Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATED - Wanderers' transfer embargo is almost lifted

+6
Sluffy
terenceanne
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
whatsgoingon
karlypants
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's fingers crossed for Wanderers today as the club meets with the Football League in an effort to convince them to lift their transfer embargo.

Ken Anderson presents his case to representatives this morning in London which, if successful, will enable manager Phil Parkinson to make new signings when the summer window reopens on Friday.

Wanderers have been under a complete embargo enforced by the league since the end of last year and unable to register any new players at any level of the club.

It is hoped that stance will be relaxed – even if the Whites are presented with a “one in, one out” alternative in the short term.

Wanderers’ financial representatives John Pelling and Anthony Massey met with auditors Delliote last week to discuss overdue accounts. They are yet to be officially signed off but it is hoped that is now a formality.

Collating the information needed has been a complex process and has taken much longer than originally predicted when Anderson and Dean Holdsworth took over at the Macron Stadium in February.

The club insists progress has been made, however, and evidence will be presented to the league, although the club and its fans may have to wait for a final decision, which is likely to come in written form over the next few days to Wanderers’ secretary Simon Marland.

Parkinson has met with a number of players since taking charge and has given himself options in every position he is looking to strengthen.

One target, goalkeeper Matt Gilks, fell by the wayside last week as he joined Glasgow Rangers.

Reports suggest his former club Bradford City are also rivalling him for another, centre-half Mark Beevers, who has announced he is leaving Millwall and wants to return north. Championship newcomers Barnsley have also been credited with an interest.

Another target, striker Jamie Proctor, is being chased by fellow League One clubs Oldham Athletic, Coventry City and Southend United.

Meanwhile, ex-Wanderers winger Liam Feeney completed his move to Blackburn Rovers at the weekend.

The 29-year-old spent the last few months of last season on loan at Ipswich Town. He made 92 appearances and scored eight times overall for the Whites after initially joining on loan from Millwall.

Source

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fingers crossed for this as KA seems confident and in fairness to him despite much scepticism seems to be quietly going about getting the job done, this is the big one though

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do hope this goes without any hitches. If so it would be the first thing the club's done for ages without a problem of one sort or another so I'm hoping we've turned a corner.

whatsgoingon wrote:Fingers crossed for this as KA seems confident and in fairness to him despite much scepticism seems to be quietly going about getting the job done, this is the big one though
:agree:

slowly slowly catchy monkey

Stratford Johns was ace in Slowly Slowly.

Very Happy

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:I do hope this goes without any hitches. If so it would be the first thing the club's done for ages without a problem of one sort or another so I'm hoping we've turned a corner.
You're right in what you're saying but I have to say that was under the previous regime, I have to say that I'm increasingly confident we now have someone who knows what they're doing at the helm (a couple of PR gaffes aside) and that with the offices being bought back, the academy status being maintained along with a good managerial appointment maybe we're not as skint as some would like us to believe.

:COYW:

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The embargo has been easily the biggest bugbear I've had about BWFC for several months. If Ken and Dean are successful in getting it lifted it will be the first time I've felt truly positive about our future in quite a long time. In fact it's probably fair to say that getting it lifted coupled with the appointment of Phil Parkinson as manager would actually make me feel genuinely hopeful about next season.

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If they've even got close to matching the very basic needs of the embargo the FL should be looking to give us some scope because if they don't they are effectively relegating us IMO.
We only have 10 first team players according to the club website

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Shouldn't be any luck involved in it.
Ken knows what is required by the league and should be ready with the required info. This is what he gets paid for.  I fully expect for Ken to pull this off.  Echoing the above in that I think we have a much better chairman now than Darkside.  Things could be looking up for a change by the end of the week.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No news yet?

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:No news yet?
Non expected today,

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:No news yet?

Can you not read any post properly these days?

karlypants wrote:The club insists progress has been made, however, and evidence will be presented to the league, although the club and its fans may have to wait for a final decision, which is likely to come in written form over the next few days to Wanderers’ secretary Simon Marland.

It says they may have to wait, not will have to, so I think it's a fair question.

Anyway, it's done now, so why can't you just drop it and move on?

Christ....why do people take things on the internet so seriously?

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:It says they may have to wait, not will have to, so I think it's a fair question.

Anyway, it's done now, so why can't you just drop it and move on?

Christ....why do people take things on the internet so seriously?
We all need to chill like you breadman, I love the way you take things in your stride  Cool

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

luckyPeterpiper wrote:The embargo has been easily the biggest bugbear I've had about BWFC for several months. If Ken and Dean are successful in getting it lifted it will be the first time I've felt truly positive about our future in quite a long time. In fact it's probably fair to say that getting it lifted coupled with the appointment of Phil Parkinson as manager would actually make me feel genuinely hopeful about next season.

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Well well. I honestly never thought I'd see the day. I hope this embargo gets lifted just so we can see what a positive Pete sounds like. I'm not sure you'll be able to cope with such a drastic change to your outlook. You could end up going into shock or something. I hope Wendy has a defibrillator handy.  Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Iles in the last few minutes -

Understand #bwfc will meet again tomorrow with Football League to present more detail on funding. On the plus side - they haven't said "no".

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:Tweet from Iles in the last few minutes -

Understand #bwfc will meet again tomorrow with Football League to present more detail on funding. On the plus side - they haven't said "no".

On the plus side, we start playing in 6 weeks.  On the negative side, (add your own negativity here folks).   Hopefully we have a starting eleven by then!   BTW - Are you sure you don't want the colonies back?  Just asking!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bwfc1958 wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:The embargo has been easily the biggest bugbear I've had about BWFC for several months. If Ken and Dean are successful in getting it lifted it will be the first time I've felt truly positive about our future in quite a long time. In fact it's probably fair to say that getting it lifted coupled with the appointment of Phil Parkinson as manager would actually make me feel genuinely hopeful about next season.

Well well. I honestly never thought I'd see the day. I hope this embargo gets lifted just so we can see what a positive Pete sounds like. I'm not sure you'll be able to cope with such a drastic change to your outlook. You could end up going into shock or something. I hope Wendy has a defibrillator handy.  Very Happy
Yep, she has. But then again the fact we flogged a player for 25 grand today hasn't exactly boosted my positivity. Even with add on's I can't see why we took such a paltry sum when even as a category 2 academy a tribunal would have set a higher figure than that.

I'm going to remain on course for the king of doom, emperor of gloom and caller of catastrophe until the embargo is actually lifted.

Until then we're doomed I tell you! DDDOOOOOOMMMEEEDDD! Very Happy

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've got a theory (and it is a theory) that Milan Mandaric could be about to buy us,
Rationale: his trusted liutenant who oversaw his purchases of Leicester and Sheffield Wednesday has just been appointed as a consultant. At both clubs he then went on to become CEO, a position which has just been vacated by Dean Holdsworth. Holdsworth the joint owner has just been shunted from an owner/management position into a purely football position. 
Add to this the fact that both owners appeared to be potless and now we're buying back carparks and offices for future investments.
If it is true (and I appreciate it is an almighty leap on my part) it didn't work out badly for Leicester and Sheffield Wednesday as he seems to buy and then sell on.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers given hope over embargo after meeting league chiefs

WANDERERS will provide more detail to the Football League today in an effort to get themselves out of their transfer embargo.

As expected, an initial conversation between chairman Ken Anderson, the club’s legal advisors and the league did not produce a definitive outcome on Monday. A formal meeting has now been rescheduled for this afternoon.

Anderson confirmed a “good discussion” had been held with the Football League but that more information had been requested, particularly in regard to the £5million loan from BluMarble Capital Ltd which helped to service the takeover. That will be supplied later today.

Wanderers have recently investigated ways to refinance the loan, which was secured against club assets such as the Whites Hotel, and save up to £1.4million in the next 12 months.

And that appears to be the only potential sticking point between the club and the league, who issued a statement back in March to say they would be keeping a close eye on the club’s finances after the change in ownership.

By close of business today it is hoped Whites fans will have a better idea of whether Phil Parkinson will be able to make signings when the summer window reopens on Friday.

Jamie Proctor, the Bradford City striker who is available on a free transfer, is thought to be among the first names who could come through the door.

A handful of League One clubs have chased the 24-year-old, who scored 10 goals for Parkinson at Valley Parade last season, but Wanderers are favourites to land him provided the embargo is lifted in good time.

Wanderers are unwilling to make predictions on what the outcome of their talks will be, or indeed what degree of transfer restrictions will remain in place.

“We went through a number of items but there are one or two issues that the league still wants to discuss with us,” Anderson told The Bolton News. “We will talk to them again and then see where we go from there.

“We have told them a couple of the players we want to bring in and the figures involved and there doesn’t seem to be a problem.

“But they do want more details, so as frustrating as it is for us, that’s life at the moment.”

A small group of players returned for pre-season training at Lostock yesterday to meet with manager Phil Parkinson and his backroom staff, Steve Parkin, Nick Allenby and Lee Butler, for the first time.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/14586003.Wanderers_given_hope_over_embargo_after_meeting_league_chiefs/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum