Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will Leave Keep Its Promises?

+3
whatsgoingon
Copper Dragon
xmiles
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Empty Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Tue Jun 28 2016, 14:05

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

This should be interesting. Here is the first post:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36641390

2Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Empty Re: Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Tue Jun 28 2016, 14:26

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Anyone who voted leave for the sole purpose of ending immigration and sending everyone who doesn't hold a British passport back to where they came from, wants their heads feeling.

But we should be able to know who is coming in and control the numbers, which Cameron openly admitted to not knowing the numbers.

It was always about control for me, money, immigration and trade. 

There's backtracking on both sides about the bullshit that they peddled in their campaigns.

3Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Empty Re: Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Tue Jun 28 2016, 14:29

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Same reasons for me, free movement is OK as long as it's balanced but basically it's boiled down to 27 countries populations trying to migrate to 2 countries so it's unsustainable.

4Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Empty Re: Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Tue Jun 28 2016, 15:25

If we want to enter the single market the likelihood is we won't have control over immigration or trade as we'll have to enter into freedom of movement and the same trade restrictions as the rest of the EU. 

I'd be amazed if that doesn't end up being the case.

5Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Empty Re: Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Tue Jun 28 2016, 15:50

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I wouldn't be surprised if the politicians sell out the leavers at the first opportunity, and a new trade deal looks like it might be just the way to do it.
Merkel is starting to play it tough now, and what she says usually goes.
I heard that Australia and New Zealand are vying for a (bigger, better ?) trade deal, although I thought we already had one with each of them.

6Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Empty Re: Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Tue Jun 28 2016, 17:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:

There's backtracking on both sides about the bullshit that they peddled in their campaigns.

Is that right Stan?
As far as I can tell, the Leave campaigners have backtracked on every lie they told and the so-called "threats" from the Remain campaigners regarding the impact on the economy, pensions, house prices, jobs and immigration control all seem to be coming true exactly as they predicted.

Or to be more precise, what the experts predicted is coming true.

It looks like only one side told a load of lies - the side that said ignore the experts.

Which makes me very pissed off because so far I've lost about £50 grand in a week thanks to those bastards and as house values continue to fall, shares (pensions) go down and the £disappears down a hole it's costing me - and you - more each day. I wouldn't mind if there was any hope of a recovery but it will take years just to get back to where we were last week.

Worst of all, getting a grip on immigration/economic migration/medical tourism is and always has been f*** all to do with Europe or European legislation - it's the weak British Government who refused to deal with the issue. 
Thanks to Boris and Nigel we've just thrown away our first line of defence against immigration so expect an increase whilst they continue to avoid the issue.

Boris and Nigel have sold Britain down the river to further their own flagging populist careers and frankly they should be done for treason and publicly executed IMO. Preferably on live TV to serve as a lesson to the smug "ordinary people" who knew better than the experts and put us in the mother of all messes that will cost every family in this land for years and years to come. Effing traitors the pair of them.

7Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Empty Re: Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Tue Jun 28 2016, 21:35

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

8Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Empty Re: Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Tue Jun 28 2016, 21:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:We are irrelevant and they all hate us Wanderlust.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/28/brexit-great-news-eu-britain-sovereignty

I tend to agree.

9Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Empty Re: Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Tue Jun 28 2016, 21:44

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:I tend to agree.

I do apart from his suggestion that we are an irrelevance but then says that we would have only got in the way.

10Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Empty Re: Will Leave Keep Its Promises? Wed Jun 29 2016, 18:36

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well it has come out - which is what I have been saying all along - any sort of trade agreement with EU means we have to sign the Schengen Agreement which means that ether will not even be passport control for all EU and EFTA citizens - so we lose ALL control of or internal borders with EU/EFTA.

No compromise from the EU!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum