - 8:18

Harold77

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

This is a terrible, unambitious appointment by Tottenham.Tottenham are traditonally a bigger club than Chelsea and shouldn't be taking on their rejects.He will be the latest in quite a long line of foreign manager failures at White Hart Lane.I assume it is all about money and Tottenham have taken on the Chelsea reject because they wouldn't pay for Harry.The Jew Levy will get what he pays for though, same as the Jews behind Man Utd who won't pay what the Arab at City will for the top quality.

17A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty Re: A V-B new manager of Spurs Wed 4 Jul - 8:37

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'll leave you to your stereotyping, but your line about Tottenham taking on AVB "because they wouldn't pay for Harry" is something I have to disagree with.

It's widely thought that Tottenham got rid of Harry because of their end of season collapse and subsequent failure to qualify for the Champions League.

What club chairman in his right mind would get rid of a manager he wanted to keep over wages? Managers earn less than the top earning players at a club like that. The manager is the most important employee at the club.

How can you describe appointing a bright young coach as "unambitious" purely because he got sacked at Chelsea? In the bigger picture, AVB has had a brilliant career so far and has earned the right to be managing a large club in his mid-30s through his track record. They've not appointed 'a safe pair of hands', they've taken a bit of a gamble on a young coach which to me is very much an act of ambition. Who else were they going to get exactly?

18A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty Re: A V-B new manager of Spurs Wed 4 Jul - 11:49

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Jews, bit south park that cartman and his jews.

19A V-B new manager of Spurs Empty Re: A V-B new manager of Spurs Thu 5 Jul - 18:11

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If he's given the time and space to do what he does best, then I thyink he will show just how good he is. It became very obvious last season that he was being jerked around by just about everyone, including many of the players, but especially Abramovich. He made the mistake of listening, and trying to please, ahead of his own plans. You don't go from an excellent manager to a crap one overnight, ... unless your name is Coyle. (sorry, cheap shot, but I enjoyed it).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum