Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATED - Wanderers' transfer embargo is almost lifted

+6
Sluffy
terenceanne
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
whatsgoingon
karlypants
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Peter can FINALLY shut up about the Embargo. We've been cleared to make two signings 

Wanderers cleared by Football League to make double signing by weekend
WANDERERS have been given the go-ahead by the Football League to make two signings before the weekend.

The Bolton News understands permission was granted yesterday to press ahead with recruitment plans – with striker Jamie Proctor and winger Chris Taylor the first two new faces due through the door, subject to medicals.
Defender Mark Beevers may yet make it a hat-trick but is yet to finalise an agreement with the Whites.

It is still unclear whether the embargo will be completely lifted as written confirmation of the League’s decision is in the post and may yet detail some spending restrictions.
But both Proctor and Taylor are booked on to the club’s pre-season fitness camp in Sweden, becoming the first permanent signings in seven months at the Macron Stadium.

Phil Parkinson spoke earlier today of his eagerness to “press the button” on a couple of deals, feeling time was of the essence.
“I think it needs to be resolved but it’s moving in the right direction, which is good news for the club,” he said.

“I have agreed a few deals for players but they won’t wait forever. We need some closure on them by the weekend and ideally I’d like some of them on the plane with me on Sunday night.
“Everyone is working towards that and the club can’t do any more than it is doing at this moment in time.”

Parkinson also spoke about Tyler Garratt’s move to Doncaster Rovers, admitting the lure of guaranteed first team football at the Keepmoat Stadium in League Two was a deciding factor for the young defender.
“It was a deal that was in place before I came,” he said. “I did have a chat with him but I think his mind was set – he’d been told he would be number one left-back and I couldn’t say to him that he’d start here.

“Once a player’s head has moved away from a club I think it’s the right thing to let him go. I wish him all the best.

More sales are possible this summer as Parkinson looks to address an imbalanced squad which has suffered from the lack of signings since the turn of last year.
“It will take time but I said when I came here that the squad would need reshaping considerably,” he said.

“I think there will be a lot of movement in the next few weeks and those decisions will be crucial to the season ahead.”

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So that's good news, I do feel things are moving quite nicely now particularly if we can get Beevers to who has always been rated.
A decent sale or big wage off the books and we might see some real movement

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:So that's good news, I do feel things are moving quite nicely now particularly if we can get Beevers to who has always been rated.

But the majority of posters on here said our new owners were skint, chancing, asset strippers. Surely they can't all be wrong....?

"It is still unclear whether the embargo will be completely lifted as written confirmation of the League’s decision is in the post"

Fuck me.......welcome to 1983.

You'd  think they would have a fax machine at least.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:So that's good news, I do feel things are moving quite nicely now particularly if we can get Beevers to who has always been rated.

But the majority of posters on here said our new owners were skint, chancing, asset strippers. Surely they can't all be wrong....?
A way to go yet mate but we certainly seem to be heading in the right direction.
I found your comment inflammatory though so do you mind posting it in Euro 2016 section then I can delete it and ban you Very Happy

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Will this football league wankers stop fooking around with us...... the article says we can sign only two players and maybe some restrictions....either Yea or Nay....not half way.  If Yea then let us get on with it. If Nay then so be it.

By the way I know for a fact the final decision is being delivered via Alf Higginbottom's Carrier Pigeon service of Farnworth.  The Fax machine has been sold at the Macron that's the reason for this.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:"It is still unclear whether the embargo will be completely lifted as written confirmation of the League’s decision is in the post"

The LGBT community is looking forward to your donation.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's an interesting and (I think) positive step but one small note of caution remains for me and that's exactly what restrictions the club may still be subject to and why such restrictions would be imposed.

But overall it certainly seems like a nice step forward and I'm beginning to think next season might not be a complete catastrophe of gargantuan proportions after all. Smile

But that's as much positivity in one post as I can handle. So really we're going to be relegated by Christmas and finish the season on a points total so low it wouldn't get you banned if they were on your driving licence. Wink

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:"It is still unclear whether the embargo will be completely lifted as written confirmation of the League’s decision is in the post"

And I am looking forward to making it.

Because it will mean that (A) the club isn't in Administration and (B) you can get a nice new pair of size 11 patent leather slingbacks.

Win win, surely?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hold up there Breadman. Don't forget Brexit made the pound a lot weaker and Ken didn't have that many of them to begin with. I heard he's spunked most of his cash on bringing back Doris and he didn't even restrict her to those Latvian water crackers! He let her buy real hob-knobs! affraid

Worse yet, he allowed her to buy Tesco brand tea bags instead of Aldi's slightly used recycled ones and he let her buy TWO packs.  Shocked 

It's obvious the man's gone on an insane spending spree and I fully expect admin by this time next week because I heard he's gone completely overboard and is letting Doris buy fresh milk! Where will this lunacy end?  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

And I am looking forward to making it.

Because it will mean that (A) the club isn't in Administration and (B) you can get a nice new pair of size 11 patent leather slingbacks.

Win win, surely?
lol!

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Hold up there Breadman. Don't forget Brexit made the pound a lot weaker and Ken didn't have that many of them to begin with. I heard he's spunked most of his cash on bringing back Doris and he didn't even restrict her to those Latvian water crackers! He let her buy real hob-knobs! affraid

Worse yet, he allowed her to buy Tesco brand tea bags instead of Aldi's slightly used recycled ones and he let her buy TWO packs.  Shocked 

It's obvious the man's gone on an insane spending spree and I fully expect admin by this time next week because I heard he's gone completely overboard and is letting Doris buy fresh milk! Where will this lunacy end?  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Will you get a bit more positive, uncle Ken has so far delivered far more than everyone expected and every time he does something else positive people look for negatives.
Come on live up to that lucky monika

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

whatsgoingon wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Hold up there Breadman. Don't forget Brexit made the pound a lot weaker and Ken didn't have that many of them to begin with. I heard he's spunked most of his cash on bringing back Doris and he didn't even restrict her to those Latvian water crackers! He let her buy real hob-knobs! affraid

Will you get a bit more positive, uncle Ken has so far delivered far more than everyone expected and every time he does something else positive people look for negatives.
Dear god wgo how can we be positive when that lunatic has told Doris it's OK to buy real eggs and genuine tesco margarine to put on his morning toast? Worse yet, I'm reliably informed he actually personally ordered Doris to buy a whole pack of new dusters and a tin of furniture polish at the same time! Mad

God knows how we're going to be able to afford Messi's wages now when there's all this unfettered spending going on. Evil or Very Mad

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

I'll have you know I'm only a size 9, so the joke's on you.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

Dear god wgo how can we be positive when that lunatic has told Doris it's OK to buy real eggs and genuine tesco margarine to put on his morning toast? Worse yet, I'm reliably informed he actually personally ordered Doris to buy a whole pack of new dusters and a tin of furniture polish at the same time! Mad

God knows how we're going to be able to afford Messi's wages now when there's all this unfettered spending going on. Evil or Very Mad
Is it time for your afternoon lie down Pete, put this pyjama top on, the sleeves are a bit long so we'll tie them behind your back then you don't trip over them. Also the bed doesn't lie all the way down so we'll just pop a belt on for you so you don't fall off

UPDATED - Wanderers' transfer embargo is almost lifted - Page 2 697c1510

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Oh thank you wgo, you're much too kind sir. Smile

Actually, joking aside it does feel like we might finally have touched bottom and started to climb again albeit not on the pitch as yet. I know there's a long, long way to go but the fact we're being allowed to make some signings this week is definitely a step in the right direction. It might be a small one but there's an old saying I like for this situation.

"The longest journey begins with a single step."

That's BWFC right now imo, we've just taken that first step (in finally appointing a manager) and now we're taking another bringing in new faces and hopefully improving our squad.

I know other stuff has gone on behind the scenes that we don't know about to get us here but these are the first visible steps and ones that make me feel some genuine hope for the future albeit cautious hope. :good:

Now as long as Ken can keep his spending spree in check and not send Doris for chocolate digestives when Rich Tea will do I think we'll be fine and able to meet Ronaldo's demand for three tubs of hair gel a month after all. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum